Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Tenacious J posted:

Is anything like that in the Torah?

pretty much par for the course ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
the world will end in fire and I am glad of it

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

look at that perfectly sane looking person on that stage, the world really is a kooky place!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

H.H posted:

op, i'm a jew, so trust me when i say: don't become jewish. it's too hard and not rewarding enough.

lol, judaism in a nutshell

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tenacious J posted:

I didn't mention this but for the last two month the number 23 has been everywhere I look and in things I do. It's spooky.

Also, last night I had a dream about these fast-growing but still small tentacled blob-like creatures being birthed out of the ocean in the millions. They would grow and devour us. Is anything like that in the Torah?

If you are looking for a modality of commonly used numbers you will find 23 is very common statistically because of the variations of calendar systems and timekeeping from the decimal system. It's very easy to spot a more frequent use of the number 23 both in modality and mean average of published numbers. 60 minutes in an hour, 30ish days in a month, means 23 is used more than if timekeeping was on a metric system. Otherwise the mean would be 50, and the statistical modality of 23 wouldn't seem like a huge conspiracy.

If you instructed a computer to create a somewhat accurate calendar system in discrete numeration systems where both the mean and mode have maximum correlation in terms of average use for each new number over time, it would spit out something like our calendar system, so that a mean and modality of around 22 (since calendar dates don't start on 0), divide that by 7 days a week and you have approximately pi, so that a computer calculating in base 10 can do calculations of very accurate units of time with very little heat expense, and discrete units of time can maintain a cryptographic veil of celestial time so the average person can't measure more accurate units of time than the computer.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 22, 2015

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
But seriously, why do they have that statue of Shivva or however you spell it?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Abaddon ship!

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

lots of things happen at the same time, and nothing terrible occurs

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Prorat posted:

I figured because Shiva represents creation through destruction, and at CERN they annihilate poo poo to advance physics.

Still though, that would be a somewhat thin explaination you could imagine coming from a shadow group trying to open a demonic portal.

Also, that mathematical explaination of 23 is shocking to me. I also didn't mention it but this whole 23 thing has come and gone for me since childhood. I always thought at age 23 I'd become super-powerful, but in fact I just had a panic attack and also my girlfriend dumped me.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Prorat posted:

India donated it to them and it is one of the most recognizable icons of Indian culture hth

e:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you were running a cryptographic cypher that you wanted to last for 10s of thousands of years you would want the smallest amount of energy use possible, because cryptography comes at an energy cost. Without an external power source, a compiled kernel will erode over time. It's likely the ancient roman kernel lost stability in 2012. Lol if cern thinks they are going to recompile that poo poo and jump-start the cypher again. They're just too late, and it's doubtful anyone has the full information set from the original kernel.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tenacious J posted:

I figured because Shiva represents creation through destruction, and at CERN they annihilate poo poo to advance physics.

Still though, that would be a somewhat thin explaination you could imagine coming from a shadow group trying to open a demonic portal.

Also, that mathematical explaination of 23 is shocking to me. I also didn't mention it but this whole 23 thing has come and gone for me since childhood. I always thought at age 23 I'd become super-powerful, but in fact I just had a panic attack and also my girlfriend dumped me.

there's literally a movie about the phenomenon

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Number_23

e: maybe "about" is too strong a term but still

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

now i am become death, destroyer of worlds - vishnu/oppenheimer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tenacious J posted:

the flames surrounding him destroy ignorance, fitting for CERN

https://books.google.com/books?id=t...wIVzzweCh3gZgPj

• Locked thread