Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
shockingly good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i agree

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
well maybe not shockingly i think andy samberg is p funny generally

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, Andre Braugher and Terry Crews own in every single scene they're in and the rest of the cast is pretty good. It's a lot of fun imo

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
whats your favourite ep (episode) op

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
andy samberg bad no funny
chelsea perreti terry crews good v. funny
everyone else meh
network comedy yawn

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

XMNN posted:

whats your favourite ep (episode) op

That's a tough one

The hula hoop cold open was really good and boyles story about making out with Annie while he was playing daddy Warbucks made me lol really hard.

fake edit : probably Halloween 2 but only because of the build up from Halloween 1.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The captain being a Soylent man is good

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
For as good as the cast and pedigree are, it's not very funny. It kind of always feels like someone wearing a Parks and Rec skin suit.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

The captain being a Soylent man is good

I like the Die Hard knock off episode where Ruxin from the league shows up playing a fed,

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ive only seen like 8 episodes but ya its good

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
its ok

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Frackie Robinson posted:

For as good as the cast and pedigree are, it's not very funny. It kind of always feels like someone wearing a Parks and Rec skin suit.

Well spotted. It's from a former Parks and Rec dude, co-created by the Parks and Rec creator.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's 30 Rock funny instead of arrested development funny

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

It's 30 Rock funny instead of arrested development funny

thats a good way of putting it its much more surface jokes

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I watched way too much workaholics after the first episode made me laugh. Idk what went wrong but it just vaguely sucked after that.

Like i wanted to like it but just didn't

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I support this show. It's not the funniest thing but it's a solid show to :filez: each week while it runs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's a network comedy and didn't require you to watch 20 previous episodes to understand a gag so it's trash

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
i thought humanizing office workers and government employees was bad enough but now the same people are at it again to convince white idiots the biggest gang in the united states is both fun and still on their side

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm surprised it took Andy samberg so loving long to leverage a tv show

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
what is it? a play? :confused: i like keanu reeves becase of his "neo" character. also i heard katnees everdeen is in a movie, is this that? or th play. :confused:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, Andre Braugher and Terry Crews own in every single scene they're in and the rest of the cast is pretty good. It's a lot of fun imo

they are good but i sort of hate the annoyign jew they have as the star so i dont really watch it

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Enderzero posted:

Well spotted. It's from a former Parks and Rec dude, co-created by the Parks and Rec creator.

I knew that already, so it's possible that knowledge affects how I watch it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm 3 (I guess technically 4) eps deep into last man on earth

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
All the parts where guns are drawn are terrible, but it has moments like the fridge full of 40s or single ladies dance and lawyer stand up.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yeah it is

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Hobohemian posted:

All the parts where guns are drawn are terrible, but it has moments like the fridge full of 40s or single ladies dance and lawyer stand up.

Yah the single ladies dance bit was very funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LLmF0Vgmrw

edit; hmm actually it's funnier in the episode because you dont see it coming

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
It's ok I watched a bunched of episodes on a plane. It felt pretty much like cop-scrubs, and the main guy its pretty much like doctor JD and the surly boss-cop is Cox.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

dad gay. so what posted:

what is it? a play? :confused: i like keanu reeves becase of his "neo" character. also i heard katnees everdeen is in a movie, is this that? or th play. :confused:

keanu reeves is NOT in this just fyi

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
it is a good show.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
it's pretty inoffensively bland and not worth having a thread over

let's talk about boats

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
No one answered my question about how much house boats suck in the submarine thread so I'll ask it again:____

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

henpod posted:

It's ok I watched a bunched of episodes on a plane. It felt pretty much like cop-scrubs, and the main guy its pretty much like doctor JD and the surly boss-cop is Cox.

P. much, but it is nice to have a show made of mostly minorities that doesn't make a big deal about being mostly minorities.

• Locked thread