Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

used to be social protocol dictated you give "daps" to all your friends. give them a cool handshake and a fist pound, you know. but as i've gotten older i've started shaking hands because i'm meeting people who aren't stoned as poo poo and marginally employed. the other week, i tried to shake someone's hand while i was buying some weed, and he accused me of being a cop. found out two days ago that dude killed himself

anyone else noticed this???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Frog Act posted:

used to be social protocol dictated you give "daps" to all your friends. give them a cool handshake and a fist pound, you know. but as i've gotten older i've started shaking hands because i'm meeting people who aren't stoned as poo poo and marginally employed. the other week, i tried to shake someone's hand while i was buying some weed, and he accused me of being a cop. found out two days ago that dude killed himself

anyone else noticed this???

yeah i miss your uncle too

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
BUT MY AIM IS IMPROVING :newlol:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i no longer know whether to shake hands or give daps when i meet people. there's no one answer anymore.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*puts cigarette out on your face*

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

adults shake hands

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
any hand greeting other than the normal shake and the hi-five/on the flip side is gutter trash culture.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

if someone ever said daps in front of me I'd be sure to avoid them

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

kazr posted:

adults shake hands

it seems only certain types of adults shake hands. for instance, with many friends i've had since high school, i am expected to give them a complicated high five. but when i meet with my advisor, it is handshake time.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
dap sounds like an std

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Frog Act posted:

it seems only certain types of adults shake hands. for instance, with many friends i've had since high school, i am expected to give them a complicated high five. but when i meet with my advisor, it is handshake time.

sometimes black guys in business try to "keep it real" with complicated hand greetings, but i always force a normal handshake, grin slyly, and think to myself "you're in my world now, bitch"

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
This is the handshake that shows how chill you are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLM1zIvV-Ns

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
my friends and i bump crotches when we greet each other

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Im a dapper dan man

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

Romes128 posted:

my friends and i bump crotches when we greet each other

my friends and I stick a finger in each others asses than take a big whiff, it is the only true way to know a man

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Simstim posted:

my friends and I stick a finger in each others asses than take a big whiff, it is the only true way to know a man

every time tho?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

sometimes black guys in business try to "keep it real" with complicated hand greetings, but i always force a normal handshake, grin slyly, and think to myself "you're in my world now, bitch"

Lol classic Izzy

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

Romes128 posted:

every time tho?

yes, you don't want to be rude

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I still high five

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Frog Act posted:

how many of those people's ultimate goal in life is to be drunk or stoned at all times

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
just fyi dap is a prison thing that has a lot to do with not wanting to touch another person's hands due to issues with germs (or skin color lol). if you go to prison be sure to only give out daps people will think there is something wrong with you if you try and shake their hand. hope this advice helps you frog act

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
it will prob help because i just called the DEA on u

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

uuurgh gay!! :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

I don't usually put my caulk on my friends and associates.

• Locked thread