Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
Seriously who the gently caress is this poo poo marketed to? Is it hip to listen to FM radio on a $300+ phone rather than a portable cassette player? Does it come with a caramel macchiato?

I just heard about it on OTA FM radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

c'mon, op, give it a chance. you were young once.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

symbolic posted:

c'mon, op, give it a chance. you were young once.

my nexus 4 doesn't have an FM radio built into it :(

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
There are a million apps that let you listen to radio stations on your phone who gives a poo poo

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Oh it uses the fm tuner some phones have built in? Lol that's even dumber, I sure am glad i can listen to music with radio static on my smartphone in the year 2015

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Aralan posted:

Oh it uses the fm tuner some phones have built in? Lol that's even dumber, I sure am glad i can listen to music with radio static on my smartphone in the year 2015

Precisely.

But hey it uses less power than streaming (I'd hope at least.. remember when you could buy those cheapy handheld FM radios with headphones from the dollar store).

I'd be curious to know if it screws up its own reception.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

whats wrong with radio you just choose a station and listen you dont need to bother with anything else and you get to find out whats kind of sale the local car and furniture dealers have wtf did you even thing of that???

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

numberoneposter posted:

whats wrong with radio you just choose a station and listen you dont need to bother with anything else and you get to find out whats kind of sale the local car and furniture dealers have wtf did you even thing of that???

I want some cumbersome app that has an excuse for direct hardware access with the guise of listening to my local ads!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

TwoFire posted:

I want some cum that has direct access to my local aids!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
Stop posting PMs. <:mad:>

• Locked thread