Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
like a DEAD COW (the movie the gladiator)

he died straight off but everybody remembers this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ahhh yes back whan james bond was a REAL man

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

how did this fucker get an ORANGOUTAN skull??

dont care its sick

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

seemingly a perfect synergy of offense and defense in dirt bike gladiator combat but i havent tested it and im not sure

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

seemingly a perfect synergy of offense and defense in dirt bike gladiator combat but i havent tested it and im not sure

Tower would easily push this onto the steam geyser, killing you instant.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Retarius, dimachaerus. Basically anyone without a shield.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Gladiatorial combat was basically the wrestling of its day. In that it was somewhat staged and very theatrical. I mean it was still dudes hitting each other with swords and poo poo so it was still pretty brutal but they had a lot of tricks to prevent serious injury snd the winner would almost always spare the loser. It you won a lot you became a celebrity and could get endorsements from like rich merchants and piss collectors and stuff.

When it was people fighting lions and such they would either tire and weaken the lion beforehand like in bullfighting or just have it fight condemned criminals. They also sometime filled arenas with water and staged naval battles where the losing team usually all drowned but they'd also be criminals.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Gladiatorial combat was basically the wrestling of its day. In that it was somewhat staged and very theatrical. I mean it was still dudes hitting each other with swords and poo poo so it was still pretty brutal but they had a lot of tricks to prevent serious injury snd the winner would almost always spare the loser. It you won a lot you became a celebrity and could get endorsements from like rich merchants and piss collectors and stuff.

When it was people fighting lions and such they would either tire and weaken the lion beforehand like in bullfighting or just have it fight condemned criminals. They also sometime filled arenas with water and staged naval battles where the losing team usually all drowned but they'd also be criminals.

that last part sounds awesome I want to watch naval reenactments

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i want to live in a world where we still feed christans to lions

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I gotta get me a death wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TJNXtQ-4SU

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

thats the stuff yeah

death walls

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FreudianSlippers posted:

also gladiators were a bit tubby so they could give each other a few wounds without chopping up their intestines. the six pack abs dudes would be fukken dead after the first match

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Robo Reagan posted:

also gladiators were a bit tubby so they could give each other a few wounds without chopping up their intestines. the six pack abs dudes would be fukken dead after the first match

plus 6 pack abs dudes gas pretty easy. it would be a boring fight of them huffing and puffing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The winner should get to bang the loser

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

they are fighting for the honor of that beautiful maiden

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trident-net fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb7OoPrI3SQ

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
the gladiators net is like a blanket that cripples you

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Do you think they chose to be trident net fighters, or did the gladiator boss say "Hey you look like a fisherman, you get to fight people with a trident and a net".

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
a trident and a net is my preferred method of eating a kfc famous bowl

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Arian_Samurai posted:

Do you think they chose to be trident net fighters, or did the gladiator boss say "Hey you look like a fisherman, you get to fight people with a trident and a net".

Based on the excellent historic documentary, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, their role was chosen for them.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

wanna go back in time and watch that poo poo

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Germstore posted:

Based on the excellent historic documentary, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, their role was chosen for them.

Thank u. I will watch this documentary with some jergens and Kleenex

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

if i learned anything from Mad Max Fury Road, its that in the wasteland any dude on a motorcycle will get brutally destroyed within seconds of being attacked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
A boner. Cool, but I doubt you can be a very effective gladiator when you're sporting one.

• Locked thread