Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

Thanks to Wheez I started somewhat following Wazzu a few seasons ago.

Cougs bitch.

You know what, this is a good idea. I'm gonna follow WSU this year and watch as many of their games as I'm able. Cougs bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cougs Bitch, except when they're playing Washington because somebody in this state has to make this dumb rivalry mean something again.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Texas A&M–Commerce - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtBXKQHcjw4 video game football in real life.

UT-Arlington - Going here to get my BA.. bring back our football you monsters!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

korrandark posted:

Georgia Southern is an FBS team now.

Look don't make me root for Montana or something

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
My wife is from Norman so Oklahoma has become a secondary rooting interest for me. Plus there's the Stoops connection now so that's kinda fun. I did freak her out a bit when I first told her UK hired coach Stoops, neglecting to use first names of course.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Due to family connections I also root for University of Michigan, Oregon State, and Navy. I'll also root for Oregon if OSU is hopeless/not playing even though they're approaching the "consistently good = evil" area because my siblings go there now.

I think that covers pretty much everyone major except the ACC (which I never really pay attention to) and I guess the Big 12, which I was kinda leaning Baylor or TCU. Also I find it funny when Boise State wins games since I was born in Boise and once got free tickets to the bowl game there (they were giving them away by the dozen).

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I've always followed the Southern University Jaguars mostly because they're the other local team beside LSU but also because I played football against their lab school & the players were cool. Also, their band is loving AMAZING.

I'll read up on the Southeastern Louisiana University Lions from time-to-time, but only because I got my undergrad there. Honestly, I'm still peeved that they revived the football program...after I graduated.

Non-con I'll watch Arizona State in football because Sun Devils is my fave team name & because they have awesome defenses occasionally. I'll watch Rice baseball when I can catch a game on TV because my uncle was a professor there & the best regional game I ever watched featured the Owls. I'll root for Michigan State because OSU & Michigan are spoiled & because Percy Snow was the best goddamned defensive player I ever watched at the college level.

I'll follow Washington State this year because, y'know, Wheeze.

gently caress Ole Miss. gently caress them forever!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm a big Big XII homer but the Pac-12 is my second favorite conference. I've got family ties to Oregon State so I'll generally cheer for them. And Washington State because Leech's offenses own. I don't really have a Big Ten team. Generally just whoever is playing Iowa that week. Don't have a favorite in the SEC either. In the ACC I'm all about Georgia Tech since their offense is unique and being an engineer I have a soft spot for engineering schools.

After ISU loses to an FCS team for the third year in a row I'm going to adopt a D2 or D3 conference and provide weekly updates.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 24, 2015

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I was gravitating toward UW for a bit, but it hasn't really stuck. It's hard to say with the PAC-12. Anyone but Utah.
A good friend of mine went to Louisville and I like watching them. They are definitely my favorite ACC team.
I sort of like West Virginia and Michigan State. The SEC is best watched without allegiances but gently caress Mississippi.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Lets see how many dumbass fans there are which betray everything they stand for in their Football Fandom (ideals which I hold dear).. yep... everyone rooting for Navy which is the Ohio State of the service academies, the worst school in existence. Dumbasses.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

anne frank fanfic posted:

Lets see how many dumbass fans there are which betray everything they stand for in their Football Fandom (ideals which I hold dear).. yep... everyone rooting for Navy which is the Ohio State of the service academies, the worst school in existence. Dumbasses.

Right now you're being the Ohio State of TFF posters... Is that what you want? :colbert:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Scarf posted:

Right now you're being the Ohio State of TFF posters... Is that what you want? :colbert:

Ohio State has actually won things though. :shrug:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

korrandark posted:

Ohio State has actually won things though. :shrug:

Don't Caaaaaaaaaaaaaare

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Thoguh posted:

Don't have a favorite in the SEC either.

Well, you're not supposed to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Kent State is my alma mater and by default my CFB team I have to cheer for above all.

Purdue is my family's team. My dad decided to raise me as a Purdue fan growing up, because I guess he wanted to make my fall weekends as lovely as possible. (Despite not growing up here? He made me follow the Browns for some loving reason)

Clemson is a team I love a lot. Been to a lot of games down there and had a blast seeing them play.

Love YUKLA out west. If I had the money and the ability? I'd have attended YUKLA.

Aggie...I actually do kind of like to a lesser extent than Clemson for that very reason.

I'm kind of a fairweather OSU fan but only because I live in the state and all.

• Locked thread