Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Edit: Wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Leximancer posted:

As FMV games go it was actually pretty good and I hope it gets a sequel. Speaking of which, is the second bonus video still forthcoming?

I'm still surprised how much I enjoyed the amazing writing and acting in this. It'd be a shame to not see a sequel.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
As someone who has worked for the Police in the UK this is probably the oddest portrayal of a Detective Inspector I have ever seen.

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

Oh God no the ball is gone.
Sucks I missed this thread while the LP was in progress but I love that someone did it so I can relive Jenks' amazing acting without having to actually go through and replay the game. I would buy every FMV game where that actor plays Jenks and does his thing.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
This was quite a ride.
I am personally really confused people didn't instantly connect the hand sign to music when interviewed. Only mention is Jenks' initial comment on it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Darkest Auer posted:

What a disappointment of an ending. Everything Jenks did was basically for nothing.

I did enjoy the ride though, even though the story got way out of hand at the end there.

For all that they talk about getting rid of guilt, those people are acting fairly guilty, aren't they?

What galls me, what really galls me, is that Jenks had all the clues in front of him in more or less the first hour. He knew about the fight at the pub, that it was over blackmail of someone who was sleeping with the pub owner's wife, who taped over the window with the same odd-looking tape found stuck to an oddly out-of-place personal article of the deceased. But he takes no notice of that, until someone tries to establish a desperate alibi.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Leximancer posted:

Speaking of which, is the second bonus video still forthcoming?

I am glad to report that after many hardware and software issues, I am actually working on the second bonus video again.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Bonus Episode 2 - THIS video took way too long to make and probably wasn't worth it for the value of the joke!

In any case, that'll do it for this LP. I do hope the game gets a sequel, as much as the mystery should have been solved halfway through the game. Thanks to everyone who chimed in here in the thread!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Glazius posted:

What galls me, what really galls me, is that Jenks had all the clues in front of him in more or less the first hour. He knew about the fight at the pub, that it was over blackmail of someone who was sleeping with the pub owner's wife, who taped over the window with the same odd-looking tape found stuck to an oddly out-of-place personal article of the deceased. But he takes no notice of that, until someone tries to establish a desperate alibi.
I thought the blackmail plot was rather obvious, but completely ignored the tape, as it was completely unremarked upon. I certainly did not connect it to the window, particularly since the game never allows you to re-inspect spots of interest for another closeup.

CirclMastr posted:

Bonus Episode 2 - THIS video took way too long to make and probably wasn't worth it for the value of the joke!

Would have been far better if it wasn't in chronological order, but sorted by object.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

In any case, that'll do it for this LP. I do hope the game gets a sequel, as much as the mystery should have been solved halfway through the game. Thanks to everyone who chimed in here in the thread!

That's great and really emphasizes the way Jenks thinks every time he presents something to anybody it's going to be the thing that cracks the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

CirclMastr posted:

There are so many Jenks .gifs I want out of that :allears:

• Locked thread