Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Saint Celestine posted:

160,000 regiments? That seems like a wildly off number, considering the Sabbat worlds crusade only used some like ~100 guard regiments.

A Guard Regiment is only like 3000-5000 people, since it's what'll fit in one transport hold, isn't it? How the hell do you do a multi-world crusade with 500,000 troops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
GW writers have no sense of scale. It is a common problem.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

My understanding is that upon their Founding, a guard regiment might only have 200-500, but along with subsequent Foundings that number tends to swell. This is one of the few cases where I think Chapter Master seems normal.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

goatface posted:

<1000 in a regiment does not seem IG style. I'd be expecting them to be more like division, if not corps size.

Thi is pretty accurate, Imperial Guard as a whole have a theme of quantity is a quality all of it's own even if that quality is having more men than the enemy has bullets. In fact the table-top has rules for stuff like this where even in normal games Gaurd can have 1000 plus units count as only a single troop choice, for reference you get at most 6 troop choices in normal games.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

its however big it to be, dont put more thought into this than GW's writers do.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Oh, should point out that Duke was on /tg/ recently to say another patch was coming to fix some crashes.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Even though it's now INTERSTELLAR ARMY SIMULATOR 2015, will our army still be dudes whose twisted twin obsessions are genocide and crop yields?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Night10194 posted:

Even though it's now INTERSTELLAR ARMY SIMULATOR 2015, will our army still be dudes whose twisted twin obsessions are genocide and crop yields?

Of Course. But the chapter master mod is already out in record time by some anon who painstakingly tracked down every art resource used by Duke. Who promises to keep it updated with every release.

What a hero.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Onmi posted:

Of Course. But the chapter master mod is already out in record time by some anon who painstakingly tracked down every art resource used by Duke. Who promises to keep it updated with every release.

What a hero.

Was this anon a Count perhaps?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Was this anon a Count perhaps?

Who knows, he could have been a Lord.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Night10194 posted:

For now, yes. One of the things that I dislike about Chapter Master Interstellar Army Simulator 2015 is that the early game is quite slow. I've got some ideas for crazy things the Farmers can get up to as they get rolling. Oh, and don't forget that when they get pissed off they have a tendency to eat their enemies/their friends. I won't bother with the update I was going to do with the current version since I'm not sure if the patch will be compatible with the save, but I liked this bit.

Bonus Chapter: Cyclonic.

: Boss, these are the men who died on Zorastra. We'll plant them on the earth of Triticum III.

McCoy receives the urn, containing the ashes of the martyred Mangler of Third Company, prepared for fertilization rituals. A side effect of the Farmers' geneseed means their very essence is embued with the nutrients required to give life to their crops. He scatters it upon his face.

: Boss?

: I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless soil. I will always be with you, plant your roots in me. I won't let you end as ashes. To me, you are all farmers...We are Fightin' Farmers.

: Then, what are we to do with them?

: We'll make corn from their ashes. Carry them into battle. So they shall always be with us.

: A nutritious emergency ration to our brothers in arms, even in death.

: We are Fightin' Farmers.

GUEST STARRING: WALKERS MCCOY, THIRD COMPANY FARM MANAGER, SKULL FACED GENESTEALER
DIRECTED & WRITTEN BY HIDEO KOJIMA

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006
Awesome LP, made me decide to try it out but on the chapter design screen I can't see my livery, just a big green block. I tried a google but nothing came up, anyone know what's going on there?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

http://pastebin.com/qT9rpU1b

So, Chapter Master is now Open Source

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's got some good code in it.

code:
var leftest,charge,enemy2,chapter_fuck;
charge=0;enemy2=0;chapter_fuck=1;
code:
                if (enemy.veh+enemy.dreads>0){
                    // good=scr_target(enemy,"veh");// First target has vehicles, blow it to hell
                    scr_shoot(i,enemy,1,"arp","melee");
                }
                if (good=0) then ap=0;// gently caress it, shoot at infantry

goatface fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
That is some of the finest code notes I have seen.

• Locked thread