Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

Edgar posted:

Who do you prefer more:

Old Dominion or Knight transportation?

a .45 to the loving brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

This is now the defacto logistics thread

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

CuteJen96 posted:

This is now the defacto logistics thread

Which is a better distribution model? Hub and spoke, networked or centralized?

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I do logistics to but I don't give fake price quotes like the one on the first page

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

5 pieces, DFW to SFW, 48x48x52 1250 lbs each need a quote air freight 3-5 day , no dock require box truck and 4 hour window pickup , ???
the best I could possibly do if you need it shipped air is 1500 per piece

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Applewhite posted:

Which is a better distribution model? Hub and spoke, networked or centralized?
depends on your volume. If you move millions of packages a day like USPS/UPS/fedex then hub and spoke

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

ugh

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

A train leaves Huston at 4:54 am, averaging 88 mph. Another train headed in the same direction leaves Huston at 5:45 am, averaging 108 mph.

To the nearest minute, at what time will the second train overtake the first train?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Pawn 17 posted:

A train leaves Huston at 4:54 am, averaging 88 mph. Another train headed in the same direction leaves Huston at 5:45 am, averaging 108 mph.

To the nearest minute, at what time will the second train overtake the first train?

20 minutes

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Applewhite posted:

20 minutes

No, and that's not even a time! I'm afraid I'm going to have to report this failure up the chain of command.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Pawn 17 posted:

No, and that's not even a time! I'm afraid I'm going to have to report this failure up the chain of command.

I'll report you up my chain of... cum... gently caress you!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
if i wated to move 900 million tons of materiel but there was a big goddamn river and several mountain chains in between points A and B, and it's all in enemy territory, and i only like having my dick sucked by thai ladyboys, how much do you charge for an afternoon, give or take?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

nomadologique posted:

if i wated to move 900 million tons of materiel but there was a big goddamn river and several mountain chains in between points A and B, and it's all in enemy territory, and i only like having my dick sucked by thai ladyboys, how much do you charge for an afternoon, give or take?

About a buck three-eighty

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Bishop posted:

the best I could possibly do if you need it shipped air is 1500 per piece

jen got me covered for all 5 but thanks. 1500 a ir each is worse than fedex man

Fluo
May 25, 2007

az posted:

what are you trying to move

liquid

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

OP how do you feel about getting high all the time and then going to your office job to make more money than the drivers who live a life of despair and have to drive all the loving time and also can't get high

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

titties posted:

OP how do you feel about getting high all the time and then going to your office job to make more money than the drivers who live a life of despair and have to drive all the loving time and also can't get high

Pretty good

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

CuteJen96 posted:

Pretty good

cool I would too

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

titties posted:

cool I would too

Same

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Why is it that so much stuff is in the wrong place?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Karate Bastard posted:

Why is it that so much stuff is in the wrong place?

Another tool of the jewery

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

jen got me covered for all 5 but thanks. 1500 a ir each is worse than fedex man
at 1200 lbs a piece? Got to put it on a pallet. Unless it's a single heavy item you have to crate that poo poo. Then you have to get it to a plane and load it, fly it, unload and deliver it. Maybe some freight shippers are insane enough to charge less but 1200 for 5 is impossible imo

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Why cant we make RTGs that utilize americium?

Do you think a regular turboshaft jet could have its compression stage fed by a set of valved pulse jets for a larger combustion and higher thrust?

Do you think Blue Buffalo cat food is worth the extra price?

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Bishop posted:

at 1200 lbs a piece? Got to put it on a pallet. Unless it's a single heavy item you have to crate that poo poo. Then you have to get it to a plane and load it, fly it, unload and deliver it. Maybe some freight shippers are insane enough to charge less but 1200 for 5 is impossible imo

i don't know anything about shipping by air but let me tell you how much i hate these intermodal rail shippers that steal loads from me for like 1/10th the price. i hate them a lot.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Who is CuteJen96? Please tell me important the goon lore.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Bruiser (CuteJen96) was a good poster. Had the energy of a barrel going off a waterfall. Goatse'd the Work Crew thread for 3 pages before he got banned.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Bruiser? The dude with the flaming streetsweeper?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

if you mean he was a flaming streetwalker then yes, that was him

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

What's the meaning of this necromancy?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
rest in peace cutejen96

• Locked thread