Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lidl supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress the haters aldi is amazing. Great prices, simple selection, carts never thrown in the lot. And their cashier's are paid decently

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

thanks man, i'm writting all those tips down now as we speak

* food is in boxes at ALDI's

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Volume posted:

carts never thrown in the lot

This is why they have the quarter deposit thing. It's funny that people here are saying that's awful when in reality its the only grocery store where I've never had to worry about some retard randomly leaving their cart in the parking lot because us poors NEED that quarter back

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

waitwhatno posted:

thanks man, i'm writting all those tips down now as we speak

* food is in boxes at ALDI's

Glad I could help!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dave Concepcion posted:

aldi is what i imagine grocery stores in the soviet union looked like

its an exact copy of an East German grocery store

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

nigga crab pollock posted:

aldi is so cheap who cares that its utilitarian as gently caress. i dont want to pay out the rear end for a ~supermarket shopping experience~

their generic brand aldi stuff is also hilariously good and like half the price of name brand stuff. its crazy. and their produce is insanely cheap.

they have these vegetable chips for like $2.20 a bag that are dope as gently caress, and they're like free trade low salt gmo free all of that fancy fuckin jazz that i dont give a poo poo about. thats the same price as lays chips and lays chips are loving gross, greasy af, and made from literal potato garbage

also literally the best packaged cookies ive ever bought that are like actual real chocolate and wheat flour and they melt in your mouth its fuckin nuts. they cost less than chips ahoy and chips ahoy, again, are loving gross and made from actual garbage.

basically lol if u dont shop at aldi because you think its for poors. the idiot hell fucker is actually u

This. Aldi owns but of course goons rail on it because it's "for poors." Hahah yeah have fun spending $200 a week on groceries while I spend $100 for equivalent quality products.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I love ALDI they also get a cool selection of cheapo kitchen and deck stuff. The selection is obviously small but that's what the fancy stores are for.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
You guys have it all wrong. My boss is always telling me how "more millionaires shop at Aldi's" and raving about the seventy-nine cent hot dog buns she bought.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I went to an ALDI's once just to see what it was like. They charged 10 cents per bag used for your groceries, which I didnt know about and gently caress if I ever bring my own. Never went back to that poo poo.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Volume posted:

And their cashier's are paid decently

why is it that they are always the grumpiest people I'll meet all week then?

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
german efficiency

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Phobic Nest posted:

You guys have it all wrong. My boss is always telling me how "more millionaires shop at Aldi's" and raving about the seventy-nine cent hot dog buns she bought.

Aldi bread is hot garbage. Not gonna lie about that.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Germstore posted:

Aldi bread is hot garbage. Not gonna lie about that.

My awesome potato bread hamburger/hotdog buns (79 cents sucka) disagree. I don't eat much junkfood nowadays but when they have their zillion pack of pecan spinwheels on display or what not I'm always sure to grab a "tray" or 3.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Canned Panda posted:

I only buy food with stamps.

Aldi apparently accepts SNAP payments via EBT, but you can get hosed if you're on WIC.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I went to an ALDI's once just to see what it was like. They charged 10 cents per bag used for your groceries, which I didnt know about and gently caress if I ever bring my own. Never went back to that poo poo.

lmao that's literally the reason their prices are so low. spend 79 cents on a reusable bag you little pissbitch

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

job satisfaction. they are allowed to sit down and be grumpy, so they like their job better than a Publix employee who has to stand up and act happy even though they are even grumpier.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Huh, I thought that was only Save-A-Lot.

Last time I was there I got to watch an old lady throw a fit over that.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
nice poor honeypot, op

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

a bone to pick posted:

lol if you shop at aldi you loving deserve this

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Three Olives posted:

Personally I pay a poor to follow me on all fours wearing a pack saddle while I shop, otherwise sometimes you get a shopping cart with a bad wheel which is really annoying.

I know this is bullshit because the rich never ever give money or jobs to the poor.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Because there's only 2 or 3 staff members in the store at once that have to handle cashiering/stocking/shipping and receiving. When the lines get too long, a cashier sounds the buzzer of Communism and another staff member has to stop whatever they're doing and come cashier.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

bradzilla posted:

This. Aldi owns but of course goons rail on it because it's "for poors." Hahah yeah have fun spending $200 a week on groceries while I spend $100 for equivalent quality products.

I only shop at Whole Foods for 100% GMO-free cage free holistically-raised organic chicken and conflict-free mineral water.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Went to ALDI today, all the debit card readers were suspiciously down due to "system error".

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Aldi is actually a great market.. for me to POUPON

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

bradzilla posted:

My housekeeper buys my cleaning supplies at Big Lots so I'm doing my part to be fiscally responsible.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I just assume a russian guy in a basement somewhere already has all of my info, op.

Sunshine Mix
Jun 11, 2009
You can't really get everything you need from ALDI, but I live two blocks from one so I go there all the time. Typically don't even use a cart since I'm buying a meal or two at a time.

i guess im saying suck my balls haters

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Flour, rice, eggs, lentils, beans, chicken thighs, bacon, pork tenderloin, onions, the essentials

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Leon Einstein posted:

Agreed. You don't pay anything to rent a cart; you put down a quarter deposit

Look at these scrubs who don't just grab a spare cardboard box to put their groceries in and save the hassle of getting change. I learned that poo poo shopping at Sam's.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 29, 2015

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Pappyland posted:

Aldi is basically the Ryanair of the supermarket business.

I get what I want from ALDI way cheaper than from companies who literally fire people 2 days before their permanent contracts set in or fire them for trying to organise in any way.

Also lol if you can't handle the way efficient ALDI employess fire your condoms and booze through the till without even looking at you.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'd never even heard of ALDI before this thread. Then again I have only lived in civilized places, like the Pacific Northwest.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I went into an ALDI once and there were flies everywhere. I got a can of coconut milk and left. I have not returned to ALDI.

Well that's my story, see ya!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I went into an ALDI once and there were flies everywhere. I got a can of coconut milk and left. I have not returned to ALDI.

Well that's my story, see ya!

Are you sure it wasn't a Save-a-Lot? Sounds like a Save-a-Lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Three Olives posted:

My housekeeper buys my cleaning supplies at Big Lots so I'm doing my part to be fiscally responsible.

It's good to have someone around to buy jizz cleanser for your chest.

• Locked thread