Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I imagine that having a cashier ring you up for some crampons could potentially be really embarassing, especially if they are avid climbers and you specific questions about your favorite slopes and what other equipment you use. What are some ways to minimize the awkwardness of buying crampons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
What's a crampon?

Also, was expecting a "How do you buy condos without it being awkward?" next so kudos on upturning expectations.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 11, 2015

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
you have to buy a bunch of random stuff along side the crampons, thats what i do

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hobohemian posted:

What's a crampon?
it's like spikes you attach to boots and they're used for climbing.

also op thinks they're hilarious because they rhyme with "tampons"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Hobohemian posted:

What's a crampon?

It's when you get a horrible cramp in your groin at thee moment of orgasm.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

What's a crampon?

look at this N00b :rolleyes: do you even climb?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crampons

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

it's like spikes you attach to boots and they're used for climbing.

also op thinks they're hilarious because they rhyme with "tampons"

I don't think that's why they're hilarious, TBH.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Applewhite posted:

I don't think that's why they're hilarious, TBH.
that's literally the only joke you can make about crampons that doesn't involve murdering someone with them

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

that's literally the only joke you can make about crampons that doesn't involve murdering someone with them

Well yes it's the only joke you can make about crampons specifically but it opens up a whole bunch of other potential jokes about climbers and obnoxious outdoorsy people.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Well yes it's the only joke you can make about crampons specifically but it opens up a whole bunch of other potential jokes about climbers and obnoxious outdoorsy people.
here's a joke for you:

going outdoors

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

here's a joke for you:

going outdoors

*snorting laughter*

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i shoved the crampons up my wife and she is trying to call the police help goons

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

JiveHonky posted:

i shoved the crampons up my wife and she is trying to call the police help goons

She should call an ambulance, what are the police gonna do?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

symbolic posted:

The Venture Brothers posted:

DR. ORPHEUS
Yes, I hear them! Dean loves you! He understands and... forgives you! But Hank, no, Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumbum... or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him.

BROCK
Isn't a crampon a little hook for mountain climbing?

DR. VENTURE
He's definitely calling me a crumbum.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

My crampons are not very absorbent. Anyone got some tips on how to improve them? Wool socks won't fit.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

JiveHonky posted:

say you were performing an abortion

naem
May 29, 2011

smooty chicken

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

symbolic posted:

you could do a wax on/wax off cramp on/cramp off joke

boom headshot idiot

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

op i have a serious question for you and i need you to be honest with me: are crampons like a tampon but they weigh 50 lbs and cause vaginal cramps?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's easy op just try not to be 'that guy' who loudly announces he's climbing everest and just say you're gunning for shishipangma or Cho oyu or something more laid back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Also take advantage of their insurance options if you're gunning for Annapurna there's a good chance you'll lose them as a falling serac detaches and crushes you beneath tons of ice and snow

• Locked thread