Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

gonadic io posted:

Speak of the devil, Cknoor is running one. It's called Mr Hadwick Mixer and is open application for 1kTV. There'll be streams tomorrow and next sat which will inevitably be crowded , but I'm trying to get some games before then. Spinning right now with
4 Saurus
3 Kislev Catcher
1 Kislev Blitzer
3 Zon lino

and

3 Gunners,
2 Chaos warriors
4 Beastmen,
1 DE Blitzer,
1 Goblin

Oh wow I need to get in on this! I was looking at a "Super Norse" team:

Chaos Dwarf Blocker
Chaos Dwarf Blocker
Chaos Dwarf Blocker
Chaos Dwarf Blocker
Chaos Dwarf Blocker
Skaven Stormvermin
Skaven Stormvermin
Ork Blitzer
Ork Blitzer
Ork Blitzer
Ork Blitzer
2 Rerolls

11 guys starting with block, and using the Skaven as the ball runners.

I also may try to figure out an ultimate elven team. I think you can squeeze in 6 blitzers to start with the Pro Elf linemen. Or maybe an AFS team with 6 Saurus and 2 Ulfs... so many fun sounding combinations I may try.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Blood bowl 2 is on sale again, but this time through Humble Store! https://www.humblebundle.com/store/blood-bowl-2-legendary-edition

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

deathbagel posted:

Oh wow I need to get in on this! I was looking at a "Super Norse" team:

I also may try to figure out an ultimate elven team. I think you can squeeze in 6 blitzers to start with the Pro Elf linemen. Or maybe an AFS team with 6 Saurus and 2 Ulfs... so many fun sounding combinations I may try.

So far I've played with
1) Kislev+Saur, which wasn't great,
2) Necro with 4 Tomb Guardians, which IS great
3) Dauntless humans (norse and bret), with 2 Kislev Catchers. Seems worse than just having 4 strength.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

gonadic io posted:

So far I've played with
1) Kislev+Saur, which wasn't great,

Nonsense, double the big guys, double the power. That's what makes Ogres unbeatable.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mr. Squishy posted:

Nonsense, double the big guys, double the power. That's what makes Ogres unbeatable.

I did play a game with a Krox, a Bear, and a level 2 merc Yhetee with MB. Went pretty well really.

The one I like most so far though was my Dauntless gimmick team - 2 Norse Runners, 3 Bret blitzers, 2 Kislev catchers, 3RR and assorted linos.

On the whole it seemed a bit worse than the 6 saur + 4 orc blitzer + whatever team that seems to be the most common one out there.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

deathbagel posted:

dont worry i already figured out the ultimate elven team. start with the goodness mixed team or whatever, buy 3 trees, 2 dancers and rest in flings and 3 rrs. later on you can buy a woodie thrower or something else.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Iretep posted:

dont worry i already figured out the ultimate elven team. start with the goodness mixed team or whatever, buy 3 trees, 2 dancers and rest in flings and 3 rrs. later on you can buy a woodie thrower or something else.

Nah, with the way I roll 1s trees would do nothing but stand in one place for me all game. That's if they manage to drag themselves off of the ground.

Also, my armor 8 acts as most people's armor 7 so halflings wouldn't last more than a few turns.

Looking at the elf team, that's my biggest fear... AV 7 linemen. But to get a bunch of great positionals you'd have to start with the Pro Elf linemen.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

FoolyCharged posted:

This weekend i made a chaos team where I picked up the mino and his first game, I got a touchback and decided to big guy ball. Taking his touchdown in that game and his next oppenents taking a dirt nap as a sign from nuffle i handed him the ball in his second game. Repeatedly. Three touchdowns worth repeatedly.

I like this cow.

That happened to me once. It was turn 5 before I was able to move the Mino.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I'm currently debating what to take to a tournament in a few weeks. I've got a couple of choices: a skaven team which might actually do quite well, or a goblin team focusing on an ag4 dodging, leaping looney. I know what I should take, but...

God I love this game.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Is there a current Discord server/link for BB2 folks? I just picked up the game and I've got a rough idea of what I'm doing but want to play with "cool" people maybe.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

dscruffy1 posted:

Is there a current Discord server/link for BB2 folks? I just picked up the game and I've got a rough idea of what I'm doing but want to play with "cool" people maybe.

https://discord.gg/2zTwJB

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

I think I met the unluckiest guy ever.

1. Plays Goblins against my Nurgle. Loses the coin toss, gets forced to defend themselves.
2. Manages to survive the first turn with only one troll and one goblin down.
3. Tries to stand up with the Troll. Rolls 1 on Extremely Stupid. Tries to reroll, but fails because of Loner.
4. Attacks my Nurgle Warrior with his second Troll. Rolls 1 on foul appearance.
5. Attacks my Beast of Nurgle with his Goblin Fanatic. Rolls two skulls, has nothing to reroll them with.
6. Rolls for armor. It breaks.
7. Rolls for injury. The fanatic dies and he has no Apothecary.
8. Concede.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
You should expect that every time you play gobbo and roll with the punches, tbh

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yeah, gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrimsonWolf
Aug 4, 2007

Yep that without the concede is pretty much gobblins.text

• Locked thread