Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

its not october yet you euro gently caress

it is october already, americunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Persona 4 Dancing all Night is amazing.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

No Such Thing posted:

Actually, it can! See: Hypertumors.

Post/Av irony at its best.

The Taint Reaper posted:

That company they bought for mobile poo poo has been apparently stealing existing emulators and claiming them as their own because since the emulators are for illegally playing their IPs, so it's fair game.

The advent of rom emulators imploding due to toxic code is nigh. Going to be reminiscent of the whole minecraft modding slapfights if it gets serious, and that would be quite entertaining :munch:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

here's the difference: nintendo is a japanese company, which means they don't give a gently caress about programming and computer poo poo because they're not awful nerds like western gamers

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

icantfindaname posted:

here's the difference: nintendo is a japanese company, which means they don't give a gently caress about programming and computer poo poo because they're not awful nerds like western gamers

japan...

not awful nerds..?

have you ever seen anime

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Faffel posted:

japan...

not awful nerds..?

have you ever seen anime

anime is good you philistine

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

i think the gaming company might care about programming and computer poo poo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

icantfindaname posted:

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh?????????????????

This is the country that spawned Vocaloid.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Reminder, Nintendo made an OS so bad on the Wii, homebrew have effectively taken over everything

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Taint Reaper posted:

Persona 4 Dancing all Night is amazing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/rpg-heroes-bundle/

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Motto posted:

i think the gaming company might care about programming and computer poo poo

in a freakish turn of events, nintendo announces officially that they don't "care about programming and computer poo poo" anymore and that their only remaining product will be a sequel to smash brothers called "super smash brothers burgertime" that is actually a nintendo-themed world-wide fast food franchise

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Nintendo goes back to hanafuda cards, the glory days of the 1900s are restored

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

bloodychill posted:

in a freakish turn of events, nintendo announces officially that they don't "care about programming and computer poo poo" anymore and that their only remaining product will be a sequel to smash brothers called "super smash brothers burgertime" that is actually a nintendo-themed world-wide fast food franchise

A fast food franchise that was filled with gamecubes to play smash on would rule.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nasgate posted:

A fast food franchise that was filled with gamecubes to play smash on would rule.

that was mcdonalds for a while, except with n64s

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

One of the Montreal Trudeau airport terminals had Double Dash stations at one point but it was in the children's play area

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Nintendo goes back to hanafuda cards, the glory days of the 1900s are restored

hanafuda cards with anime boobs on them. i like the sound of that

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I bet there's some 90+ year old Japanese who complain about Nintendo going to poo poo when they started producing those dang electronic toys.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Great Joe posted:

"Bardagamašur" = "Bardagi + Mašur" = "Fight + Man"

Welp gonna chalk this up to the Canadian dev team either not being thorough or that they originally planned for a male lead.

I'm chalking it up to the former.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Ekster posted:

I bet there's some 90+ year old Japanese who complain about Nintendo going to poo poo when they started producing those dang electronic toys.

If I was alive when Nintendo was running love hotels, yeah I'd consider videogames to be a step down as well

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thank god for us posted:

Is the steam controller going to be good? Haven't been able to find many impressions on it aside from a few bad youtube videos showing it off. There are a lot of games I would way rather play from the couch with a controller, like the latest Tomb Raider and Shadow of Mordor, but I've been holding off on buying a 360 controller until the Stream controller comes out.

the ultimate PC controller is the DS4 anything else is trash I hope this helps

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Breaking news! New HoMM game has crippling bugs!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the ds4 is the best feeling controller I've ever owned

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The WiiU pro controller feels pretty good. Has a crazy long battery on it to boot.

But until somebody gets it setup for PC properly I'll stick with the DS3.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
october games chat: the ghost of bad posts haunts us the most

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The shittiness of the DS3 triggers was worth it if it's what led to the DS4 triggers being perfect

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Golden Goat posted:

But until somebody gets it setup for PC properly I'll stick with the DS3.

The $15 Mayflash converter worked fine for me. Sucks that you can't just use regular Bluetooth though, and it's only 1 controller per adapter.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The $15 Mayflash converter worked fine for me. Sucks that you can't just use regular Bluetooth though, and it's only 1 controller per adapter.

I tried a program to get it all setup via bluetooth adapter but it went nuts when trying to get it working alongside the DS3 controllers.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Not a Children posted:

The shittiness of the DS3 triggers was worth it if it's what led to the DS4 triggers being perfect

the DS3 triggers were still nowhere near as lovely as every XBox controller ever

the DS4 is gaming nirvana

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
also http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744607

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Golden Goat posted:

I tried a program to get it all setup via bluetooth adapter but it went nuts when trying to get it working alongside the DS3 controllers.

What version of Windows are you on? Win7 is kind of notorious for bluetooth being a steaming pile of poo poo on it. I never tried using the Wii U Pro over a regular bluetooth, but I could never get a DS3/4 to pair correctly until I moved to Windows 10.

My only complaint about the DS4 is that they still use those rubber membranes for the D-pad and buttons, and they can still wear out pretty fast if you use them regularly. Replacements are like, $1 a pop for a full set, but opening up a DS4 is a frightening nightmare that requires you know which parts to pry apart violently and which parts to not touch because you might pull out a flimsily attached ribbon cable that you can't reconnect.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pick one and get it pinned before somebody starts another one.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

What version of Windows are you on? Win7 is kind of notorious for bluetooth being a steaming pile of poo poo on it. I never tried using the Wii U Pro over a regular bluetooth, but I could never get a DS3/4 to pair correctly until I moved to Windows 10.

Win 7, didn't have much on an issue with the DS3's

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Golden Goat posted:

Been trying to get this working on Win10 and it's still a nightmare. Can do DS3 or DS4, but getting them both to work at once is apparently impossible

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I was considering updating to win10 from win7 but I keep hearing reasons not to.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lurdiak posted:

I was considering updating to win10 from win7 but I keep hearing reasons not to.

If you have a 3d card do not update to windows 10

It will rollback your drivers and you can't tell it not to

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

precision posted:

the DS3 triggers were still nowhere near as lovely as every XBox controller ever

the DS4 is gaming nirvana

let's not go overboard here

the battery life of the ds4, even on dim and no rumble, is hot loving garbage

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Well for free you can update to a better OS. The caveats are A) It's fresh and still has kinks B)Autoupdate is the only option.

Personally, the only problem i had was Chrome was incompatible with W10 for a few weeks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nasgate posted:

Well for free you can update to a better OS. The caveats are A) It's fresh and still has kinks B)Autoupdate is the only option.

Personally, the only problem i had was Chrome was incompatible with W10 for a few weeks.

There's a couple oldish games that no longer work properly with win10 and other tiny issues like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

There's a couple oldish games that no longer work properly with win10 and other tiny issues like that.

IMO if you haven't played those games yet, but really want to when there's hundreds of newer games that work, I'm certain there's a work around.

• Locked thread