Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ZombieParts posted:

I always wondered if weed would work well on a schizo. It was always weird to me that my friend would give her daughter so much medicine but the mere mention of weed would send her over the deep end.

typically, since weed is a psychedelic, it doesn't work well with schizophrenia at all and can actually make it worse

it can even trigger latent schizophrenia in people (ie you get it earlier than you would have)

this is pretty much the only real danger of weed I can think of. note I'm not saying it makes you schizophrenic or that if you smoke enough eventually you will be schizophrenic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Gonna smoke myself retarded then

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

TwoFire posted:

PIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I know a schizophrenic who smokes weed and it seems to be fine for her, but she generally smokes very little at any one time, and it makes her ill if she mixes it with anything else.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

TwoFire posted:

PIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yam5uK6e-bQ

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

You know, serious question, how do nootropics and brain supplements (like Alphabrain or something) affect Schizophrenics? Can they improve cognition or are they all snake oil?

EDIT: Primarily in regards to memory.

They aren't snake oil by any means but idk how they would affect schizophrenics

im more of a sigmabrain

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
i like pee pee an doo doo

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im gay

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

:saddowns:

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

serious norman posted:

i like pee pee an doo doo

Same

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Kspj3OO0s

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
most americans are szhizophenigs because olf the societal demands

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
op go live in the woods and live a stress free life because stress is highly correlated with the advancement of schizophrenia

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
more like amateurdromal schizophrenia

naem
May 29, 2011

killaer posted:

most americans are szhizophenigs because olf the societal demands

same only opposite

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
weird i thought this would be a speedgem thread

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Lots of mental illness itt

i prefer to think of it as mental chillness :smugdog:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Anonymous Robot posted:

When I was untreated I used to speak/shout unintelligible nonsense because I had the notion that language was universal and you could express yourself adequately by cutting right to the structuralist underpinnings of it. I also made some other idiot highschool boys believe that this was sensible, either that or they just wanted to be done talking to me, a babbling maniac.

On the bright side, one of those people you babbled to probably went to go on and design the language in The Sims.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

lol if you dont take antipsychotics every day of your adult life

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
What if schizophrenics perceived the real world and "normal people" were actually the crazy ones

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Professor Tomtom posted:

I will treat my mental illnesses with marihuana instead of medicine

same but with chinese chemicals

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The funny kind with delusions, or the sad one where you just lie in bed all day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Lunixnerd posted:

Schizz my Norm-hole

• Locked thread