Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was Cracked ever funny?
Yes, Cracked was once a veritable goldmine of humor
No, Cracked was always poo poo
floor pizza
View Results

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
maybe cracked is to tumblr what SA is to reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Tezzor posted:

I find it annoying how every single article starts out with one title and then it's changed later op

It's like they attempt to be funny but then are told to make the title more serious.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Command Ant posted:

Cracked.com used to be passably funny, and then it turned into Baby Gawker.

pretty much

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just waiting for cracked to be sued for selling merchandise with the likeness of characters that are already copywritted else where.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I need to be told how funny this website was in 6 ways or more, i'm good with odd numbers like 27 I guess

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i like the boring, wheezy fifty-year old dad who pretends to be asian

oh wait thats the guy who runs it

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Fluo
May 25, 2007

America's Only Humor Site Since 1958

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
How fuking dare they

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I think that stupid X Reasons Diets Don't Work article set off a lot of the current fat acceptance poo poo.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

it was always bad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Command Ant posted:

Cracked.com used to be passably funny, and then it turned into Baby Gawker.

"passably funny" is overselling it but otherwise you're right

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

yo, fo real, it used to be funny and now it's not at all

the staff didn't even change

their methods did though. they just started publishing whatever gets the most clicks and apparently that's sjw poo poo and not goon poo poo

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

their podcast is kind of funny because they openly hate their audience and i think they've genuinely stopped trying to please anybody and just get that sweet ad revenue

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Sad thing is MAD still puts out a funny magazine with some of the old timers contributing still but I bet Cracked pulls in 10x the money.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

5 Reasons Giving Handjobs For A Living Is Less Demeaning Than You Think

We spoke with Mika...

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
5 Secret Feminist Easter Eggs You Didn't Notice in 'Portal'

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Clochette posted:

When did Cracked stop being funny? I had it bookmarked back when Seanbaby regularly contributed articles and while the other writers were hit-or-miss and most of the articles followed the "listicle" format, there was definitely some funny and original material to be found. Now it seems like any actual humor has been replaced with heavy-handed preachiness about the progressive issue du jour, or is about a subject that is inherently not funny. Check this out:

The 6 Most Horrifying Real Events Ever Reenacted For Movies

This article talks about the Titanic, the Holocaust, Courtney Cox's miscarriage, how the kid in the Bicycle Man episode of Diff'rent Strokes was raped IRL, and how Anita from West Side Story was also raped IRL twice. I get the feeling that the authors only bothered to make some weak gags because otherwise even Cracked wouldn't publish it. Other recent articles include:

• 6 Insane Realities Of Life In A Modern Dictatorship
  • 5 Maddening Things Poor People Can't Get Out From Under
  • 6 Sexual Identities Everyone Still Thinks It's OK To Mock
  • 5 Things You Learn As A Massage Parlor Prostitute

The last item on the massage parlor article was about how it destroyed the writer's self-esteem and that she lived in fear of her clients. Thanks Cracked, now I want to kill myself.

here is a pic of my dog refusing to eat pizza that is on the floor because that is gross and uncivilized

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
cracked used to be funny, yes.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

petition for clochette to tell us other gross things her husband does, so we can have a second jokes.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Putty posted:

here is a pic of my dog refusing to eat pizza that is on the floor because that is gross and uncivilized

Well to be honest I don't blame the dog, that pizza looks bad.

Now here's a pizza I would leave under my bed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

petition for clochette to tell us other gross things her husband does, so we can have a second jokes.

well they did cyberbully an actual retard and met and fell in love over an internet forum dedicating to making said literal child in a manlike body feel bad

• Locked thread