Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
killaer
Aug 4, 2007
i dont know how they did it, but its the most accurate representation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

are you sure

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

lays greektown gyro kettle cooked potato chips SUBMITTED BY: JAMES WAGNER

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

ill call the press

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
most of their flavors taste like what they claim to be why are you so surprised about this? are you dense?

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
they actually taste like that gamey lamb flavor and the aftertaste is creepily resemblant of actual tatziki sauce, its actually veryh strange, my minds playing tricks on me

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

thathonkey posted:

most of their flavors taste like what they claim to be why are you so surprised about this? are you dense?

actually the buscuits and gravy flavor tasted nothing like the claim. it obviously still tasted like potato, NOT buscuit at all, there wasnt a buttery/flaky hint of anything. i also noticed (and I have to be very cross with lays on this one) a slight aftertaste that was resemblant of their BARBECUE SAUCE flavoring powder, so its obvious this was a gimmick and the recipe wasnt actually inspired, its just reused existing flavorings with their ratios changed or some bullshit

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

thathonkey posted:

The only one that sort of matches is the biscuits and gravy one

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

lays lab grabs lamb; chips slip killaer into conniption fits

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
pickle chips anyone ???

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

killaer posted:

actually the buscuits and gravy flavor tasted nothing like the claim. it obviously still tasted like potato, NOT buscuit at all, there wasnt a buttery/flaky hint of anything. i also noticed (and I have to be very cross with lays on this one) a slight aftertaste that was resemblant of their BARBECUE SAUCE flavoring powder, so its obvious this was a gimmick and the recipe wasnt actually inspired, its just reused existing flavorings with their ratios changed or some bullshit
Sorry about your dumb gay tastebuds

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I taste onion and the cucumber taste, no lamb for me :(

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
my favorite food is biscuits n gravy

im a basic bitch what can i say

wont try the chips becuz im what some owuld say a "conisaur" :cool:

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
they used lamb oil

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Those seem pretty good. I'm down for a bag.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I would love to have my name on a bag of potato chips.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i wish i had abag of these right about nows:

gawd DAYUM that would be good

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

JUNKFOODGUY.com

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
wtf is lamb

Richard McBeef
Apr 21, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Lamb tastes like poo poo. Chips taste like poo poo. Yeah, they got it pretty close.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Richard McBeef posted:

Lamb tastes like poo poo. Chips taste like poo poo. Yeah, they got it pretty close.

McBeef

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Richard McBeef posted:

is your mouth tarded?

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

JUNKFOODGUY.com

im not the only one to notice this. this web site corroborates my initial flavor appraisal:

"The more chips I ate, the more I got the gyro flavor – and pretty acutely, in fact. There was a definitely lamb-flavor on these chips – more chewing made the flavor more recognizable. Like a nice spiced lamb taste. I didn’t think it was super strong, but it was definitely there. On top of that, the creaminess and tang untangled as I tasted more tzatziki and feta cheese flavor. The crunch of the kettle chip was nice. Was there the lettuce, tomato, cucumber flavor? Maybe…I’m sure they were all muddled into the general savoriness of the chip. - See more at: http://www.junkfoodguy.com/2015/07/27/laysgreektowngyro/#sthash.fNWmrPUQ.dpuf"

Richard McBeef
Apr 21, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

is your mouth tarded?

Yes. And now my story can finally be told.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Both the gyro amd the reuben flavors are vegetarian but the truffle omes aren't wtf is up with that

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im gay

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Brandeating was pretty lukewarm on them.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i must try these

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bold Robot posted:

Brandeating was pretty lukewarm on them.

its a super depressing website really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the kettle chips red curry is real good

• Locked thread