Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

thread is about republic of gamers materiel and not asian girl

Ooh ah up the ROG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I said ooh ah up the ROG

Crosssssfireeeee with ATI

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
yesssssss

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:jackbud:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

90s kids know

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

look at mister optimist with his three digit display. you're never gonna see that one light up.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

it will if you set the jumpers for 199

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

pram posted:

thread is about republic of gamers materiel and not asian girl

figures the virgins here would derail a decent thread about hardware with their perverted BS

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

iirc this was actually useful since some software was programmed to run at a certain base clock speed. other software could run better as the clock speed went up. but i remember games that would just play at fast forward mode if you did turbo.

Sweevo posted:

it will if you set the jumpers for 199

i remember i asked my cousin about overclocking in like 2000 and he said it was all about setting jumpers. well i hosed with all the jumpers on the board and somehow didn't break anything, but never made anything faster. i think he gave me like really old information that didn't apply to modern stuff at that time.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

pram posted:

A Gamers Republic, if you can keep it. - Benjamin Franklin 1787

true story, about 12 years ago or so i went on a date with this young woman and she came back to my place with me and saw my :pcgaming:gaming desktop all blue leds of glory and poo poo:pcgaming: and she said "that computer must have been expensive i can tell"

lol

then i got cockblocked by my own lactose intolerance, loving owned

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
i live in the republic of gamers. its nice here but teh fan noise is a bit much

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
that reminds me i need to get a quieter cpu fan for this pos computer

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
this gamers republic is not a republic at all but rather a corporate brand

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

true story, about 12 years ago or so i went on a date with this young woman and she came back to my place with me and saw my :pcgaming:gaming desktop all blue leds of glory and poo poo:pcgaming: and she said "that computer must have been expensive i can tell"

lol

shoulda hooked up with the cake fart grrrl

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol

tell us about your uncle who works at nintendo next

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Constant Hamprince posted:

tell us about your uncle who works at nintendo next

my uncle worked for ibm lmao

me at the playground as a child: 'hey everyone want to hear about the new thinkpads coming out' *gets pushed over and everyone laughs*

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Kitt go into super pursuit mode

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Phoenixan posted:

funy computer
nnnhuehuehue

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The fans are blowing the white sheet backdrop around, that's gonna be so crazy loud ugg

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Die Computerspieler Republik

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

iirc this was actually useful since some software was programmed to run at a certain base clock speed. other software could run better as the clock speed went up. but i remember games that would just play at fast forward mode if you did turbo.

seems less useful when you fatfinger the button and accidentally reset your hard disk, op.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

my uncle worked for ibm lmao

me at the playground as a child: 'hey everyone want to hear about the new thinkpads coming out' *gets pushed over and everyone laughs*

lol what are you, 17?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

computer toucher posted:

lol what are you, 17?

coc is old, eats pizza pops,and makes a p deece 6.5 doggies in Canadian tire money

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Smythe posted:

coc is old, eats pizza pops,and makes a p deece 6.5 doggies in Canadian tire money

the way our dollar is going, cold on the cob would have to be making pretty big money to be able to buy that many American hot dogs with is yearly income

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
thinkpads have been around for a very long time. i got my first laptop (a pentium 2 iirc) when i was 19 years old, which was approx 16 years ago

Smythe posted:

u know it

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

maniacdevnull posted:

The fans are blowing the white sheet backdrop around, that's gonna be so crazy loud ugg
watched again just to pay attention to that

fuckin lol

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

the centrepiece of my single roomed living space.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol

this is the saddest story ive ever read

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
It'd be pretty bitchin if those exhaust fans were mechanized and retracted and expanded according to temperature. Then again there isn't a need for that poo poo if they didn't use AMD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

bobbilljim posted:

please tell me the things on teh side are subwoofer driven air cooling systems

compressing air cools it after all

• Locked thread