Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

hopterque posted:

why is anyone making generalizations about the gameplay based on this demo, y'all should know better by now. The demo is a 6 month or so old build and the retail game will play basically completely differently.

My main gripes with 16 were heading was impossible + psychic keepers and interceptions. This build while not indicative of the final product suggests they addressed all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
So what exactly does threaded through pass do?

I've been trying to experiment with it, I can't tell like consistently what the difference is.

Sometimes I feel like it hits it harder, sometimes it hits it softer. It's supposed to add more curve but I can't tell that this is always the case. I think it's maybe for like putting people through on goal but I feel like it still has the same problem a lot of times of hitting it way forward at the keeper when I just wanted it slightly in front of the dude

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Seltzer posted:

My main gripes with 16 were heading was impossible + psychic keepers and interceptions. This build while not indicative of the final product suggests they addressed all that.

the headers thing isn't true at all, i was banging in headers with guys like danny, candreva, promes and loving shatov coming off the wing

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Well I wasn't and I tried a lot of different poo poo. Maybe you found the exact way to do it but the keepers hoovering up the ball in a large semi circle in front of goal was unrealistic and happened all the time. Also I never had headers scored on me and tons of people complained about heading online. It was easier in 15 and perfect in 13.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
13 headers were way too easy imo, I think that was 13 at least, where everyone's gameplan was just run down the wing and cross. Maybe it was 14, but I think 13 is the one where headers were stupid strong.

You could do it this year but you had to have either an actual man advantage where your crosser was completely unmarked and thwere were only the two CBs in the box so your guys had tons of room, or you could do it in a spot where like your strikers were basically even with your CB and you early crossed it like once you crossed the edge of the box line on the field and the strikers would just hit it running. Doing anything other than those two setups didn't really work very well though.

Edit: I also think even in 16 height/weight doesn't matter as much as it should for headers and I've seen Messi straight up beat a good CB who is marking him and they are both just standing there way more times than should really happen which is probably 0

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 15, 2016

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
New corner/set piece mechanic is neat, seems like the threaded through pass functions like a manual through pass, just kind of dumps it into an area for a run on?

Scored a neat scissor kick off of a corner with thiago silva;
https://youtu.be/GInuRPffPt8

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I think the demo plays a lot like 16.

Couldn't really figure out the set pieces at all but it seemed like my players were just kicking them to the right areas regardless of what buttons i pressed so no biggie.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Once you aim, all the bar does is control the power as in like how hard it tries to kick it to that spot

So if you want to do a driven cross you do a lot of power and a short click puts up a big lob

Also, anyone gonna make a 17 thread?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
My is the AI on World Class and Legendary terrible, it just plays cowardly possession with its back four and finishes every match with 70% possession and 4 shots on goal.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yep, I was kinda worried at first because I played like 10 games and scored 2 goals total then I watched Hektic_Jukez (probably the best streamer in the world afaik) play the demo and he scored like 2 goals in 5 games, the AI is just painful to play.

I also learned that this year the go-to finish method inside the box only is to do a low driven shot (charge up shot to like 2-3 bars then tap shoot again) to the far post.

This will probably be worth repeating at the beginning of the next thread.

Near post shots have been seriously nerfed.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
any updates on when the 17 fut web app is going up? it's usually a week before the full game release

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

vivisectvnv posted:

any updates on when the 17 fut web app is going up? it's usually a week before the full game release

Should be today at 7 GMT or so I think.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Web app is up and they actually explained chemistry with equations and spread sheets. I'll make a new thread shortly

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i guess web app is now invite only, what the hell, is it only going to be available for people that got in to the beta or have EA early access or whatever?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

vivisectvnv posted:

i guess web app is now invite only, what the hell, is it only going to be available for people that got in to the beta or have EA early access or whatever?

It should be for everybody soon, unsurprisingly EA hosed up and they're 'fixing it' as of an hour ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

New thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790956

I might add more info if I feel like it later but it'll do

• Locked thread