Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Iowa class battleship mothafucka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Hobohemian posted:

Metal is loving terrible so it seems like they would be in the same sentence often.

signed, a twee millenial

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

the united states of america: naming the lead ship of our ultimate battleship class after a landlocked state since 1940

And its latest attack sub!
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2015/09/01/new-navy-submarine-named-uss-iowa/71451250/

Lots of Iowa ship names.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Des moines winning.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
des moines nothing. wtf am i gonna eat at zombie burger, a veggie burger? i like them, but i know it doesn't really give me a fair opinion of their real food. but burg off does need to happen. any chi-town goons want to get in on this? ill loving pay for kumas

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

des moines nothing. wtf am i gonna eat at zombie burger, a veggie burger? i like them, but i know it doesn't really give me a fair opinion of their real food. but burg off does need to happen. any chi-town goons want to get in on this? ill loving pay for kumas

Do they really call it chi-town? That sounds like an abbreviation ment to piss off people who live there, like frisco for San Francisco.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Hobohemian posted:

Do they really call it chi-town? That sounds like an abbreviation ment to piss off people who live there, like frisco for San Francisco.

that and I thought the name nickname was chiraq

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
There are some good shows this weekend in Minneapolis. You'll have a good time poster Dr. Dogballs Jr

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Boywhiz88 posted:

There are some good shows this weekend in Minneapolis. You'll have a good time poster Dr. Dogballs Jr

im gonna be working at a hotel doing guest relations for a loving anime/nerd convention. my job (and the only reason i go) is to hang out with cool industry people and get them (and myself) nice and drunk. plus i can tell weeaboos to go eat a homestuckers dick and gtfo of my way. i enjoy making fangirls cry no matter what state

Hobohemian posted:

i call it chi-town because of a dude i know that used to live here. one of those people that you can't imagine existing in anything but a cartoon and you want to hate gently caress out of jealousy and marry but don't

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
oh yeah teh midwest fall comiccon or whatever? good luck with that

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Boywhiz88 posted:

oh yeah teh midwest fall comiccon or whatever? good luck with that

its this small thing called metacon. we throw a giant one every year outside chi-town, anime midwest, over 4th of july weekend that draws a massive crowd. wizard world is what you're talking about, it's poo poo and boring.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

its this small thing called metacon. we throw a giant one every year outside chi-town, anime midwest, over 4th of july weekend that draws a massive crowd. wizard world is what you're talking about, it's poo poo and boring.

Wizard World was here a few months ago and it was a nice little Convention. Nothing on the level of the huge stuff, but was cheap and fun. Is it OK with your employer to make people cry though? I think you're exaggerating a bit here, and now the entire credibility of Chicago (not Chi-Town) is in question.

If you don't want Zombie burgs, then we'll figure it out. If you're paying for Kuma's though, it may be worth a goon meet up!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://smartasset.com/mortgage/the-top-10-best-american-cities-to-work-in-tech-in-2015

Lol.

Just LOL.

#7. Chicago doesn't even break the top 20.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

The smallest city I've ever lived in had a population of 998k, what the gently caress is it like living in such a podunk state?

is that the metro or the city proper? because atlanta's only 450k (the rest of the 4 million metro is sprawl surrounding it)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

dad, my friends are moving to chicago and i don't care if it's not as easy to find a job there, i'm gonna be roommates with them and we'll all look together or work something out

dad, i don't care if i can room with the daughter of that friend you have at work instead and get good money working on her website, she smells and is way too weird about her cats and there's literally nothing to do here

DAD, SERIOUSLY. GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THE STATS. I DON'T CARE

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

dad, my friends are moving to chicago and i don't care if it's not as easy to find a job there, i'm gonna be roommates with them and we'll all look together or work something out

dad, i don't care if i can room with the daughter of that friend you have at work instead and get good money working on her website, she smells and is way too weird about her cats and there's literally nothing to do here

DAD, SERIOUSLY. GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THE STATS. I DON'T CARE

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3487

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
jfc jastiger, really? posting loving STATS about how fun a city is. LOL

also i forgot about the stupid traffic and ridiculous one ways all over minneapolis, gently caress me

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Hobohemian posted:

The equivalent nickname for Des Moines is "Des Moines".

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
Twin Cities > Des Moines

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

gleebster posted:

The equivalent nickname for Des Moines is "Des Moines".

If it was so Windy City , why no wind electricity hmmm

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

If it was so Windy City , why no wind electricity hmmm

:thurman:

Also in Chicago you can't get all the way across downtown without going outside. Skywalk 4 lyfe

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
IOWA:

I
OWe
America an apology

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

IOWA:

I
OWe
America an apology

For not Annexing Illinois and making it respectable.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
we were here first and that would've been like loving sealand trying to annex england

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

we were here first and that would've been like loving sealand trying to annex england

Fuckin' awesome.

Let me get on my Illinois class battleship, OH WAIT LOLOLOL.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

if you're in a city 50000 or more people and you can't have a good time you are pretty much incompetent socially.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Agean90 posted:

if you're in a city 50000 or more people and you can't have a good time you are pretty much incompetent socially.

autism is a hell of a drug

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

autism is a hell of a drug

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You weren't kidding about the parking. The Main free parking area downtown is right now a huge pit as they're building a big garage there. So yeah, parking does kind of suck right now.

• Locked thread