Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Zippy the Bummer posted:

was the bear pilot from tailspin meant to literally be Baloo from jungle book or did he just happen to look exactly like him

I honestly never made the distinction between the two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Zippy the Bummer posted:

was the bear pilot from tailspin meant to literally be Baloo from jungle book or did he just happen to look exactly like him

i always thought of it like he was a bear actor who played baloo in jungle book and then got a gig on a TV show playing a pilot

maybe that only made sense to my 9-year-old self

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

A misanthrope posted:

OK I've spent some time today boning up on Darkwing

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

A misanthrope posted:

are weasels the bad guys in those books?

what other species are always portrayed as bad guys in entertaiment? don't get me started on the racist hyena caricatures in Lion King

There were "woodlanders" aka good species and "Vermin" aka bad species

bad species (generally): Rats, cats, weasels, ferrets, ermine, foxes are generally the bad guys, oh and some reptiles occasionally
good: hedgehogs, mice, rabbits, otters, badgers, moles, voles, shrews, seals, squirrels

edit: I forgot birds, theres both good and bad birds

Sgt. Shaved Balls fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 3, 2015

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

What would the show be called if Darkwing liked to watch Beagle Boys ravage his wife?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

What would the show be called if Darkwing liked to watch Beagle Boys ravage his wife?

Darkwing Duck

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ramsus posted:

i knew i had outgrown the disney afternoon when darkwing duck and gooftroop came out and i didn't get why anyone liked them

i was all about tailspin, duck tales, rescue rangers and gummy bears

lol just lol if you didn't enjoy all of those shows simultaneously

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Applewhite posted:

Donald Duck is poor. He's an undesignated SN in the U.S. Navy.

I miss that he was mostly absent in Duck Tales cuz I liked how the Rosa comics depicted him as an intentionally underachiever version of Scrooge. Basically, Donald's what Scrooge would be like if he'd had to grow up with someone like Scrooge. Donald doesn't want Scrooge's money because he's afraid it'd turn him into Scrooge.

I guess that still fits with ducks being the ubermensch of their world though, if a duck at least has the choice to be a bum.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A misanthrope posted:

are weasels the bad guys in those books?

what other species are always portrayed as bad guys in entertaiment? don't get me started on the racist hyena caricatures in Lion King

Pretty much any animal that's a predator are bad guys except for like shrews and otters and badgers and actually I don't even know what badgers eat now that I think about it

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Aesop Poprock posted:

Pretty much any animal that's a predator are bad guys except for like shrews and otters and badgers and actually I don't even know what badgers eat now that I think about it

They are omnivorous.

Shrews actually are very predatory.

naem
May 29, 2011

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

They are omnivorous.

Shrews actually are very predatory.

Every last one of the good animals viciously murder and eat each other irl hakuna matata

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax
In fact many shrews are venomous

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Let me tell you about Samurai Pizza Cats.

Samurai Pizza Cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

why does the phone have a wire and an antenna

• Locked thread