Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Ok so it sounds like loot has been decided.

Mel - shapeshifty sword
Emen - still has the same mace
Coop - sunblade
Marros - necklace of fireballs (7 charges)

Monk hasnt even posted about it so I dont care if Emen gets nothing. Moving on!

Everyone finished a short rest, spending hit dice to heal up if you want. The other room was pretty empty, it had a false sarcophagus with nothing in it, even after taking 20 to search since I'm skipping over it. That wraps up the temple.

In other news I've got another baby on the way in about uh 8 days here, so things may get slower. Or faster, hell, I'll be staying home for a few weeks dealing with that and will probably keep posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Spend two HD to go to maximum (27/27) and roll to determine how is babby formed: 1d20+1 19

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Congrats on the baby! I look forward to 2 am updates and half asleep daytime game dialogue about nipples and poop.

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Emen
Spell Sheet.
Spell Slots: 1 2/3
AC:18
HP:30/40(poisioned)
HD:2/4
Congradulations! also Emen will be expending 2 hit dice 2d10 3

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Ok, moving on. You manage a few more hours of travel.

Coop, during that time you get used to the sword, and realize it doesn't come without some annoying side effects. Dawnbringer is an intelligent blade, and she's been trapped in the Underdark for who-knows how long. As a result, she is...scared of the dark. She freaks out and lights up on her own. She prefers that her blade is always present and shedding light. This makes you a beacon in the darkness, not a good thing.

You can accept that or try to hide her away (she really won't like it), your choice.

Anyway, as everyone moves down a long and narrow passageway, you hear clacking noises coming ahead. It's pretty loud. CLAK CLAK CLICKETY CLAK. There's a more distant sound, too: giggling and rowdiness. Sort of like giggling, at least. A few of you have heard gnolls on the surface before, and that sound is unmistakable. What the hell are gnolls doing in the underdark, and what is the clackity thing?

The passageway continues ahead, but on either side there is a narrow tunnel, tiny enough that size 'large' creatures would have to squeeze through. Whatever is making the sound will be right here in moments, what do you do?

Everyone gets 1 round of actions. All the sounds are coming from the letter 'P' to the right of your party (block S53).

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Marros

See Mr Loot, I could have hidden that blade away magically but noooooooo

I'll ready Eldritch Blast, and ask Sarith what might be making that noise

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Emen
Spell Sheet.
Spell Slots: 1 2/3
AC:18
HP:33/40
HD:2/4

Moving up to U53 and reading a dodge.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Pez posted:

I could have hidden that blade away magically but noooooooo

ritorix posted:

She prefers that her blade is always present and shedding light.
Coop
36HP

Coop retroactively spends a hit die (2/3)
HD: 1d10+2 9
and 1 point of lay on hands (14/15)

He tries to persuade Dawn Diane to compromise on the light situation. He cuts a scabbard mostly in half, so half the blade would be covered, looks at the sword and speaks to her, "Diane, every dawn is also a sunset. If you wear a side bang hairdo, you'll light the way without blinding those whose eyes have never seen the Sun, but who still would help me carry you back to the surface so you might see it again. When the time comes for us to fight together, I assure you it will be with both eyes open."

He smiles candidly, "Either way, you look sensational."
persuade: 1d20+3 12

Whether that works or not, Coop bids Derendil to move up to U57 and both of them dodge

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Sorry, Coop, but sentient items work a bit differently (DMG p216). They have a chance of making you see things their way, forcefully.

Make a DC14 Charisma save. If you fail it charms you for a few hours, during which it of course wants to be held high and bright. If you save you can do whatever, and something else will happen.

Sarith responds quickly to Marros.

"It's probably a hook horror. Nasty critter that dwells all over the Underdark. But gnolls don't live in the Underdark; I don't know why they would be here too."

ritorix fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 17, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

cha save: 1d20+5 19

If she says no, I don't get charmed but I still do what she says. If things go wrong then I'll try another tack later.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
"Ok if you think that's best, just please don't leave me alone like Brysis did. I would just die."

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Marros
31 hp 18 AC

"Hook horror huh? Sounds delightful." Instead of Eldritch Blast maybe it's time to try out that necklace instead, ready a FIREBALLLLLLLLL

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Coop
36HP

"Tell me about Brysis sometime. Looks like we may need to fight soon."

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013

Kharkad Snowshoulder (and Buppido)
HP: 24/26 AC: 15 HD:3d6/4d6

Kharkad and Buppido switch places. Kharkad readies Create Bonfire on whatever appears from that side passage, Buppido readies his crossbow on the same.

-------
Cantrips: Create Bonfire, Mage Hand, Mold Earth, Thunderclap
Lvl 1(1/4): Magic Missile, Shield, Sleep
Lvl 2(1/3): Hold Person, Invisibility
(can prepare two additional spells at the end of next long rest)
Arcane Recovery: 0/2 slots

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Mel's just gonna follow Derendil, move to T58, and ready a polite greeting while trying to calm down Kharkad. No need to shoot first and ask questions later!

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013
"Don't shush me! I'm following the lead of the high-Charisma guy!" Kharkad points to Marros and evades responsibility for his actions.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
It's baby time! He came in at 8lbs. Havent forgot about this game but it may be a bit.

:baby:

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013
Oooo, congratulations! I will forgive you for prioritizing your newborn child over online elf simulators for a little while.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Congrats! Take your time, we'll still be around when you have time, enjoy your family time

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
As a consolation prize to the non-posting, I have an extra Steam key for sword coast legends. It's the loosely-5e-based PC game.

If anyone wants it let me know.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I think I should get it to make up for the magic sword fiasco :p

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
PM'd you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks pal!

• Locked thread