Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Bought Planetary Annihilation: Titans over the weekend against my better judgment because PA sucked donkey dicks (and not in a good way).
PA:T introduces a new way to blow up planets: a drill that drills down to the core of a planet and launches a nuke into the core so it explodes.
After doing that for two hours I was pretty much burnt out on the game, but I'm interested in hearing your experiences.

I think when I get home I might fire it up and see if I can put Delta-V engines on a planet and launch it at another planet, but blow it up with the Ragnarok just before it hits.

Anyone buying this game hoping for a spiritual successor to the Krogoth will have to keep waiting (Krogoth: the first and best titan unit in a Chris Taylor franchise).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
ruh roh, i bought PA awhile ago on a sale and haven't played it yet

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

coo l

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Applewhite posted:

Bought Planetary Annihilation: Titans over the weekend against my better judgment because PA sucked donkey dicks (and not in a good way).
PA:T introduces a new way to blow up planets: a drill that drills down to the core of a planet and launches a nuke into the core so it explodes.
After doing that for two hours I was pretty much burnt out on the game, but I'm interested in hearing your experiences.

I think when I get home I might fire it up and see if I can put Delta-V engines on a planet and launch it at another planet, but blow it up with the Ragnarok just before it hits.

Anyone buying this game hoping for a spiritual successor to the Krogoth will have to keep waiting (Krogoth: the first and best titan unit in a Chris Taylor franchise).

Heavens to Betsy.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I played a game with a little dude in a black suit that jumped over things to the rhythm of music and then I beat it and stopped playing it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

I played a game with a little dude in a black suit that jumped over things to the rhythm of music and then I beat it and stopped playing it.

That game sucked and also hurt my eyes to look at.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i bought hacknet last week and its real fun even though it was born of reddit

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
You should try playing in mumble with goons.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

KlavoHunter posted:

You should try playing in mumble with goons.

Sounds like a blast. What is mumble?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
PA is retrograde trash.

e: I did not buy Titans because I'm not a mug

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
welp better set yourself on fire, gl ill be prayimg for you

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

jBrereton posted:

PA is retrograde trash.

e: I did not buy Titans because I'm not a mug

PA would have been a decent casual RTS if it were played on a flat map and featured a bunch of cool superweapons in lieu of the planet destruction gimmick.

Basically what I want is an HD remake of TA that trims the fat and adds some cool new units.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
That will probably never come, Applewhite, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

jBrereton posted:

That will probably never come, Applewhite, sorry.

That's what she said.

• Locked thread