Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 38%
The A-Team - 47%
Thursday - 33%
Swordfish - 26%
A Good Day to DIe Hard - 14% (Too loving high)
Sabotage - 19%
Hitman - 14%
Hitman: Agent 47 - 8%

Seriously why do loving directors get all the flak for poo poo, but screen writers this incompetent can keep making GBS threads all over the place and using scripts for toilet paper and keep getting work?

Also who the gently caress would hire a guy named Skip Woods? Is he even real? Is he the new Alan Smithee, or what? He's not even hit or miss. He's all miss.

Hollywood always defends their stupid poo poo going "We look at the numbers, we're a business, we gotta make money so we do everything we can to make money." What part of that includes hiring brain damaged hacks to tank their franchises faster than an iceberg against the Titanic, then piss on their grave?

I just don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I'd hire someone named Skip Woods. That's a hilarious name.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I would give Hitman atleast a 25

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It's the same reason Damon Lindelof still gets work. It's about who you know.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

was going to say who but apparently a bad actor so the answer is idiots like poo poo movies hth

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Daedra posted:

I would give Hitman atleast a 25

I like how they hosed it up so bad the first time, they hired the same writer the 2nd time. That bit of what the gently caress gold is what made me post this. When he nearly murdered the Fox X-Men franchise, they replaced him promptly, at least.

The only movie he ever made that was watchable was Swordfish, and only because it's so loving stupid that it's kind of mesmerizing, it's a good Travolta double feature with Battlefield Earth

Blue Train posted:

was going to say who but apparently a bad actor so the answer is idiots like poo poo movies hth

Screen writer.

Actors rarely can tank a movie solo, that requires a lot. This dude just writes awful movies that don't make even a tiny bit of sense.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

The only movie he ever made that was watchable was Swordfish, and only because it had halle berrys tits

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Its almost as if success in life has nothing to do with talent, skill, or abilities.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

You raise a good point Blue Train.

If I recall that was literally 99.99% of the marketing. I remember every single time the movie got brought up they immediately jumped to "HALLE BERRY GETS NAKED!"

I'm not talking people on the street, I'm talking the people doing the marketing. That was all they had. That and a flying bus.

satanic splash-back posted:

Its almost as if success in life has nothing to do with talent, skill, or abilities.

I agree but I am kind of astounded that you can fail so badly that you never even once get a movie that's not rotten on Rottentomatoes and usually fall under 20% and keep getting work, maybe it's some Hollywood insurance racket. People like M. Night at least had a couple decent movies before they went to hell, and name recognition.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I enjoyed the a team movie. Much better than I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

I agree but I am kind of astounded that you can fail so badly that you never even once get a movie that's not rotten on Rottentomatoes and usually fall under 20% and keep getting work, maybe it's some Hollywood insurance racket. People like M. Night at least had a couple decent movies before they went to hell, and name recognition.

How can you be astounded? America and the people who run it basically invented failing upwards.

• Locked thread