Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Just install a small flamethrower at the beef maws gaping hole to incinerate the fetid blood waste as it falls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Verily I Shat posted:

I imagine that having a cashier ring you up for some tampons could potentially be really embarassing, especially if they have them behind the counter or something and you have to ask for them specifically. What are some ways to minimize the awkwardness of buying tampons?

Im a guy

stop being a bitch

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I think a better question is how do I stop my self from buying tampons every time I go to the store because its so easy for me to do and no sweat at all that I sometimes do it by accident even. In fact when the cashier sees me approaching the checkout he takes a box of tampons out from under the counter and scans it in advance because he can tell I have a gf just to look at me

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
I've found that putting the tampons in before buying them makes their purchase much less awkward in comparison.

Especially if I don't take them out of the box first.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
it's a fact of life so whats the hangup? just loving buy them with a straight face.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Date dudes. Or Use the self checkout if you are self conscious you baby.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Before entering the store, just nick your Femoral Artery at the top of your leg.
While the blood is flowing freely down your leg (for best results wear a dress) walk in and get the tampons.
No one will mention a thing as they can see you obviously need them.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Crawl out of the store on all fours, meowing all the way.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Go in with your best friend and blow him at the cashier to diffuse the tension and proclaim your homosexuality pre-emptively. Take back the power the tampons stole from you.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

can you imagine, being embarassed to buy condoms, or tampons, or really anything while in a store?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Go in with your best friend and blow him at the cashier to diffuse the tension and proclaim your homosexuality pre-emptively. Take back the power the tampons stole from you.

nothing more masculine than two dudes fuckin honestly

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Buy them the same way you buy condoms, whatever that may be. Be creative!

Buy a bunch of other random stuff too if you're that much of a loving coward

Buffer Overflow
Sep 3, 2006
Interweb Addict
The cashier will be way to put off by your spree-killer-in-training nervous vibe to worry about what you are buying op. I'm sure she will just try to get you out of the store as quick as possible so you don't have a supreme gentleman moment right there.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

can you imagine, being embarassed to buy condoms, or tampons, or really anything while in a store?

The first time I bought enemas I was like "it's a gag gift" that is one of the dumbest things I've ever said. Now I'm like hey got a coupon for those. Tampons are the least of my problems.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I worked as a cashier one summer and liked to speculate what people were going to cook based on what they bought, buying medicine or sanitary goods really didn't concern me at all. :)

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Verily I Shat (out this thread)

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Just loving buy them holy poo poo FYI the cashier hated you before you even set your purchase on the checkstand

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bobcats posted:

Just loving buy them holy poo poo FYI the cashier hated you before you even set your purchase on the checkstand

They don't hate you. They hate loving Sheila the dayshift manager who decided to schedule them to come in on their day off because their co-worker called in sick (aka hungover) and they're thinking about how they can't wait for lunch so they can get off their feet for a few minutes and check their phone and the nerdy dude who's doing a loving terrible job at looking inconspicuous as he shuffles up, face red with embarrassment, and slides a box of tampons that's hidden under a magazine on to the counter barely even registers on their give a gently caress meter but still they have to smile and act super interested in whatever lameass joke the guy's got about the tampons that they've already heard thousands and thousands of times day in and day out and once the nerdy guy is checked out and away from their immediate vision that person may not even exist for all the thought they'll give him

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

im gay

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

tell them that it makes your post-enema clean up waaay easier.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Robo Reagan posted:

They don't hate you. They hate loving Sheila the dayshift manager who decided to schedule them to come in on their day off because their co-worker called in sick (aka hungover)
They hate every customer, the manager, and almost every co-worker.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
You have two options:

1. Buy some tampons, maxi pads, diapers and windshield washer fluid. Tell the cashier you're going to conduct some experiments.

2. Buy some tampons, scissors, crayons and little googly eyes. The cashier will understand.

Tampons don't have expiration dates. So go on Amazon and buy a lifetime supply. Problem solved.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Don't worry, I'm sure the cashier is only thinking "These must be for his mom, 'cause there's no goddamn way this loser has a girlfriend".

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

I used to be embarrassed to buy tampons and stuff but then I started thinking why the gently caress did I care if the cashier knew I had a period like almost all other non menopausal women? hth

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

ChairmanMeow posted:

The first time I bought enemas I was like "it's a gag gift" that is one of the dumbest things I've ever said. Now I'm like hey got a coupon for those. Tampons are the least of my problems.

One time I ended up buying pretty much every kind of constipation and hemorrhoid product Walgreens carried. I felt a tiny bit sheepish, but what can you do?

They'll check out non-Rx items at the pharmacy counter if you only have a couple. I've always wondered if they'd let me buy benzos and beer on the same transaction.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
Just do it, puss.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
I have never had this problem because...
I AM A MALE AND HAVE NEVER HAD THE NEED TO PURCHASE TAMPONS.
Unless I have to pack a bullet wound and that's what the ER is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
My wife makes me buy them every month, I just keep my face in my phone reading dumb poo poo while at the checkout stand.

• Locked thread