Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not one to get mad at internet forum games but that was seriously loving stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

drat Jake that was some good play.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So on the whole, I'm not sure how balanced this game was. I took the Dota method of balancing in that if everything is overpowered, nothing is, so both the scum team and town were very, very strong in ways that now I think people may think was unfair no matter what team they were on.

The scum team worked on a series of 1-shot items that any of them could use each night, but they only flipped as survivor. This was my motivation for making this game as I thought it'd be an interesting mechanic, but it made the scum team very strong as town could basically never really predict what would happen at night. To counteract that I gave town a whole bunch of very strong roles including multiple vigges, redirector, two trackers, two ways to roleblock, etc. I think it did balance out, but maybe it was too much in total and I should have scaled it back.

Both teams had strong players and really terrible players, so I'm not sure how good a game this was outside of that. Jake winning solo from 1v8 is impressive, but modkilling 2 people and having others lynched because they were completely disengaged was very frustrating.

Overall I liked the concept, but I'm not sure if I'd call it a successful game. I suggest taking a look at the game flow page in the moddoc and the items page in the scumdoc to see some really funny things that happened or almost happened including Jake almost killing himself N1 but luckily getting roleblocked.

Moddoc

Scumdoc

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
pretend this post is me unloading machine guns into the air, changing clips and then repeating while making a guttaral scream

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The only thing I did was thunderdome a scum then get turbo'd.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

We had such a good plan guys but imgay and merk ruined it. Read the scumdoc, day 2 I believe.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Reading that 2-dead-scum flip was hilariously satisfying.

Great play Jake. You blended in so well!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

I'm not one to get mad at internet forum games but that was seriously loving stupid

Yeah I should explain this. Imgay did redirect Jake to Jake, but Jake's action was turning himself into a PGO, which as a reflexive action doesn't get redirected itself, which is how imgay died.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I thought Kumba meant his execution.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't mean the action sequence was stupid

I meant the fact that I didn't even get to post on the last day because you idiots turbo'd me in MYLO

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I need to get my case building skills up

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

I didn't mean the action sequence was stupid

I meant the fact that I didn't even get to post on the last day because you idiots turbo'd me in MYLO

Oh yes, that was dumb.

Never turbo in MYLO/LYLO guys. It is bad like 99% of the time.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
This is merk's payback for that one time I hammered him instead of stoutfish in LYLO and lost the game for the town

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Also, surprise, apathetic CPig was town who woulda thought

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Eh whatever.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I just shouldn't play role madness games. There was maybe a half page of content total.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I just shouldn't play role madness games. There was maybe a half page of content total.

I wonder how much of that is role madness, and how much is just the state of mafia we've been complaining about in the discussion thread for a while.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Anyway I didn't mean to be such a downer, the setup was fine and the game was fun regardless! Thanks Asiina :)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Honestly this game taught me I really shouldn't join 5 games at the same time.

I have a hard enough time focusing as is.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

yay Jake!

I'm really sad we didn't get to do our plan where I scum claimed in the thread and then still lived for 3 days. That woulda been the best. :)

As I said in the scum doc, I think it was fine Asiina. Both sides were ridiculously powerful, it was the choices each side made that really guided what happened.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I was involved in 4 games when this started, and some of them (still going) haven't broken 20 pages. It's not role madness, it's lurking.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nice work Jake! You deserved it!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Jake did really well.

Also I think nobody reads the flavour, since I hide a lot of clues in there and I don't think anyone noticed. The flavour basically always explained what happened at night and why someone died, to give a hint as to the item system. It also gave away the number of scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Yeah, Jake did really well.

Also I think nobody reads the flavour, since I hide a lot of clues in there and I don't think anyone noticed. The flavour basically always explained what happened at night and why someone died, to give a hint as to the item system. It also gave away the number of scum.

I noticed the number of scum thing...after I died :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also sorry for my bad ghost post, I thought that :argh: wouldn't count as content but Kumba was right in that it basically confirmed merk.

• Locked thread