Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Sorry for the radio silence, some IRL things came up, and I lost a bit of the mental momentum I had with this CYOA. It's not forgotten, I promise.

Also, I decided to enter it into a month-long contest with Inkshares (which you may remember from me peddling my successfully funded fantasy YA novel last year). I'm not crazy enough to try to totally crowdfund Mutants: Uprising, HOWEVER I'm just crazy enough to do it for just one month. >>> Click here <<< After June 25th, if I haven't held onto 2nd place (top three get published) then all the preorders would be refunded.

I am in 2nd place right now! Contest is sponsored by Nerdist.

quote:

Mutants: Uprising is a second person POV novel about humans with super-human abilities trying to overcome the shadowy organizations that want to control them. The story centers on Jane "Zombie" Meyers, a relatively new leader of an underground cell of the League of Mutants, a terrorist organization, who is trying to make a name for herself while rising above her enforcer roots. Along the way she uncovers a plot against the pregnant founder of a second-chance shelter for homeless mutant teens, and has to work hard to save her from harm, figure out what the ulterior motives of her enemies are, all while earning the other woman's trust. Oh, and there are horrors from other dimensions trying to break into ours, and state governments who want to register all mutated humans "for the greater good." All in a day's work.

See Jane. See Jane Save the Day.

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

You're never fully dressed without a smile...
Already backed yesterday :hfive:

But I'm wondering, are you making a book based on this CYOA? Or is the story already finished in your head, ie it is based on the same premise but might diverge significantly from the story itt. Either way is cool, I'm just curious.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

theroachman posted:

Already backed yesterday :hfive:

But I'm wondering, are you making a book based on this CYOA? Or is the story already finished in your head, ie it is based on the same premise but might diverge significantly from the story itt. Either way is cool, I'm just curious.
:cthulhu::hf::cool:

It's based on the CYOA but I anticipate having to edit some things to make it have more of a story arc, if that makes sense? The CYOA keeps escalating and I need to find an endpoint for the book, which might be midway, or it might involve pulling a future event in and putting off things we've already gone through in the CYOA until later. Also I have to pare down the exposition from answering reader questions and re-insert it in a more natural way.

....if anyone has a good idea on where a story break might work, let me know. ;)

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

What about right when Jane got dumped and left for dead?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Toughy posted:

What about right when Jane got dumped and left for dead?

Sort of an Empire Strikes Back ending? It is a pivot point for the story, that's for sure. Could end with her waking up in the dump, or make that an epilogue...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

hollylolly posted:

Sort of an Empire Strikes Back ending? It is a pivot point for the story, that's for sure. Could end with her waking up in the dump, or make that an epilogue...

Ya definitely allude her either not being dead or switch point of view showing the rest of the team making plans leaving the hideout which was off screen setting up for more story to come.

• Locked thread