Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

no one can stop him

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

My dad lives in a condo

their hoa meetings once had to be broken up by the police because a bunch of old people came to blows over regrouting the pool

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Three Olives posted:

Poor people just ruin everything, apartments, houses, condos. As long as you keep the riff-raff out condo living can be very nice, the only kind of things my neighbors "fight" about are like the temperature of the gym and if the pet ambassador is doing his job.

Luckily my town has a great law that makes it illegal for too many people to live in a single home, one of my neighbors ended up getting a massive fine for having 9 other people living with his family of four over the course of 2 years. Then he didn't get them out after 60 days and they doubled the fine, making him have to sell his house. I asked the city's tax adjuster if I could leave a tip for the zoning commission after that

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Booblord Zagats posted:

Luckily my town has a great law that makes it illegal for too many people to live in a single home, one of my neighbors ended up getting a massive fine for having 9 other people living with his family of four over the course of 2 years. Then he didn't get them out after 60 days and they doubled the fine, making him have to sell his house. I asked the city's tax adjuster if I could leave a tip for the zoning commission after that

If we just banned poor people living everywhere we could solve homelessness! Also probably avoid a lot of those smelly curry types too.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Baronjutter posted:

If we just banned poor people living everywhere we could solve homelessness! Also probably avoid a lot of those smelly curry types too.

We banned homeless people from my neighborhood, it made some whiny people angry and they sued us but we won because the court said they had other places where they could go be homeless.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Three Olives posted:

We banned homeless people from my neighborhood, it made some whiny people angry and they sued us but we won because the court said they had other places where they could go be homeless.

Outta' sight outta' mind! Problem solved. We should just ship them all to some island somewhere and forget about them.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I loving love three olives

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Baronjutter posted:

Outta' sight outta' mind! Problem solved. We should just ship them all to some island somewhere and forget about them.

Let them live in the forest if they can't be a part of civilized society.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Baronjutter posted:

This but non-ironically. They are building some affordable housing in my neighborhood though, you have to make less than $52k a year to live in it and people are really upset that they are letting poor people move in, it's kind of funny

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

Baronjutter posted:

~~this but for real~~~~~`

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Three Olives posted:

Poor people just ruin everything, apartments, houses, condos. As long as you keep the riff-raff out condo living can be very nice, the only kind of things my neighbors "fight" about are like the temperature of the gym and if the pet ambassador is doing his job.

What is a pet ambassador? I don't believe in living in any building I share with others so I have no idea what this person's role could be.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I too live in a condo and this is what the view looks like

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Three Olives posted:

if i lived in a nice condo i wouldn't want to look at homeless people from my balcony.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Baronjutter posted:

I wish we had the curry types. This town needs an Indian restaurant, but we have dozens of good Korean and Mexican places so I suppose we don't need one that bad

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Booblord Zagats posted:

I wish we had the curry types. This town needs an Indian restaurant, but we have dozens of good Korean and Mexican places so I suppose we don't need one that bad

You gotta balance the mix of ethnics. You only need so many to get the benefit of their food, which is really the only reason to have them around. Are there any laws or restrictions you could enact that although not blatantly racist would help your community maintain the right mix ? Too few ethnics and you don't get good restaurants, too many and good by property values and all that condo equity you've been building. It's really hard.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

The Taint Reaper posted:

I too live in a condo and this is what the view looks like

that's nice, sometimes i wish we lived near the sea but we have some beautiful lakes nearby and our view isn't bad either

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
bonus winter view

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bunch of goons living in lovely buildings itt lol

Three Olives posted:

As long as you keep the riff-raff out condo living can be very nice

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Booblord Zagats posted:

Uhhh you can buy curry and rice at the supermarket dummy. It's super easy to cook, just boil the meat in the sauce and serve it over the rice.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

notZaar posted:

Uhhh you can buy curry and rice at the supermarket dummy. It's super easy to cook, just boil the meat in the sauce and serve it over the rice.

lol cook your self like a poor? Order in, eat out, or enjoy your full-service condo's kitchen service. Also cooking makes smells, banned in my building.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Where in the world did you pick up the idiotic notion that only poor people cook for themselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

notZaar posted:

Where in the world did you pick up the idiotic notion that only poor people cook for themselves?

If anything, poors cook for themselves less. Foodservice marketing is all about tricking poor people into thinking they're middle class.

• Locked thread