Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
post a pug pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

pug pls

pls post a pug

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
[img]urmom.jpg[img/]

get it? 'cause she's pug ugly lol

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Jesus Christ posted:

[img]urmom.jpg[img/]

get it? 'cause she's pug ugly lol

pugs are beautiful tho

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

thats a good pair of pugs thnk you

heres a concept image for a movie im pitching to disney:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

metal...gear?

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

5'd

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

noice

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Burned Wonton
Feb 8, 2005
Pyrex lids melt when you cook wontons on them in the microwave
Celebrity pug.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
pugs are the worst please stop posting them.

Scandalous Wench
Aug 9, 2010

by Lowtax

thatbastardken posted:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

see that's what I mean, centuries of selective breeding to produce an animal that is objectively terrible and inferior in all characteristics to competing animals. maybe english bulldogs or those hosed up toad-looking 'american bullies' are as bad, but pugs are everywhere.

snorting.

gasping.

requiring surgical assistance to give birth to further, even more lovely pugs.

Scandalous Wench
Aug 9, 2010

by Lowtax

thatbastardken posted:

requiring surgical assistance to give birth to further, even more lovely pugs.

You're thinking of French bulldogs, which require C-sections due to tiny hips. Pugs give birth just fine. Also you're a hater. :colbert:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

http://www.rspca.org.au/campaigns/pedigree-dogs/the-pug posted:

Three main health conditions associated with Pugs:

1. Brachycephalic Airway Obstruction Syndrome (BAOS)

Dogs like pugs have a reduced skull length, but the amount of soft tissue in their airways is not reduced, resulting in the same amount of tissue being squeezed into a smaller bony area. This tissue obstructs airflow and causes major welfare problems. BAOS refers to the suite of respiratory problems associated with the physical deformities characteristic of brachycephalic breeds.

Dogs with BAOS usually have small and narrow nostril openings so it’s very hard to get enough oxygen in and this is made worse by extra tissue that hangs down into their airways lower down their airway, which further obstructs normal airflow.

BAOS is common and occurs in young dogs (most pugs have signs at 1-4 years of age) and it gets worse with age, sometimes the windpipe collapses altogether. Surgical procedures are sometimes performed to try to help dogs be more comfortable and it’s very expensive (thousands of dollars). Constantly gasping for air is very distressing, frightening and uncomfortable for dogs and could be likened to having an asthma attack. Dogs with BAOS are typically unable to take even moderate amounts of exercise, have disrupted sleep and are very prone to potentially fatal heat stroke.

2. Brachycephalic Ocular Syndrome

The extreme Pug head shape means that Pugs are prone to several eye conditions that tend to lead to chronic irritation and pain. This is because the flatter the face, the shallower the eye socket and the more prominent the eye. Prominent bulging eyes are at greater risk of injury and sometimes they actually pop out of their socket. Because the eyeballs are so prominent the eyelids are often unable to completely close over the eyeball leading to dry eye and ulcers. This is because complete closure of the eyelids over the eyeballs is necessary to moisturise the eyeball. These problems are very painful and can lead to blindness.

In some cases eyes are so badly affected they need to be surgically removed. These eye conditions do not occur in dogs with normal head shapes.

3. Hemivertebrae

Pugs commonly have deformities of the bones of the spine. These can lead to pressure on the spinal cord resulting in progressive pain and loss of back leg function.

Pugs also commonly have skin problems as a result of excessive skin folds on their face and serious trouble giving birth - they usually require a caesarean. This occurs because the abnormally large heads of the puppies cannot pass through the mother’s narrow pelvic canal.

I hate so much it hurts. If my hate could take physical form it would be visible from space and intensely radioactive.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Pugs look like bizarre insect dogs. They're unlovable and ugly.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

thatbastardken posted:

Pugs are an ancient and respected breed. Sorry you only know badly bred pugs

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Cull all brachy dogs hth

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Pugs are an ancient and respected breed. Sorry you only know badly bred pugs

The only good pug is one that has been peacefully euthanized. The best bred pug is one that hasn't been bred at all.

Silver Nitrate posted:

Cull all brachy dogs hth

Pretty much.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Pugs have been around for centuries but it was only in the last century that breeders started loving them up.

Here's a pug from 1890

Here's one today

They keep breeding them until the muzzle actually is beyond totally flat...

...it's concave. I guess the next step is to try to breed them with no nose at all? Maybe they can try to make one with eye stalks like a crab?

This apparently is from some German breeder who is trying to restore the breed to its original standard:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Maldoror posted:

Pugs have been around for centuries but it was only in the last century that breeders started loving them up.

Here's a pug from 1890

Here's one today

...it's concave. I guess the next step is to try to breed them with no nose at all? Maybe they can try to make one with eye stalks like a crab?

This apparently is from some German breeder who is trying to restore the breed to its original standard:

Stuff like this has been happening with so many other breeds in the last century that it seems unfair to single out pugs since they still live relatively long lives compared to larger dogs. It would be nice if they could fix the breed a la olde English bulldogge

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

thatbastardken posted:

I hate so much it hurts. If my hate could take physical form it would be visible from space and intensely radioactive.

They fixed this over the course of a decade with the OEB, and I have faith that eventually they will fix the pug

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

Maldoror posted:

Here's a pug from 1890

Here's one today

that's actually interesting sort of how dog breeds develop.
anyways heres a picture i thought was cute.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Yes, helplessness and obesity are cute, this is why goons get laid all the time.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

thatbastardken posted:

Yes, helplessness and obesity are cute, this is why goons get laid all the time.

Did a pug steal your girlfriend

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

thatbastardken posted:

pugs can make a living they just to prefer to work at home, they are introverts.
PROOF:

also, pugs work out occasionally. its not uncommon to see pugs running though, they dont like gym memberships...

You must a be a very insecure and lonely loser who likes to bully pugs so you can feel better about yourself. You suck and you have no friends.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Did a pug steal your girlfriend

got to have a girlfriend before she could get stolen :smugdog:

Mapparu posted:

You suck and you have no friends.

This is true though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like the pointy ears on this pug.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

thatbastardken posted:

The only good pug is one that has been peacefully euthanized. The best bred pug is one that hasn't been bred at all.

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta
Pugs are excellent sportsdogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Pugs are the ultimate dog manifestation of America.

I am both repulsed and intrigued.

Some of my idiot dog's best friends at the dog park have been pugs or pug mixes and they are great. (Until they keel over from not being able to breathe.)

They are hideous, health disasters, playful, well-behaved, like to eat stuff.

Just like Americans.

Makes you think.

HungryMedusa fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 25, 2015

• Locked thread