Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Even better is when you're rooting for a lost fumble because your opponent made that worth 999 this week and you're down by 800.

Don't worry about not knowing how to play - no one really does.

Last year I think we got a bit too extreme quite a bit so perhaps now is a good time to think about rule changes to keep some things from getting too far out. And just being like punt yards only or something half the weeks. Just tossing ideas out, but maybe something about can only change points on a measurement by a factor of 2/5/10 or +/-.

Would like to keep the spirit and fun of this without it become stale mainly. Anyone have any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I am really looking forward to this league again this year. If anyone is reading this and you see a spot jump in. Its a ton of fun.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Dang, FCS, sorry to hear that.

Then again I am in a similar boat and will be cutting leagues myself.

This will probably be my only fantasy league this year. That's how much it owns.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I really don't want to help commish this league (If I do i'll be comishing 3/4 leagues). BUT: If no one else steps up, I'll help out.

I do agree that changes should be limited to 10 points. However, users should be able to "Pig Pile" to use their week's rule to add another 10 etc.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I have been loosely following this for the past 3 years and think it's incredible, so if there is a spot open this season then I will absolutely join. I am only in one real league this year so I could use something else to take up some time.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I'd like to run one of these for my friends. I'm a bit confused about rule 8 though.

quote:

8. Everyone must play all of their (valid) starters. ESPN doesn't allow league rosters to change week to week so there will be may be spots left open if those have been turned off by a rule change. Also, all of your rostered players must see the field, so using backup quarterbacks (unless that is literally all that is available and valid) is potentially unacceptable. If a player gets struck by lightning pregame and doesn't see a snap but there was no way for you to know, we will deal with it on the fly as best we can.

It seemed like one of the things that could change is the rosters, like one week it might be standard and the next it might be 2 QB 4 kickers. How is that dealt with on ESPN? Is every spot a flex?

Also, does the all rostered players rule mean that all bench players have to play every week? Is there no bench?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
We open every possible spot on ESPN at the start of the season. You only fill in spots based on what positions you are supposed to play each week.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Yep, that's basically it, it's honor system. You leave blank the spots you know are not authorized for the week (for example if there's only 1 RB slot authorized by the current rules, you only use one, despite having 3 RB slots open)

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Honor system and calling out your opponent so they get punished and you win!

Normally if someone is screwing that up though you win anyways.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Aredna posted:

Honor system and calling out your opponent so they get punished and you win!

Normally if someone is screwing that up though you win anyways.

Oddly enough I never had to lean on that to get a win last year. The one time it happened was in a game I'd have won regardless because I got a billion points off punt yards :v:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Fenrir posted:

Oddly enough I never had to lean on that to get a win last year. The one time it happened was in a game I'd have won regardless because I got a billion points off punt yards :v:

-1000 point TDs was the greatest thing ever.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

OxySnake posted:

-1000 point TDs was the greatest thing ever.

I was a big fan of that one, even named my team after it :v:

The End Zone Is Lava!!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
is there a S4 thread?

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
No thread yet. I need a person or, preferably, two to step up and help GM this thing if it's going to happen this year. I can't access the forums from work and am going to have even less time than normal for this glorious mess of a league. I can make sure we get kicked off right and help with making sure everything is setup right but week to week I won't have much access or time. I don't want to start it if it won't get the GM attention it deserves. Sans that, I could always make everyone a GM and we could play this whole crazy thing on the honor system! :D

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Anubis posted:

No thread yet. I need a person or, preferably, two to step up and help GM this thing if it's going to happen this year. I can't access the forums from work and am going to have even less time than normal for this glorious mess of a league. I can make sure we get kicked off right and help with making sure everything is setup right but week to week I won't have much access or time. I don't want to start it if it won't get the GM attention it deserves. Sans that, I could always make everyone a GM and we could play this whole crazy thing on the honor system! :D

make us all GM's. Vote for Meteor 2016. Vote for Chaos.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
This is going to be the 4th year that I want to be in this league and won't be :( This is literally the only fantasy football league in the world I care about and I just got promoted in goontier after years of 7th place finishes

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Teemu Pokemon posted:

This is going to be the 4th year that I want to be in this league and won't be :( This is literally the only fantasy football league in the world I care about and I just got promoted in goontier after years of 7th place finishes

If you're just looking for a space, you can have mine. I always peter out towards the end, especially with the rules making, and I'd rather see someone super excited about it be in there. It's a lot of fun, but for whatever reason, it's just not for me.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dropped a league or two from my plate last year, joining the waiting list!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'd like to sign up for wait listing.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
poo poo do we have a S4 thread yet? We have to start drafting soon or we're hosed.

I'm terrible at threads but if I have to start it, I will. Then again it all really depends on Anubis since he's the GM right now.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'll volunteer as commish since no one else did. Let's get this Rollin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Alright, new thread coming soon.

Season 4 thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788919

Anubis fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 3, 2016

• Locked thread