Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
:siren: Defeat Faker event is live. Make sure to punch his face in for Gems and Gold, as well as a few summon stones :siren:

Wonder5 Masters, an anime game distributed by Eyedentity Mobile, is a fun little poopbreak game along the lines of Summoner's War or Pocket Knights, but with less of the problems of the latter and similar grinding as the former. This is a grindy game, but if you like seeing numbers rise this is a fun one to give a shot. A lot of the grind is sidelined due to its automatic feature, however; if you two-star a level, you can use Auto-Skill, and if you three-star a level, you can use a Time Scroll to clear it instantly and reap the rewards.

This game came out very recently, so it's still at that ground-floor stage where tons of stuff is given away. This game is fairly light with the IAP, in that they throw a lot of it at you, but in turn, a lot of bonus things require Gems.

As far as I know, this game is Android-only. iOS version to follow soon, I would assume.

// Story/Introduction //

If you truly give a poo poo about the story, basically the tutorial is the final battle between the forces of light (Heien) and the forces of darkness (Palimay). When Palimay is defeated, he explodes and infects the entire world with his essence, basically instilling sin and darkness in mortal hearts, guaranteeing his resurrection and return zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's a very bare bones dark vs. light plot, made funnier by the lack of localization talent. The menus and hint screens are well done and clearly convey (in most cases) what things do, but the main story is very poorly done.

// How to play //

The game follows a very linear progression path; as your heroes complete missions, more missions unlock. Each run of a mission has a chance to drop Re-enforcement Items, which function like gems and socketing in most other games. Once you've socketed all six slots, you can then upgrade your hero from their current rank to the next. E -> D -> D1 -> D2 -> C and so forth.

Once your hero hits level 20, they can equip actual Equipment, which further bolster its stats .The equips take their own, different materials to upgrade, and are generally not worth seeking unless you have a sick S-rank item.

Your heroes also have skills, which are upgraded via Gold. Certain heroes have certain useful skills, and they are all automatic except for their "ultimates" which are activated by you (or Auto-Skill). The automatic ones are usually auras, or have a 20% chance to activate useful effects. This is the primary use for gold aside from combining materials for Re-enforcement Items.

As you level up, you will unlock more features; an Arena, an Ancient Dungeon, a Boss Raid (Predator), an Explore option, and a Sky Fortress.

The Arena, Predator, and Ancient Dungeons all have 5 uses a day each with a 10 minute cooldown in between each use; this means you don't really need to hit certain times of the day to get what you want, but you also cannot get more then 5 chances at whatever loot you're looking for (except if you spend :10bux: ). The Explore option allows you to send your guys off on an adventure with a chance to bring back Gold, EXP potions, and Gems. If you send your guys out like this, they are still usable for other things! Always pick the 10 hour option.

To increase your numbers and satisfy that skinner box urge, always look for ways to socket your heroes and upgrade them; make sure you stay on top of this. It's helpful to do it for all heroes, even the ones on the bench, for things like Explore and Boss Raids. If you have equipments, make sure to equip them. Also, you will occasionally get character tokens with puzzle piece symbols; you can raise your 1-star scrubs to 5-star beatsticks by collecting and using enough of them.

// Dailies / Things-to-do //

Every day there are around ten dailies to do. These dailies give you VIP points, which as far as I know, do not depreciate over time, but they also give Gems, Gold, and Account Experience, which is imperative to unlocking all the other fun stuff.

Here is a checklist of things to do every day if you are a huge idiot, like myself:

• Do your 5 free Daily Draws at the Fortune Teller, and your 1 Free Special Draw every 48 hours.
  • Do your 5 Arena Fights; aim for the weaker guys.
  • Do your 5 Daily Dungeons (Ancient Dungeons).
  • Do your Boss Raids every couple of hours up to whatever tier of rewards you can access (Tier 1 for Dragon is 10k damage, Tier 1 for Poseidon is 50k damage, etc.)
  • Send your guys off on exploration missions every 10 hours; split them up so you have most of them on the first ship, and at least 2 or more on second ship (exp pots).
  • Do Your Daily Quests
  • Whatever Sky Fortress is, do it (you get one or two tries a day)

If you actually want to maximize your effort playing this game, here are additional things you can do:

• Kill all map bosses 3 times each; you are allowed 3 chances to get tokens per day, and it takes 20 or 30 tokens to summon that boss as a unit.
  • Grind out materials for socket items, even if you don't necessarily need them now. You will need them later as your hero pool expands.
  • You will have a huge bounty of Time Scrolls; make sure you 3-star all the stages that you can, and when you need to go back to farm for socket items, you can Time Scroll it to skip it entirely, while getting the rewards.
  • Beat Faker; I needed to wait until level 15ish to beat Faker's Level 1 team, but his Level 2 team I still cannot match even at level 32.

It looks like a lot, but remember, most if not all of these are basically "start mission, turn on auto skill, go do something else for a minute".

// Guilds/Friends //

They have confirmed that guild events will be coming soon; I have a guild ready for if anyone wants to join in. You have to hit level 25, but that's roughly a day or two of casual playing to hit. As of now, they do nothing but give you a free chat box and a nifty emblem. Just post in the thread if you want to join. Guild name is: Molten and we're on the English/Haien server.

Friends can, daily or twice daily or whatever, "support" their friends and give points to them. This gives you more chances at the Fortune Teller.

My account name is Rafza if you want to add me.

// Resources/Links //

Here is the link to their main page.
Here is the link for the game on Google Play.
There is not a good wiki up for it yet, but there's a basic one located here.

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
In as Lubanja I guess. What's the guild name ? I just joined some random pubby one

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In as Sduster since i couldn't use Hitler as a name.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Just started this a couple days ago, I think picking up the 10 piece summon heroes and upping them to C-grade is super useful for air fortress/exploring. You want to try to use the compass in explore as much as you can because sometimes you get free treasure (gems and other crap), and once you get to around to being able to actually beat poo poo you run into, it speeds up the gem hoarding process. Made my first 1800 pull and I got the healer Ent, seems pretty good but this game looks like upgrading the stars of your characters is extremely hard

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Are we on the global or english server?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm on English. Saw there is a (GOON)squad guild but I'm guessing it is not run by goons.

Are you guys just using the instant battles to get rank up items? I must have ran through 80 getting one unit to rank c from d2

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
I'm enjoying it as much as summoner war is. In as Korak. It seems like at least a few of the starters are quasi end game characters.

Finally hit 25, invite me to guild.

Korak fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 5, 2015

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I made a spreadsheet thing for player tracking. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ee5yZY1xpUEgR2czRirSWh9qllFfVbG-o0v6hex2FUU/edit?usp=sharing

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Apologies, we're on the English server.

Guild name is Molten, I'll kick some random dudes tonight.

Characters to focus on include the ranger starter and Lightning Nick and whatever your 3star pull is.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So this is just another rehash of heroes charge? Is there a template you can buy to poo poo these out?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Byolante posted:

So this is just another rehash of heroes charge? Is there a template you can buy to poo poo these out?

I do not know as I have not played heroes charge,

Rapner
May 7, 2013

The graphics are pretty gorgeous compared to Heroes Charge.

The IAP seems to be heinously expensive though, or maybe that's just the rapidly diminishing Aussie dollar causing it.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
The IAP is about 50% more expensive than Heroes Charge.
I am Ez8 just grinding to lv25 now.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Has anyone found any particularly powerful group comps yet? I'm thinking that focusing on characters with powerful single target attacks might be useful long term.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Korak posted:

Has anyone found any particularly powerful group comps yet? I'm thinking that focusing on characters with powerful single target attacks might be useful long term.

I've been having really good success with Researcher Rimpell; she's my leader and her AOE is insane

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Welp my first roll was this pirate captain guy. He seems like the worst roll possible

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Been playing for half a day and I'm really digging this game. Got a 3* Sasha and she seems to be endgame material as the pvp no1 ranked guy is using her.
Ultimate causes horor(cc) and is pretty much a magic def debuffer.

Ninkobei posted:

Welp my first roll was this pirate captain guy. He seems like the worst roll possible
Capt Mynefrang?
He looks to be more of a frontline tank so probably not an optimal draw.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Yeah this game is a lot of fun, probably one the few that I don't feel like I'll burn out on anytime soon. It's got the right amount of things to do. Only complaint is the upgrade materials tend to be a pain in the rear end to find.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Only kill bosses until you get your 1 daily token. Apparently it's impossible to get more than 1 a day per map.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Item farming is defenietly a slog but giving out free time scrolls is probably the best balance feature of this game.

Other similar games only give those out when you become VIP ie spend cash.

OP mind updating the first post with what server we are on?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I just realised after blowing through 300 energy that time scrolls use energy too. Oops.

I could have used that to level my off-team...

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

EzEight posted:

Item farming is defenietly a slog but giving out free time scrolls is probably the best balance feature of this game.

Other similar games only give those out when you become VIP ie spend cash.

OP mind updating the first post with what server we are on?

done

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Is the login giveaway character good?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

EzEight posted:

Is the login giveaway character good?

Not really, the electric mage guy you get early on is better.

Is anyone else still playing?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Yep I'm still here. Still haven't beat normal difficulty yet. Some tips on gem spending: Use them on recharges for the Hero x2 events and maybe the adventure x2 events.

Actual hero summoning is pretty expensive for what you get. But I guess the chance of a 3* is worth it maybe? I still haven't got one out of about 5 10x summons though.

I think I have too many decent heros, not sure how i want to focus my lineup yet. Kinda hard when I have so many good 2*s that are just outclassed by the other higher star ones. Gotta farm some stones I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
im playing still but its off and on because i'm in the process of starting college anew

• Locked thread