Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
I'm bringing back this long-running league for yet another season of exciting and hilarious action. Want a league where the top scoring players are the likes of Derek Carr, Blake Bortles, and the Raiders defense? This is the league for you. It's a ten team ESPN league and I'm giving all the owners from last year an opportunity to return, but there may be openings for new owners so post here if you're interested. I've tentatively set the draft for 9 pm Eastern on Tuesday, September 8. That could potentially be adjusted, but I would like to have it close to the start of the season so that bad teams' starting QBs will be known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
I am 4th Down Syndrome and I'm definitely in again though I admit I am bad at this.

I definitely cannot make a draft on September 8th unfortunately, but I can pre-rank a good amount of players if I have to.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
In as the Ron Turner All Stars again.

September 8th would be tough for me to make, but I can always set a list if that is the day that works for everyone else.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Back again for another year!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

If there's an opening, i'd love to get back in this.

I played several years in a row and always lost in the final game. I remember riding Rex Grossman all the way to the final one year, it was fantastic.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

ArtVandelay posted:

If there's an opening, i'd love to get back in this.

I played several years in a row and always lost in the final game. I remember riding Rex Grossman all the way to the final one year, it was fantastic.
Only 4 of the 10 owners from last year seem to be back, so there is definitely an opening, and we need to recruit some more people (anyone else out there interested?)

PM me your email address or post it in the thread for an invite.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Vogon Poet posted:

Only 4 of the 10 owners from last year seem to be back, so there is definitely an opening, and we need to recruit some more people (anyone else out there interested?)

PM me your email address or post it in the thread for an invite.

PM'ed you. Hopefully we can get 5 more, because backwards really is better than regular fantasy football.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
interested! but put me on a wait list 'cause i have a couple other leagues

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
How exactly does this work?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

As last years' winner, I'm still not sure how the hell it works; I just pick people who I think will particularly suck due to dropped passes/fumbles/getting stopped behind the line of scrimmage every week and hope for the best.

I'm back in; I was NFL Drug Policy last year.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

cheese posted:

How exactly does this work?
You get points for players doing badly. QBs are usually the highest scorers and you want someone who throws lots of interceptions/incompletions (getting sacked a lot also helps). Team defenses, you want a defense that gives up a lot of points. For RBs/WRs/TEs you want lots of carries with a low YPC or lots of targets with few catches/yards. For kickers, you get points for missed kicks. Conversely, players who do really well will result in negative points.

It's a lot of fun!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I've got another draft that night but if the draft is another night I could probably come in last place again (Geno 911)

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I would love to get in on this.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

I'd like to :getin: on this as well.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

put me in chief.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

PM'ed you. Hopefully we can get 5 more, because backwards really is better than regular fantasy football.
Invite sent!

TubeStank posted:

interested! but put me on a wait list 'cause i have a couple other leagues
Okay, since other people expressed more definite interest than you I'm putting them ahead of you for now, but if there ends up being an open spot you can take it.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I've got another draft that night but if the draft is another night I could probably come in last place again (Geno 911)
Whenever the draft is, I doubt that everyone will be able to make it, but it's not that important to be there in person because of how much rosters will end up changing throughout the season. (Although it is important to not use a default ranking auto-draft roster because that will usually result in hilarious negative scores.) Let me know either way whether you want back in, so I know whether I should give your spot to someone else.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I would love to get in on this.
PM me your email address or post it in the thread for an invite!

Acquilae posted:

I'd like to :getin: on this as well.

winvirus posted:

put me in chief.

If everyone claims their spots we have ten!

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Vogon Poet posted:

It's nycteris86@gmail.com.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

All right, we have a full league! I've created a poll to find the time for the draft when the most people can make it. You should all have an email with a link. A couple of notes for newbies, quoting myself from last year:

quote:

If you're unable to make the draft, remember to set your autopicks (or else you'll get a team that would be amazing in normal fantasy but terrible in backwards), also don't worry too much, because the draft is less important than in normal fantasy. A bigger part of doing well is keeping on top of your roster through the season as the best sucky players change, especially as guys are benched or injured.

Another important note that new members should be aware of is that, throughout the season, free agents are acquired via auction. Your budget of $100 is the budget for the whole season, and whenever you want to acquire a free agent you place a bid, with the player going to the highest bid. Example: Team A bids $10 for Player X, Team B bids $5 for Player X - Team A gets the player and loses $10 of their $100 season budget. Also, you can bid $0 and if no one else tries to claim the player you'll get him.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Any reason we can't do the draft on labor day? If anything, i'd think more people would be available on that day.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

ArtVandelay posted:

Any reason we can't do the draft on labor day? If anything, i'd think more people would be available on that day.

I'm not available Monday night at all.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

I'm busy that night but now that I think about it I guess during the day would be a possibility if others are free. I updated the poll with some new options.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I was in last year but I'm afraid I'll be giving up my spot for someone else. This is a cool concept, but there were still times where you'd be rostering "good" players because there's not really a good way to do bizarro scoring for RBs. That coupled with the fact that, even if it was strictly about picking the worst players, I have a hard enough time keeping up with the good ones to be able to adequately research the bad ones too!

Sorry, have fun goons!

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

i made spreadsheets fo rthis. what is wrong with me.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Based on the people who responded to the poll, the original draft time (9 pm Eastern tomorrow) is still the best. Here's hoping for a good turnout, and if you can't make it remember to set your auto picks.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Are auto picks going to go off of ADP or other "normal" rankings rather than our special scoring?

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Are auto picks going to go off of ADP or other "normal" rankings rather than our special scoring?

Yes, if you don't set them up yourself.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

uggghhh do i start oakland dst or steelers dst week 1

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Good draft, everyone! :siren: If you auto-drafted remember to switch out your roster in time for the week 1 games or you will probably have a hilarious negative score. :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

someone started Gronk by accident and got -80 points. RIP

• Locked thread