Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007
Unironically, there are a lot of really good pain compliance methods that'll make someone really hurt and really want to go where you want them to go. They run the gamut from permissive stuff like pressure point control and joint manipulation all the way to big bad things like previously mentioned phone book technique. There's even a lot that's subtle enough you can use it even on camera. Very useful in todays "always assume you're being recorded environment" even if 99% of the time those videos tend to go into "exhibit one, person doing something very illegal" pile and only 1% in the "cop done hosed up and is in trouble" abuse allegations are just what people do these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Bip Roberts posted:

I bet if you just started acting like a policeman, just like around town or something, bring in a few criminals, issue a few speeding tickets, after long they'll be calling you to join!

Oh geez, there was a weird guy going around the park next to my house saying he was the "park warden", which we have never had for any park 100 miles from here, going round doing poo poo like hassling teens drinking alcohol. My dad was the loving mayor at the time and called him out, then he hosed off somewhere, probably to the next park.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

killaer posted:

hows that even possible?

The police used to take my mate's bro-in-law, put a mattress over him, and just beat the gently caress out of him. Didn't leave a mark but the boys had fun. Of all the poo poo our police are, I don't mind this one anecdote of brutality, he probably deserved it. He has a warrant for his arrest for trying to kidnap his kids and threatening to kill them, yet now the police are suddenly too loving scared of him and refuse to arrest him from either his house or his work, the two places he is still going every day.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
OK, serious response if it still matters.

Most departments are requiring about 60 credits in anything. Your GPA is irrelevant really. A full blown degree will get their attention & your investigator will pull your application to the top of the pile to get you into the next possible academy class. They're desperate for anybody with some book learning. Remember your investigator is probably a cop or ex-cop. They want to work with decent people just like anybody else.

Be fit please. If you can run 2 miles, a couple of pull-ups/about 30 sit-ups in a minute your gold. Your running doesn't have to be land-speed record either.

If you have a record but it's sealed...keep it to yourself. Don't lie on the application. They''ll fire you if/when they find out.

If your some BJJ/Judo/MMA douchebag please keep it to yourself. They'll not be impressed & suspect you of being a possible head-case.

Like/have guns? Consider getting rid of them. See above about MMA douchebaggery.

Have douchebag tattoos? Have ready an explanation as to what they represent to you. If you worship Satan's red taint, come up with something else to tell them.

Between now & then please take Spanish classes. You'll look impressive as gently caress & they are hyper-desperate for Spanish speakers. If you go to a small department, you'll have a better shot than most at interesting assignments (gang/Narco squads). Promotion to detective/investigator will be a leg-up for Spanish speakers.

+++points if you can do sign language. I know a cop that signs & got assigned to a sweet detail working daytime with weekends off. Usually that's unheard off for newbs with less than 5yrs on the job.

Consider building up your "Angel points" by volunteering at your local church/hospital & have some grade AAA references to give your investigator. When you can put down Dr. Priests, pastors, & other reputable people as someone that can testify to your "character" then your are loving gold.

**** You want to make your investigator's job as easy as possible. Investigators have huge case-loads & if you make them work too hard they will move your application to the bottom of the pile & move onto to somebody with less issues (easier) than you.

• Locked thread