Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

lonesomedwarf posted:

um no, this is wrong, and bad. he di dnot have autism just because he doesnt talk or helps a lady who isnt going to do sex with him, this is offensive to some people, i think you should think more about something efore you post it, because what if you say something that, what if someone had autistic and reads your post? they might feel bad and sad, and they might not have seen the movie drive and theyu might feel confused, they might go and watch the movie and i tmight offend them that you said this about autism. in fact, a lot of autisms cannot drive, or have meaning ful relationships wit people let alone the opposide sex, and this is clear in the movie that he cares about the lady and her son, and the man is his friend, and thiw probably would not happy in a autism, i am starting to think that perhaps you dont really know what you are talking about and are, in fact, using hyperbole instead of making a fun and nice comment about something that people can enjoy and go away feeling good about temselves after reading, and i just think that if some people thought more before saying some thing we could all have a abetter place to hang out, and chat, and talk to friends about tyhing that are important to us, or talk about a movie or a book like this thread, and its only a little think but i think it could make a lot of difference in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

SpaceAceJase posted:

Just enjoy movies, you nerds

No they must be ranked just like starvraft characters and boobs

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
The free market decided it was Jurassic World, with Avengers close behind. HTH

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
fury road
dredd
wick

but dredd was really good and wick was fun

thank you

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Android Bicyclist posted:

Dredd 3D isn't AFAIK.
Source
Source

They couldn't get Burger King and McDonalds to fund the sequel.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Chinatown posted:

havent seen any of these movies

They would just look like horizontal lines to you anyway I wouldn't bother.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Wick is superior. They wrote an entire script tailored to Keanu Reeves' abilities to do solid action work and never loving talk unless he's out of breath or muttering to himself. Plus, the cars in it are in fact pretty goddamed bitchin'. And it also featured the only bad guy lackey in cinema history to have the good sense to just walk the gently caress away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n67mI2obO-8&t=277s
:colbert:

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Dredd came out in 2012 but it's still the best action movie of 2015

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
John Wick is the only one I've seen because it's the only one that's not a reimagining, remake or reboot. Re-'s don't get my vote!

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
I watched Fury Road and thought it was enjoyable and the traditional effects were cool but I think goon opinion of it might be overstepping reality somewhat

Dredd was far more violent overall and the action was more uh, complex?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

My Q-Face posted:

John Wick is the only one I've seen because it's the only one that's not a reimagining, remake or reboot. Re-'s don't get my vote!

you're loss

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I'll wait till their on Netflix or HBO Now

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Melchior posted:

I watched Fury Road and thought it was enjoyable and the traditional effects were cool but I think goon opinion of it might be overstepping reality somewhat

Yeah what are goons thinking?

*ignores that the international association of film critics named it the film of the year*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i just want ultraviolence and dredd loving delivered I tell you what

gonna watch that poo poo again tonight

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I have the most fun with Dredd. Karl Urban's frowns, the cute psychic badass. Slo mo. Pretty fantastic stuff.

Mad max is visually beautiful and theres a lot of good stuff but tbh 2 hours of car chase is too much and it would have been cool to see things other than exploding cars, it's still really good and one of the best action movies of the decade, I just like Dredd more.

John wick is cool and dumb and never aims to be anything other than a competent revenge action movie.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

John Wick taught me that no matter what he does, Alfie Allen will always be Theon "fuckup" Greyjoy.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

His sister is hot as gently caress though

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

If you're having a hard time figuring out which is the best, sometimes it's easy when you first discover which one was the worst.

Of the three, only one isn't getting a sequel.

Professor Shark posted:

All three are getting sequels :confused:

Dredd 3D isn't AFAIK.
Source
Source

LOOKS LIKE I MAY BE WRONG!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

lonesomedwarf posted:

um no, this is wrong, and bad. he di dnot have autism just because he doesnt talk or helps a lady who isnt going to do sex with him, this is offensive to some people, i think you should think more about something efore you post it, because what if you say something that, what if someone had autistic and reads your post? they might feel bad and sad, and they might not have seen the movie drive and theyu might feel confused, they might go and watch the movie and i tmight offend them that you said this about autism. in fact, a lot of autisms cannot drive, or have meaning ful relationships wit people let alone the opposide sex, and this is clear in the movie that he cares about the lady and her son, and the man is his friend, and thiw probably would not happy in a autism, i am starting to think that perhaps you dont really know what you are talking about and are, in fact, using hyperbole instead of making a fun and nice comment about something that people can enjoy and go away feeling good about temselves after reading, and i just think that if some people thought more before saying some thing we could all have a abetter place to hang out, and chat, and talk to friends about tyhing that are important to us, or talk about a movie or a book like this thread, and its only a little think but i think it could make a lot of difference in the world

Lol... But if he didn't have the autism I can guess who does.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
John Wick was entertaining and it blew my mind that not only did Keanu Reeves actually for-reals learn Kung Fu for it, but Kevin Nash legitimately learned to talk with a Russian accent for it. It falls out of Dredd and Fury Road's league though because "Baba Yaga" does not mean anything like the fuckin' boogeyman. Also how are you going to have Ian MacShane and not have him call somebody a bucktoothed cocksucker or something?

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I just saw Mad Max and was disappointed. It was pretty blah.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

BigBoss posted:

I just saw Mad Max and was disappointed. It was pretty blah.

Was good in IMAX, was underwhelmed in a normal theater tbh. I'm guessing most movies would seem better in imax fwiw

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
if you wanna see some real action just call op's mom

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Kuato posted:

Was good in IMAX, was underwhelmed in a normal theater tbh. I'm guessing most movies would seem better in imax fwiw

The visuals were OK, but holy poo poo the script. Come the gently caress on.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

BigBoss posted:

The visuals were OK, but holy poo poo the script. Come the gently caress on.

lmao

look at this fuckin dipshit

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the movie that got lauded by critics an audiences alike for its ability to tell a really compelling story in an immensely effective way without shoving obvious poo poo down your throat?

its bad actually

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the only thing you're the boss of is bedpissing you giant loving baby retard

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

whatis posted:

lmao

look at this fuckin dipshit

Whoever wrote that script was molested by their stepfather or something.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

still haven't seen mad max but since goons like it it's probably poo poo. John Wick was okay but kind of like jangling keys in front of a retarded baby to keep it occupied for a couple hours. Dredd was loving wicked good. Thamks for reading my post. :cheers:

That end scene where Dredd makes the bad woman take reverse-speed was epic. Total patriarchy if you don't want to ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
dredd
wick
huge power gap
mad max

done

• Locked thread