Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
i hated the beatles for a long time but eventually i just realized that what i really hate is mysel john loving lennon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

tactlessbastard posted:

i hated the beatles for a long time but eventually i just realized that what i really hate is mysel john loving lennon

now you need to realize that you hate his loving wife

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

tactlessbastard posted:

i hated the beatles for a long time but eventually i just realized that what i really hate is mysel people who idolize john loving lennon

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

now you need to realize that you hate his loving wife

guys who hate yoko are just jealous that she got to gently caress john and they didn't

same with courtney love

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Horniest Manticore posted:

guys who hate yoko are just jealous that she got to gently caress john and they didn't

same with courtney love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22EHOmtWNwI

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

man what a classic show

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

same with courtney love

Chuck Berry hates her too : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9kgu71d81U

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
There was a kid in my middle school who loved the Beatles so much that he adopted a british accent. We made fun of that little fag and listened to cooler stuff like SOAD and Lamb of God

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

He wanted to kick her in the face

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
they're ok, but i do hate paul, so we can high five about that

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Hobohemian posted:

The white album is the one with the paul is dead track "I'm so tired".

The white album contains a few references to Paul's death, yes: the gibberish at the end of I'm so tired, Glass Onion ("the walrus WAS Paul," not IS Paul), and several clues in Revolution #9. But the most profound stuff is in Sgt Pepper, look it up on YouTube. And John even admitted it on How do you sleep at night- "Those freaks were right when they said you was dead!" RIP Paul McCartney mk1, dead in a car accident in 1966.

I also have a theory that Brian Epstein killed himself because of it, but I can't prove it. John definitely struggled with it... speaking of, look up "Paul's" infamous reaction to the news of John's death "Uh, it's a drag, yeah?"

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

The Whole Internet posted:

the beatles were great in their time. they were the most famous, best-selling pop band of their time and rather than playing it safe they began experimenting with their sound, and their experiments were largely successful.

there's a chart that has the #1 singles by year and the contrast is really stark between pre-beatles and post-beatles pop. before, it's all basically sappy doowop that hasn't stood the test of time at all. after, it's the kind of song structures we typically associate with contemporary music. the beatles facilitated that transformation. of course many bands came along and perfected those ideas, and there were new ideas introduced since then that modern ears can't really live without now, but i have mad respect for the beatles. even if sgt pepper and the white album aren't in my top anything lists.
they took what southern artists had been putting out for years and squared it up enough to appeal to the A&R men who had been squaring jazz for a decade

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
pantera is the best american band

snivell
Sep 9, 2015

watch out, my posts are pretty damn edgy
Only song I like is blackbird.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

pantera is the best american band

Kid Rock is way better than Pantera

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DeadBlack posted:

Kid Rock is way better than Pantera

you could not be more wrong

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Gazpacho posted:

rolling stones are also lame & rode their youthful good looks to stardom

I still listen to Sticky Fingers all the time, it rules.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

was with a girl who loved put on their albums while we rutted back in the day. rocky racoon was my jam for a while. hearing it now brings back memories of being in her jam

lsd did some amazing things to creative people back in the day though

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Brian eno david bowie is the better bowie?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

real_slime posted:

nobody gives a gently caress about the beatles

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what can i tell you about the beatnix, you ask? well, for starters, bill mcarthur, john st. lemon, jimmy paxton and dingo were goddamn heros and theyd still be alive if it werent for those goddamn gooks,

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

this is a good programme

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

pound those bongos dingo my old boy! jonaton play your sitar, hare krishna krishna krishna! paulie, fetch me a wagon wheel, we'll hang it in the studio so we can immerse ourselves in more of those saloon era tunes that you adore. and the 4th one i forget your name: grow a mustache, grow your hair long so you stand out, but keep twiddling those cords on your favourite harp you filthy lil fucker

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ZFNaN02l8

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
I love Abbey road but could take or leave just about everything else they ever wrote.

But I'm a certified prog a holic, so pure pop bores me.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far cock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.

cam ehere to post this

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
Also, Ringo was the most popular Beatle during their day, and received the most fan mail. He's also the only one still alive. Unless we count Pete Best, idk if he's alive or not.

See, I'm a fan of "the beatles." We are called "Beatlemaniacs!"

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

same with courtney love

From National Lampoon's Radio Dinner (1972) album.
Sung to the tune of Paul McCartney's single Give Ireland back to the Irish .

Give Ireland back to the Irish
Give Lapland back to the Lapps
Give Taiwan back to the Chinese
And Yoko back to the Japs

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i like blue train man is that a good tune!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

which of the beatles has been canonized eh???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Coltrane#Religious_figure

• Locked thread