Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: ATTN WOLF-NUTS :siren:

if youre name searching on not your name

im having a weird heart palp thing, not like before but just fluttery if you know what i mean? should i go in or not? ive let it slide for hours but ive also had a lot of booze, speed, and painkillers since it started. fyi, had a tuna fish sandwich, home this helps.

keywords: sheep-goats, palps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
put your head between your legs and kiss your rear end goodbye- you aint gonna make it before wolf-nuts shows up

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

JiveHonky posted:

put your head between your legs and kiss your rear end goodbye- you aint gonna make it before wolf-nuts shows up

drat. :mad:

p.s. also chain-smoking

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

:siren: ATTN WOLF-NUTS :siren:

if youre name searching on not your name

im having a weird heart palp thing, not like before but just fluttery if you know what i mean? should i go in or not? ive let it slide for hours but ive also had a lot of booze, speed, and painkillers since it started. fyi, had a tuna fish sandwich, home this helps.

keywords: sheep-goats, palps

Count your pulse for a minute and post the number. For a minute means for sixty seconds using a watch.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

Count your pulse for a minute and post the number. For a minute means for sixty seconds using a watch.

normal pulse. i actually got a fitbit that keeps track. for me normal is 90 it says 98. its wierd, like an aftershock or something. no speedy rates at all since the blaze....

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

burritolingus posted:

Dad Gay makes provocative posts people respond to and promotes responses so they can fuel a dying thread on a neglected and abused forum. Dad Gay are good.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm glad of it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

normal pulse. i actually got a fitbit that keeps track. for me normal is 90 it says 98. its wierd, like an aftershock or something. no speedy rates at all since the blaze....

How long has this sensation been going on and is it constant or intermittent? Any other abnormal feelings like dizziness, faintness, shortness of breath, or tingling in fingers or toes?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
this thread is getting good, i wonder whats going to happen????

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

How long has this sensation been going on and is it constant or intermittent? Any other abnormal feelings like dizziness, faintness, shortness of breath, or tingling in fingers or toes?

kinda since lunch. nothing to scary im just extra aware of it now. like fluttering. on and off.... seems to have calmed now (just got up to get more smokes). no other feelings you described

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i did also takes some idomiethin or whatever you call it (anti-inflamitory) cause i felt a gout attack coming on this morning (real subtle side of the foot) also basic vicodin, some vyvance, and then just beer and vodka

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Beta blockers are really good for slowing heart rate down

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I had heart fluttering before- turns out it was from little mini Panic Attacks. the doc checked out my heart and said it was anxiety and nothing out of ordinary range of heart activity.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
they are scary though. hoep u feel better

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Beta blockers are really good for slowing heart rate down

yeah i was on those before i had my procedure, they are good at stopping 240bpm but they slowed me to 70 , wolf nuts had a really good analogy about grinding gears like going 55 in first gear and yeah that sucks. wolf-nuts is probably the smartest poster on these forums fyi

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

JiveHonky posted:

I had heart fluttering before- turns out it was from little mini Panic Attacks. the doc checked out my heart and said it was anxiety and nothing out of ordinary range of heart activity.

maybe thats all it is, i just wanted to check in with my doctor

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

TheReverend posted:

I actually filed to create a corporation this week.

*That moment from Pinocchio where he finally becomes a real boy.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
If you start a corporation and are the sole employee are you then technically two people?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

JiveHonky posted:

i sneeze in a comic display whenever ppl talk poo poo about of me either in passing or explicitly. my nose bleeds whenever someone calls my hq offering a contract for a review of weird japanese erotic games or various things sold in the skymall catalogue. you can just call me late for dinner because i'm already the square root of 69 (eight-something)

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
without corporations how will there be CEOs to fuel the cocaine industry

think of the poor coca farmers in bolivia you anti corporATE ASSHOLES

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Izumi Konata posted:

i sneeze in a comic display whenever ppl talk poo poo about of me either in passing or explicitly. my nose bleeds whenever someone calls my hq offering a contract for a review of weird japanese erotic games or various things sold in the skymall catalogue. you can just call me late for dinner because i'm already the square root of 69 (eight-something)

i hear ya pal, stay safe over there

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
thanks, wolf-nuts, feeling better now

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
true story: my impeccable writing won me a yellow corvette which i rode upon high like a hog with really low suspension but really big wheels to compensate. alas, my material was borrowed mainly from people realposting on a forum i opened using a server to host images. I AM A ROBOT OBLIVIOUS TO EMPATHY, GRANDMA, LET ME PUSH YOUR WALKER DOWN THESE STAIRS IN A HELPFUL GESTURE BEEP BOOP.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Izumi Konata posted:

true story: my impeccable writing won me a yellow corvette which i rode upon high like a hog with really low suspension but really big wheels to compensate. alas, my material was borrowed mainly from people realposting on a forum i opened using a server to host images. I AM A ROBOT OBLIVIOUS TO EMPATHY, GRANDMA, LET ME PUSH YOUR WALKER DOWN THESE STAIRS IN A HELPFUL GESTURE BEEP BOOP.

:siren: PAGING WOLF-NUTS :siren:

i think im hallucinating now :eyepop:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
This may just go away on its own and may just be a result of post interventional cardiac irritation though I don't know how often that is the case. The fluttering feeling is likely a small portion of your atrium doing the same bullshit your whole heart was doing before. Your pulse rate is determined by the buttom half of your heart but that part can beat normally while the top part (or part of the top part) fritzes out.

The ER will likely not do anything for you if you go in. They will monitor you for the correct number of hours (depends either on rules of thumb in doctor books or on some doctors opinion in there) and then tell you to see your heart doctor for a follow up. The main benefit to going in is that they could catch it when it happens and take an EKG of the abnormality which will help your heart doctor decide if part of your ablasion was ineffective or not, or if you need other meds. He will be able to make a guess about this anyway but the EKG improves his guess. The other benefit is if this goes south again like it did before you will already be in the hospital.

For legal reasons I never tell anyone not to go in for any reason. I would explicitly urge you to go in if a) any of the things I asked about in the previous post happen, b) your rate goes over 120 while you're at rest, c) the pre procedural feelings come back, d) the fluttering feeling becomes constant (lasts for more than ten minutes at a go is maybe where I'd draw the line*). Whether you go in or not call your heart doctor tomorrow and schedule a checkup unless he is sure it is not needed. If you call him tonight his office will probably tell you to go in. When you were posting before I felt you should certainly go in. Now I "only" feel you should probably go in and that 9 times out of ten you would wish you had stayed home whereas before 9/10 you would have wished you had gone in. That 1/10 today is nothing to laugh off though.

*Atrial fibrillation or flutter increases the possibility of a clot forming in that area because blood moves poorly in those conditions. This clot can then get ejected if the heart resumes normal beating and jams right into your lungs causing a pulmonary embolism which can be really difficult to treat and is certainly a life threat. Heart dysfunction is not the only issue with heart problems. My ten minute guesstimate is drawn from clot concerns.

Sorry to be imprecise. I'm trying to be honest and there's a lot more grey area here than before.

E: if you're actually hallucinating and not just making a joke about posts go in without question.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

This may just go away on its own and may just be a result of post interventional cardiac irritation though I don't know how often that is the case. The fluttering feeling is likely a small portion of your atrium doing the same bullshit your whole heart was doing before. Your pulse rate is determined by the buttom half of your heart but that part can beat normally while the top part (or part of the top part) fritzes out.

The ER will likely not do anything for you if you go in. They will monitor you for the correct number of hours (depends either on rules of thumb in doctor books or on some doctors opinion in there) and then tell you to see your heart doctor for a follow up. The main benefit to going in is that they could catch it when it happens and take an EKG of the abnormality which will help your heart doctor decide if part of your ablasion was ineffective or not, or if you need other meds. He will be able to make a guess about this anyway but the EKG improves his guess. The other benefit is if this goes south again like it did before you will already be in the hospital.

For legal reasons I never tell anyone not to go in for any reason. I would explicitly urge you to go in if a) any of the things I asked about in the previous post happen, b) your rate goes over 120 while you're at rest, c) the pre procedural feelings come back, d) the fluttering feeling becomes constant (lasts for more than ten minutes at a go is maybe where I'd draw the line*). Whether you go in or not call your heart doctor tomorrow and schedule a checkup unless he is sure it is not needed. If you call him tonight his office will probably tell you to go in. When you were posting before I felt you should certainly go in. Now I "only" feel you should probably go in and that 9 times out of ten you would wish you had stayed home whereas before 9/10 you would have wished you had gone in. That 1/10 today is nothing to laugh off though.

*Atrial fibrillation or flutter increases the possibility of a clot forming in that area because blood moves poorly in those conditions. This clot can then get ejected if the heart resumes normal beating and jams right into your lungs causing a pulmonary embolism which can be really difficult to treat and is certainly a life threat. Heart dysfunction is not the only issue with heart problems. My ten minute guesstimate is drawn from clot concerns.

Sorry to be imprecise. I'm trying to be honest and there's a lot more grey area here than before.

E: if you're actually hallucinating and not just making a joke about posts go in without question.

:siren: gently caress YES!!! : siren:

thanks, dude . dont want to pimp you out too much, but for any of you millennial goons who cant figure out a health problem this guy is smart and saved my life at least once. just page "wolf-nuts" he doesnt have to respond, but if he does he thinks it out and is real smart.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

dad gay. so what posted:

i did also takes some idomiethin or whatever you call it (anti-inflamitory) cause i felt a gout attack coming on this morning (real subtle side of the foot) also basic vicodin, some vyvance, and then just beer and vodka

Indomethacin + hypertension ...hmm let me check the.. yep. Says "inadvisable"

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey wolf-nuts im having my "zero-post" tomorrow (-11000, "up" to zero) if you wanna hang out it should be pretty cool. ive got a big surprise.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this is my "-2" so i better go get things organized, thanks again everyone!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Dave_Indeed posted:

My house is surrounded by GMO corn. Those fuckers are goddamn huge. Sometimes cyclists/prius drivers attempt to save the world by leaving passive aggressive signs on his property.

Story over.

AFAIK there are no transgenic traits currently on the market that result in increased size. That's all done with traditional breeding. So your neighbor corn would be the same size either way.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Sheep-Goats posted:

off-topic.

corporations are heartless. coolness does not necessitate such prerequisite periphery.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Agreed.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
jimminy crickets, this is a poo poo thread

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

hey wolf-nuts im having my "zero-post" tomorrow (-11000, "up" to zero) if you wanna hang out it should be pretty cool. ive got a big surprise.

gl with zero post, FYAD liked my China stories once upon a time but now those go in the China thread.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Lol at the capitalist dick suckers who think that corporations are necessary for our society to have jobs or products. Business can exist without being a corporation. It's just another way for the powerful to shield themselves and consolidate power.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

Lol at the capitalist dick suckers who think that corporations are necessary for our society to have jobs or products. Business can exist without being a corporation. It's just another way for the powerful to shield themselves and consolidate power.

Cool got any other hot tips that your professors told u?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

notZaar posted:

Cool got any other hot tips that your professors told u?

I actually had a professor outright admit to being a leftist commie just last week. Then again, I'm in the equivalent of a community college right now, so being a commie is a given, but admitting it is a big no-no. Then again, the fact that a person can admit it means that the left has won this fight.

Anyway, corporations are actually cool. We should treat them like people. Especially in regards to taxation, it is utterly unfair that individuals are taxed on income while corporations are taxed on profit, to be considered people we should tax them on net revenue...just to be fair! Corporations are people too! Most of them have a revenue in the tens or hundreds of millions, or billions, what's the bracket on that?

Nah seriously corporations are good. To build a big thing nowadays costs so much money, you need to float a thing publicly, or something. And of course the people who help you out by risking their money deserve their fair share of the result. Too bad they're all already rich...except in Norway.

• Locked thread