Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:gas: thread, ban OP or at least teach him how to troll better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

circ dick soleil posted:

What I'm saying NedFlanders is that if you really want to sabotage your child's social life, there are easier ways of doing it.

I would say you could get him a budget circumcision, but I hear they're mostly ripoffs.

lol i don't put a lot of emphasis on my kids being popular little shitheads, i'd rather them be good, driven, morally grounded, and eager to conquer the darkness of our hosed up wasteland of poo poo culture with brightness of their inner light

also lol again

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

ColoradoCleric posted:

On one hand I'm going to get a substantial trust fund when I get older

On the other hand I got schizophrenia when I was 23

so you'll have to split the fund seven ways, then?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

a bay posted:

If and when I decide to have children, I will be responsible for making enough money to support their needs, instead of pretending that hardship builds character and is actually better than being an adequate provider because I would rather whine about capitalism on the internet all day than work

it doesn't take a lot of money to cover one's needs, and hardship does build character lmao if you've lived such a cushy life that you don't know this from experience like literally everyone else who's ever lived in human history

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

nuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuh BATMAN

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

turbomoose posted:

Just pretend your back hurts and go on disability. you get like $19k/year for life and never have to work again

You can get a similar deal if you say youre depressed, and if you really dont want to work you can probably pull it off. Its more ethical than having a trust fund, which is something from feudalism

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

a bay posted:

Sorry I dont have any snarky webcomics to use in place of an actual opinion, but heres a kind of script I came up with for one:

(scene: a CAPITALIST and a COMMUNIST are having brunch together)

CAPITALIST: I'm a rapist and I have an IQ of 80 (takes upside down fedora off and puts it on again but backwards)

COMMUNIST: Thats fine - thanks to the inherently unjust nature of the capitalist system we live in, that actually means you will enjoy a life of privilege far better than the hard-working, moral, and intelligent people who live on welfare!

it's not being a retarted rapist that makes one successful in capitalism, it's owning capital within capitalism which enables retarded rapists to accumulate wealth stolen from the labor of people who work harder

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

capitalism allows people to be born into privilege and literally never do a single bit of actual labor, using their inherited wealth accumulate more wealth off of the labor of other people

sweetest thing since slavery

The Bible
May 8, 2010

My parents did absolutely nothing to help me prepare for my future, but it's ok, because I'm able to take care of myself just fine.

If you need someone to subsidize your life for you, that's fine. Some people can't make it on their own and need that extra help, and there should be no shame in it.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I have a good time at not being jealous of the things other people have

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

a bay posted:

If you cant see the difference between parents giving money they earned to their own kid for food and clothes, and the government giving working peoples' money to people for food and clothes, then I doubt I could explain it to you

No, I don't. In both cases, the money's going to working people to people who may or may not be working.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Commie NedFlanders posted:

capitalism allows people to be born into privilege and literally never do a single bit of actual labor, using their inherited wealth accumulate more wealth off of the labor of other people

sweetest thing since slavery

one time my mum tried to make me clear the table and i was like pfft no get jeeves out of bed, it really upset me and she bought me a new wardrobe to apologize for her behaviour

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

a bay posted:

unless it's welfare?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

a bay posted:

good times

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

a bay posted:

I agree. Jealous trust fund haters of course dont get that a lot of people actually want a career, even if they already have enough money for rent and cable and hrift store clothes

lol one of us has a career the other has a trust fund

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
what if i don't like people that don't work?

like rich assholes and poor homeless slobs

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

a bay posted:

same

but then again I'm not a dick about it

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Live paycheck to paycheck in NYC over the previous 40 years and ask again

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Karl Marx had 7 kids and 4 of them died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I'll ask again - are all American families with trust funds millionaires trading racehorses?

Because most over here contain very modest amounts of money and are basically just savings accounts with a slightly higher return.

Though if u have a bank account u are a capitalist sympathiser, pls kill you are self

• Locked thread