Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

A misanthrope posted:

"Blessed is the one who grabs your little children and smashes them against a rock." -- Psalm 137:9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ybv4DOj-N0

Lyrics: http://biblehub.com/niv/psalms/137.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

hmmm death metal seems like a more fitting genre for that song

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Commie NedFlanders posted:

While the good news is glorious, for someone just beginning their relationship with God, it's important to remember the wise words from the first chapter of Proverbs:

God is the almighty alpha and omega, we must never forget this

I really like that scene in Forrest Gump where Lt. Dan has his moment of confrontation with God. He foolishly charges God, and witnesses a glimpse of his power and his grace.

the next time there is a thunder storm nearby, take some time to meditate and pray and witness the sheer awesome power of God. Learn to listen to God and it will be easier to witness how He listens to you

A work of fiction wherein a bumbling and literal retard is the greatest hero for the U.S. is a super fitting vehicle for religious comparison, good selection.

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape

quote:

Is Homosexuality A Sin?

It’s not just a sin; it’s an abomination! It is a sin so wicked and evil, God especially hates it. It’s something which defiles the body, the surrounding environment, and above all – God hates it. The Bible is very clear on this, and on the rightful punishment for homosexuals:

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

The Bible states clearly that homosexuals should be convicted and swiftly put to death! Now, I’m not saying I’m going to do it, or that you should do it – that is the duty of our governments; sadly, our governments are of Satan and actively encourage this perversion, rather than punish it.

http://deanministries.page.tl/Homosexuality-And-The-Bible.htm

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
jesus christ = ultimate whore

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

mdm posted:

You're siding with the moneychangers?

It was their right to be there and it made sense for the temple to get a piece of the action by hosting them on temple grounds. They provided vital services along with the guys who sold sacrificial animals, bc ppl coming in from distant lands couldn't always haul their own livestock along with them. It wasnt uncommon back in the day and it was just an extension of the palace economy that exists in ancient places, control the places where ppl do business and tax them there.

Religion is a business like anything else and jesus was an rear end in a top hat for loving with them. If u dont like walmart u dont buy from them, u dont barge in self righteously and wreck their stores thats trashy as gently caress

E: maybe disnet world is a better comparison than walmart, its still run by a lovely soulless company but ppl want to visit it for fun. Like ok 5dollar water is stupid but beating up the guy in the goofy suit over it is even stupider

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 10, 2015

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

whoflungpoop posted:

If u dont like walmart u dont buy from them, u dont barge in self righteously and wreck their stores thats trashy as gently caress

How would that be any different from average walmart shoppers?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

Religion is a business like anything else and jesus was an rear end in a top hat for loving with them. If u dont like walmart u dont buy from them, u dont barge in self righteously and wreck their stores thats trashy as gently caress

E: maybe disnet world is a better comparison than walmart, its still run by a lovely soulless company but ppl want to visit it for fun. Like ok 5dollar water is stupid but beating up the guy in the goofy suit over it is even stupider

I kinda agree but I hate the 'just don't shop there then' thing, as if Walmart (and other big corporations like Amazon) aren't purposefully doing everything they can (including selling at a loss) to eliminate competition. Unfair business practices and monopolies need some sort of regulation other than 'just don't buy there then.'

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
JC was the ultimate SJW.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Moridin920 posted:

Unfair business practices and monopolies need some sort of regulation other than 'just don't buy there then.'
Yeah thats fine, but one guy going in and smashing up their place of business is not regulation or a valid call for reform. Its just vandalism and it never ends well for anyone involved and never hurts the ppl ur trying to hurt and really only hurts the ppl at thw bottom who prolly agree with ur ideas but now think ur a complete loving prick for making their lovely job even shittier by having to undo ur temper tantrum and wont bother intervening on ur behalf when the romans go all thumpy on ur hands and feet

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Nodelphi posted:

JC was the ultimate SJW.

dont tell breitbart.com that

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Nodelphi posted:

JC was the ultimate SJW.

fags and trannies are cool but that gamergate poo poo is retarded

[edit] I like big bouncy titties in my escapist fantastical video games

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You should read the book "The Bad Jesus" the first scholarly book that doesn't suck his Jesus' dick.

It's a good book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

Yeah thats fine, but one guy going in and smashing up their place of business is not regulation or a valid call for reform. Its just vandalism and it never ends well for anyone involved and never hurts the ppl ur trying to hurt and really only hurts the ppl at thw bottom who prolly agree with ur ideas but now think ur a complete loving prick for making their lovely job even shittier by having to undo ur temper tantrum and wont bother intervening on ur behalf when the romans go all thumpy on ur hands and feet

Yeah fair enough I'm not advocating all that.

Idiot Jesus throws out the money changers on some hype power trip and meanwhile the merchant comes in the next day and goes 'lol' and leaves because he can't consolidate all his random currencies and set up shop to sell his wares that week. Might as well just move on to the next town instead of dealing with all that crap.

SO now the poor people trying to get some olive oil or whatever are screwed and Jesus comes by and is just like 'eat bread and water my son maybe I'll give you a fishing pole lol.'

Dick.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 11, 2015

• Locked thread