Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Mine will be a pretty fat dude who does all the sequencing and patching and the vocals. he'll be a misanthrope and only get one song done every 2-4 four months because he has a real job and is, in addition, pretty much totally lazy and unmotivated and often drunk. the music will basically be masturbation for synth nerds and alternate tuning nerds. no one will listen to it or like it.
see, the angle I'm playing is that the line between virtual band and actual band will be totally blurred. like, if the avante garde hipness of the virtual band concept was to distance art from artist, or to reveal in anonymity, the meaning or message behind my virtual band thing is that the shittyness of a person can never be transcended or obfuscated, that the filter of contrivance and make believe only focus the shittyness of the artist into a laser like projection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sound of a man struggling to poop

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
If you want me to be serious my ideal band will be a melodic dark metal fusing with chillstep and trance with a full orchestral backing. Or maybe that's all my genres smushed together?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

IronClaymore posted:

If you want me to be serious my ideal band will be a melodic dark metal fusing with chillstep and trance with a full orchestral backing. Or maybe that's all my genres smushed together?

yeah, but what are the members of it going to be portrayed as? squirrels, japanese school girls, christian produce? this is the important question for the virtual band

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Sizone posted:

yeah, but what are the members of it going to be portrayed as? squirrels, japanese school girls, christian produce? this is the important question for the virtual band

Just...regular guys and girls? I dunno. Well, punky guys and girls. Tats, piercings, spiky hair, spiky clothes. But interspersed with some regular professional musical dudes with none of that, and dressed in pure black.

Is that not enough? A metal band with orchestral backing with metalheads and punks everywhere?

[Edit:] And getting "professional" musicians to mix with dark counterculture punk metal people has got to be an ultimate strategic musical victory.

IronClaymore fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 21, 2015

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
yeah, I'm not sure you're getting the virtual band part. it's like the gorillas right, where everyone is portrayed as a cartoon character, or milli vanilli where they are portrayed as nonthreatening black people. point being that you don't see the musisicians, you see some stand in or avatar for them. that's why it's a virtual band rather than a band. I guess that extends to the music too, like it could just be one guy with a sampler, but he could pretend that the sampled guitar lines were being played by a guitar player, maybe a guitar player with a cat head

e: i dunno, maybe your punk/orchestra dude thing could work, but you'd have to have the punks playing the part of the classically trained suit and tie people and the suit and tie people playing the roles of the punks

Sizone fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 21, 2015

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCYbRmSlW-M&t=48s

A bunch of dead dudes

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I don't care what they look like just as long as they play Hirdy Girdy Man in an unending loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

• Locked thread