Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

Are you also aware that you don't just keep the clamshell on top of your car at all times.

buddy what the gently caress is a clam shell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

it was an STi, and has an extremely unusually low depreciation (at least in the last few years), although geography is a factor. In 2006 I bought a 2004 for $21,000, ten years later it was worth $26,000 lol

had a '06 WRX, hosed around to get more easy pwr out of it, put 50,000mi on the odo, found out that the motor lost 50% compression and decided to list it instead of love it. bought for 12, sold it for 10 to some flat billed rube from Maine 3yrs later

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

actionjackson posted:

you mean buick

Nigga where the gently caress you live you still see buicks

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

Nigga where the gently caress you live you still see buicks

tucson, az

theyre everywhere

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Prawned posted:

Subaru drivers are good and cool people.

And yet they are terrible drivers. Makes you think.

ROFLburger posted:

buddy what the gently caress is a clam shell

ROFLburger posted:

tucson, az

Sorry dude I didn't know

I just didn't know

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Delsaber posted:

I like the Baja. I went to find a good image, but instead I found this:

holy poo poo i want this :stare:

not so extreme but yeah

thats my jam

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

Sorry dude I didn't know

I just didn't know

buicks and prius's everywhere. no one approaches the speed limit.

stay away

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

are these hipster clothes now? these are the clothes my parents have had in a closet of their storage room for the past 20 years

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

i'm serious my dad wore that leather jacket in 1994

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

these are the clothes my parents have had in a closet of their storage room for the past 20 years
which is exactly why hipsters wear them

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sheep-Goats posted:

Are you also aware that you don't just keep the clamshell on top of your car at all times.

it's so they can go "heh yeah we love outdoors, hiking, beaches,c amping. we're definitely relax and chronically unafraid of nature, in fact we want to gently caress it because we are that chill and interesting. unlike those boring people!"

either that or they had the shop put it on and are incompetent enough not to know how to take it on off. and/or they rent and have no place to store it if it's not ontop of the car (this would be my case but i wouldn't pack more than could fit in the trunk and would never had one, but if i did i'd have to leave it ontop all the time).

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

symbolic posted:

which is exactly why hipsters wear them

i know but those are reaaaaaly ugly rags

like holy poo poo

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

My Saturn will outlive me and everyone I know.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

if somebody pulls some ridiculously dangerous maneuver on the freeway at high speed that makes you go "holy poo poo what a dick" there is a 95% chance it is an audi

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Tuxedo Gin posted:

if somebody pulls some ridiculously dangerous maneuver on the freeway at high speed that makes you go "holy poo poo what a dick" there is a 95% chance it is an audi
well. it's like 40% audi and 45% BMW 3 series

e: those two cars you can definitely stereotype and hit it 97% of the time.

like you can't really do the same for Prius drivers since they run whole 9-yard range from crazy speed demon to slow-poke left-laner. generally though i think they're more on the speedy-side, but cautious side, at least around here but it's sort of a crapshoot. same for trucks, you easily remember the rear end in a top hat in ford HDD supermax 5000+ DIESEL who rides your rear end while you're in the right lane while you're already going 85 MPH, but ive seen a lot who're pretty chill and let people in, usually go more or less flow of traffic/speed limit so it's pretty evenly distributed.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 6, 2015

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Xaris posted:

well. it's like 40% audi and 45% BMW 3 series

kill and eat the rich

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

A misanthrope posted:

kill and eat the rich

actually eat the pseudo-rich who think they're a class up than they are, cause that poo poo aint what rich people buy

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Subaru drivers in the mountain west tend to be the most conscientious and efficient drives on the road. Except the kids in the doriftuuuuu beat rear end old turbo models. I suspect those are the primary subaru owners in the rest of the country.

Boy are the NA models underpowered though. Gotta plan ahead when you gotta go uphill.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Xaris posted:

actually eat the pseudo-rich who think they're a class up than they are, cause that poo poo aint what rich people buy

this too

eat em all

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Subaru drivers in the mountain west tend to be the most conscientious and efficient drives on the road. Except the kids in the doriftuuuuu beat rear end old turbo models. I suspect those are the primary subaru owners in the rest of the country.

Boy are the NA models underpowered though. Gotta plan ahead when you gotta go uphill.

It seems like half the cars in Coloado are Subarus.

also this thread has it so wrong, it is Kia drivers who are the biggest morons on the road

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Meta Ridley posted:

It seems like half the cars in Coloado are Subarus.

also this thread has it so wrong, it is Kia drivers who are the biggest morons on the road

maybe that's a regional thing, but like maybe only 0.5% of the cars i see are Kias. and considering that a significant portion of drivers are the biggest morons, i dont see how that's possible

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I think it's OK, guys. Subaru drivers got this.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Subaru drivers in the mountain west tend to be the most conscientious and efficient drives on the road.

If by conscientious and efficient you mean slow as gently caress and ignorant of whats going on around them yeah, exactly.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Of course BMW drivers are assholes, but at least they're competent drivers who don't block up the loving road because of the fear that resides in their lovely beard.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Any maneuver done fast enough gets a pass.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I don't know what a Subaru is, I only drive the Ultimate Driving Machine (BMW) :hehe:

but I also have a Toyota :smith:

Slapdash
Mar 30, 2010
Pruton will do whatever it takes to keep his lady safe between trips to the yoga studio and Whole Foods. That tempeh stew they put in the crock pot is going to taste mighty fine after the final Shavasana.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
subaru is okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7gmbQ8KxM4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Worst cars to be behind:

1. Grand Caravan