Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
noam chomsky is a hack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Those weren't American lives, so the deaths are less sad.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

yea they're worth at best 3/5 of an american life

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Backed the wrong superpower, idiots.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Agreed OP been to long since the last time we overthrew a communist party and installed a dictatorship.

It should be our goal every September 11th

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Allende wasnt even a Communist; he was a milquetoast social democrat

however the CIA knew that Cybersyn, if activated, would eventually pose a threat to humanity akin to that of the fictional SkyNet from the Terminator series of motion pictures, so they had no choice but to depose Allende to prevent it from being used

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

60000 is the rough number of people falsely imprisoned, tortured, and murdered by the pinochet regime. the murders total around 3000. learn some things before you start spouting your head facts

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I forgot it was 9/11 today, sorry everyone

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
You know when I watched Manufacturing Consent? I was tripping balls on two tabs of Ex (Mitsubishis if you were wondering) and three hits of acid. This is back when they just called it "ex" and not "Molly" or whatever the gently caress. Heavy poo poo man. I wanted to watch The Wall or The Big Lebowski or something but the guy whose house it was didn't realize that most of us were hosed up and he was like, "you have to see this, it will seriously blow your mind" and it did, but not really in the way I wanted. Anyway that's my 60000 dead in Chile Allande story thanks for listening.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Network Pesci posted:

You know when I watched Manufacturing Consent? I was tripping balls on two tabs of Ex (Mitsubishis if you were wondering) and three hits of acid. This is back when they just called it "ex" and not "Molly" or whatever the gently caress. Heavy poo poo man. I wanted to watch The Wall or The Big Lebowski or something but the guy whose house it was didn't realize that most of us were hosed up and he was like, "you have to see this, it will seriously blow your mind" and it did, but not really in the way I wanted. Anyway that's my 60000 dead in Chile Allande story thanks for listening.

that guy did you a favor

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's good the US stopped the Allende genocide from happening.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

clammy posted:

60000 is the rough number of people falsely imprisoned, tortured, and murdered by the pinochet regime. the murders total around 3000. learn some things before you start spouting your head facts

you're right that sounds much better and agreeable

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
"hey guys turns out they didn't imprison, torture and murder tens of thousands of people, it was only thousands, we cool" - a goon

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Noam Chomsky would have more credibility with me, SA user Kuato, if his name was spelled Gnome Chomsky.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

clammy posted:

but how many of those 3000 were folk guitarists?

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Ka0 posted:

"hey guys turns out they didn't imprison, torture and murder tens of thousands of people, it was only thousands, we cool" - a goon

fundamental attribution error much? just because i correct someone who's lamenting imaginary bad things exaggerated to an order of magnitude beyond the actual bad things doesn't mean i like the bad things

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
South Americans brag about never having been in a world war, but were really just too busy murdering themselves.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

idiot: wow it's a thousand degrees in here! i'm so hot!
me: actually it's only 85 degrees in here. i agree it feels hot though. let's turn up the a/c
idiot: WOW OKAY WELL I GUESS SINCE ITS ONLY 85 IN loving DOORS THEN IT MUST BE OKAY
me: :rolleyes::fh:

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
waiter theres 60000 Dead in my chilie!!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

clammy posted:

fundamental attribution error much? just because i correct someone who's lamenting imaginary bad things exaggerated to an order of magnitude beyond the actual bad things doesn't mean i like the bad things

i guess the problem rears its head when it becomes fascist apologetics

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/07/chile-coup-pinochet-allende

Well I'll always remember 9/11 as both American and Chilean casualties to be fair and impartial.

And not really gaf about either

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
good.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
those poors wont mass kill themselves op

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Haha these a country called chili

Probably stinks like beans

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Bible posted:

Those weren't American lives, so the deaths are less sad.

Some of them were.

Charles Horman
Frank Teruggi

Apparently, the CIA had something to do with their deaths.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Young Freud posted:

Some of them were.

Charles Horman
Frank Teruggi

what a surprise. More americans killed by their government on 9/11.

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.

clammy posted:

one angry american

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no matter who, when or where you are, 3000 red south americans are more desirable than a single red north american. basic fact of life

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Young Freud posted:

Some of them were.

Charles Horman
Frank Teruggi

sure, according to a chilean court's findings. are you really going to trust a chilean court, after all those people they arbitrarily detained and sentenced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
lefties lathering themselves into a rage about pinochet is always good for a laugh. op why don't you and 60,000 of your lf buds arm yourselves and march on wall street and dc. then post a thread to let us know how things turn out tia.

• Locked thread