Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what it is nigga
yes
no
im gay
View Results

• Locked thread
Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I forgot. I have a bottle of 2000 Petrus. I will open it tomorrow and try ice with that too.

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TEAYCHES posted:

some boxed wine is pretty good

80% of wine tasting and that culture is bullshit. after a certain level of quality ppl cant tell the loving difference

I thought some troll proved his professors who were winos didn't know poo poo by putting cheap poo poo wine into good bottles and they took it hook line and sinker, even doing the BS wine tasting poo poo and talking about flavor notes and aroma and poo poo, turns out they talk out their rear end. Drink because wine because alcohol is great and it is in wine.

Don't act all uppity about your alcoholic grape juice, you don't really know poo poo about it same as the people who think their double IPA is different from another and it doesn't all taste like pine tree.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I thought some troll proved his professors who were winos didn't know poo poo by putting cheap poo poo wine into good bottles and they took it hook line and sinker, even doing the BS wine tasting poo poo and talking about flavor notes and aroma and poo poo, turns out they talk out their rear end. Drink because wine because alcohol is great and it is in wine.

Don't act all uppity about your alcoholic grape juice, you don't really know poo poo about it same as the people who think their double IPA is different from another and it doesn't all taste like pine tree.

Even Wine Spectator, arguably the most trusted wine guide, only uses what they call a "single blind" method in which the reviewer is told the vintage, region, and variety of grape. I doubt any reviewer could stand up to a true double blind tasting.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
i just buy those bigass jugs of carlo rossi and chug that poo poo all night

DarkFleetOne
Nov 11, 2012
If you want to be fancy, trashy Europeans mix their poo poo wine with coca cola.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

dad gay. so what posted:

you can drink wine with anything. painkillers, speed, ice, you name it

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
roman emperors drank wine with ice

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
how did romans get ice in summer? like, did they ship it in from a nearby mountain and how did they keep it from melting. HUH?!?!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Big blocks of ice melt really slowly. Before refrigeration ice would get shipped all over the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_trade

semon demon
Jul 31, 2006

Morning-after report: I farted and it smelled like fruit

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Big blocks of ice melt really slowly. Before refrigeration ice would get shipped all over the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_trade

Don't think any of this explains how the Romans got ice.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The exact same way. They'd cut big blocks of it and transport it.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

semon demon posted:

i poured it in my rear end in a top hat instead

I was gonna suggest this but it looks like you figured it out, op

so whytf did you make a lovely gibbis poast

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

literally teams of wagons hauling it from the alps to rome constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Only sangria or a tinto de verano. Otherwise you are trashy.

• Locked thread