Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Deaf mutes can't say no, op. That's a little loop hole I found ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

trains and pokemon, two great tastes that taste great together

work sonic and minerafts into it and lets make some fuckin money

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Mange Mite posted:

trains and pokemon, two great tastes that taste great together

work sonic and minerafts into it and lets make some fuckin money

It's a Simpsons joke, dude.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hector Beerlioz posted:

idgi

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Counterpoint, OP: what if you don't want to have sex with someone and this hurts their feelings, what THEN smart guy?????

Hector Beerlioz posted:

yeah that's WAY less nerdy :rolleye:

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's "whom" actually.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
If some guy is hitting on a women in a bar, regardless if she's into it, the best course of action is every male within 30 feet should rush in and shout "IS THIS GUY BOTHERING YOU?!". She'll see what a stud these protective guys are, and those panties will just drop.

Titter
Jul 30, 2015

by Ralp

loquacius posted:

Counterpoint, OP: what if you don't want to have sex with someone and this hurts their feelings, what THEN smart guy?????

Then I come to defend myself and to prove how unreasonable are all those who blame me for their sorrow; and therefore I ask all of you that are here to give me your attention, for will not take much time or many words to bring the truth home to persons of sense.

Heaven has made me, so you say, beautiful, and so much so that in spite of yourselves my beauty leads you to love me; and for the love you show me you say, and even urge, that I am bound to love you. By that natural understanding which God has given me I know that everything beautiful attracts love, but I cannot see how, by reason of being loved, that which is loved for its beauty is bound to love that which loves it; besides, it may happen that the lover of that which is beautiful may be ugly, and ugliness being detestable, it is very absurd to say, "I love thee because thou art beautiful, thou must love me though I be ugly." 

But supposing the beauty equal on both sides, it does not follow that the inclinations must be therefore alike, for it is not every beauty that excites love, some but pleasing the eye without winning the affection; and if every sort of beauty excited love and won the heart, the will would wander vaguely to and fro unable to make choice of any; for as there is an infinity of beautiful objects there must be an infinity of inclinations, and true love, I have heard it said, is indivisible, and must be voluntary and not compelled. 

If this be so, as I believe it to be, why do you desire me to bend my will by force, for no other reason but that you say you love me? Nay- tell me- had Heaven made me ugly, as it has made me beautiful, could I with justice complain of you for not loving me? Moreover, you must remember that the beauty I possess was no choice of mine, for, be it what it may, Heaven of its bounty gave it me without my asking or choosing it; and as the viper, though it kills with it, does not deserve to be blamed for the poison it carries, as it is a gift of nature, neither do I deserve reproach for being beautiful; for beauty in a modest woman is like fire at a distance or a sharp sword; the one does not burn, the other does not cut, those who do not come too near. 

Honour and virtue are the ornaments of the mind, without which the body, though it be so, has no right to pass for beautiful; but if modesty is one of the virtues that specially lend a grace and charm to mind and body, why should she who is loved for her beauty part with it to gratify one who for his pleasure alone strives with all his might and energy to rob her of it? I was born free, and that I might live in freedom I chose the solitude of the fields; in the trees of the mountains I find society, the clear waters of the brooks are my mirrors, and to the trees and waters I make known my thoughts and charms. I am a fire afar off, a sword laid aside.

Those whom I have inspired with love by letting them see me, I have by words undeceived, and if their longings live on hope - and I have given none to any - it cannot justly be said that the death of any is my doing, for it was rather his own obstinacy than my cruelty that killed him; and if it be made a charge against me that his wishes were honourable, and that therefore I was bound to yield to them. I told him that mine was to live in perpetual solitude, and that the earth alone should enjoy the fruits of my retirement and the spoils of my beauty; and if, after this open avowal, he chose to persist against hope and steer against the wind, what wonder is it that he should sink in the depths of his infatuation? If I had encouraged him, I should be false; if I had gratified him, I should have acted against my own better resolution and purpose.

He was persistent in spite of warning, he despaired without being hated. Bethink you now if it be reasonable that his suffering should be laid to my charge. Let him who has been deceived complain, let him give way to despair whose encouraged hopes have proved vain, let him flatter himself whom I shall entice, let him boast whom I shall receive; but let not him call me cruel or homicide to whom I make no promise, upon whom I practise no deception, whom I neither entice nor receive. It has not been so far the will of Heaven that I should love by fate, and to expect me to love by choice is idle.

Let this general declaration serve for each of my suitors on his own account, and let it be understood from this time forth that if anyone dies for me it is not of jealousy or misery he dies, for she who loves no one can give no cause for jealousy to any, and candour is not to be confounded with scorn. Let him who calls me wild beast and basilisk, leave me alone as something noxious and evil; let him who calls me ungrateful, withhold his service; who calls me wayward, seek not my acquaintance; who calls me cruel, pursue me not; for this wild beast, this basilisk, this ungrateful, cruel, wayward being has no kind of desire to seek, serve, know, or follow them.

If his own impatience and violent passion killed him, why should my modest behaviour and circumspection be blamed? If I preserve my purity in the society of the trees, why should he who would have me preserve it among men, seek to rob me of it? I have, as you know, wealth of my own, and I covet not that of others; my taste is for freedom, and I have no relish for constraint; I neither love nor hate anyone; I do not deceive this one or court that, or trifle with one or play with another. The modest converse of the shepherd girls of these hamlets and the care of my goats are my recreations; my desires are bounded by these mountains, and if they ever wander hence it is to contemplate the beauty of the heavens, steps by which the soul travels to its primeval abode.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Nosam0819 posted:

my dick normally chooses for me.

you're being raped by your own dick

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

nice sriracha shirt

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Titter posted:

Then I come to defend myself and to prove how unreasonable are all those who blame me for their sorrow; and therefore I ask all of you that are here to give me your attention, for will not take much time or many words to bring the truth home to persons of sense.

Heaven has made me, so you say, beautiful, and so much so that in spite of yourselves my beauty leads you to love me; and for the love you show me you say, and even urge, that I am bound to love you. By that natural understanding which God has given me I know that everything beautiful attracts love, but I cannot see how, by reason of being loved, that which is loved for its beauty is bound to love that which loves it; besides, it may happen that the lover of that which is beautiful may be ugly, and ugliness being detestable, it is very absurd to say, "I love thee because thou art beautiful, thou must love me though I be ugly." 

But supposing the beauty equal on both sides, it does not follow that the inclinations must be therefore alike, for it is not every beauty that excites love, some but pleasing the eye without winning the affection; and if every sort of beauty excited love and won the heart, the will would wander vaguely to and fro unable to make choice of any; for as there is an infinity of beautiful objects there must be an infinity of inclinations, and true love, I have heard it said, is indivisible, and must be voluntary and not compelled. 

If this be so, as I believe it to be, why do you desire me to bend my will by force, for no other reason but that you say you love me? Nay- tell me- had Heaven made me ugly, as it has made me beautiful, could I with justice complain of you for not loving me? Moreover, you must remember that the beauty I possess was no choice of mine, for, be it what it may, Heaven of its bounty gave it me without my asking or choosing it; and as the viper, though it kills with it, does not deserve to be blamed for the poison it carries, as it is a gift of nature, neither do I deserve reproach for being beautiful; for beauty in a modest woman is like fire at a distance or a sharp sword; the one does not burn, the other does not cut, those who do not come too near. 

Honour and virtue are the ornaments of the mind, without which the body, though it be so, has no right to pass for beautiful; but if modesty is one of the virtues that specially lend a grace and charm to mind and body, why should she who is loved for her beauty part with it to gratify one who for his pleasure alone strives with all his might and energy to rob her of it? I was born free, and that I might live in freedom I chose the solitude of the fields; in the trees of the mountains I find society, the clear waters of the brooks are my mirrors, and to the trees and waters I make known my thoughts and charms. I am a fire afar off, a sword laid aside.

Those whom I have inspired with love by letting them see me, I have by words undeceived, and if their longings live on hope - and I have given none to any - it cannot justly be said that the death of any is my doing, for it was rather his own obstinacy than my cruelty that killed him; and if it be made a charge against me that his wishes were honourable, and that therefore I was bound to yield to them. I told him that mine was to live in perpetual solitude, and that the earth alone should enjoy the fruits of my retirement and the spoils of my beauty; and if, after this open avowal, he chose to persist against hope and steer against the wind, what wonder is it that he should sink in the depths of his infatuation? If I had encouraged him, I should be false; if I had gratified him, I should have acted against my own better resolution and purpose.

He was persistent in spite of warning, he despaired without being hated. Bethink you now if it be reasonable that his suffering should be laid to my charge. Let him who has been deceived complain, let him give way to despair whose encouraged hopes have proved vain, let him flatter himself whom I shall entice, let him boast whom I shall receive; but let not him call me cruel or homicide to whom I make no promise, upon whom I practise no deception, whom I neither entice nor receive. It has not been so far the will of Heaven that I should love by fate, and to expect me to love by choice is idle.

Let this general declaration serve for each of my suitors on his own account, and let it be understood from this time forth that if anyone dies for me it is not of jealousy or misery he dies, for she who loves no one can give no cause for jealousy to any, and candour is not to be confounded with scorn. Let him who calls me wild beast and basilisk, leave me alone as something noxious and evil; let him who calls me ungrateful, withhold his service; who calls me wayward, seek not my acquaintance; who calls me cruel, pursue me not; for this wild beast, this basilisk, this ungrateful, cruel, wayward being has no kind of desire to seek, serve, know, or follow them.

If his own impatience and violent passion killed him, why should my modest behaviour and circumspection be blamed? If I preserve my purity in the society of the trees, why should he who would have me preserve it among men, seek to rob me of it? I have, as you know, wealth of my own, and I covet not that of others; my taste is for freedom, and I have no relish for constraint; I neither love nor hate anyone; I do not deceive this one or court that, or trifle with one or play with another. The modest converse of the shepherd girls of these hamlets and the care of my goats are my recreations; my desires are bounded by these mountains, and if they ever wander hence it is to contemplate the beauty of the heavens, steps by which the soul travels to its primeval abode.

Who is Jon Pop?

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

big head or small body I can't tell which

Titter
Jul 30, 2015

by Ralp
Haha! Oh, mercy me.

Aren't you quite the razor sharp herp-a-derps, eh? You've just gone and blown my cover here, squire. If I'd have known there'd be a veritable fkn Columbo up in here lurking around the mean streets of GBS I would've chosen my words much more carefully, to ensure my covert operation didn't come to a premature end. My plan for world domination is now dashed! *shakes fist at you*

Mange Mite posted:

Who is Jon Pop?
____________/

And hey! That's "Mr. Pop" to you.. mfkr! :D

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Question for Jon Pop: where does a 14-year-old get enough money to make like twenty SA accounts? Does your mother know you stole her credit card?

Titter
Jul 30, 2015

by Ralp

loquacius posted:

Question for Jon Pop: where does a 14-year-old get enough money to make like twenty SA accounts?

Twenty? That's a very conservative estimate there. Not bragging at all, but I reckon I would've pole-axed that amount in my first six months.

But to answer the question: I deliver newspapers. I jump on my bmx and chuck papers. I'm real quick, my strong legs are like pistons pumping away mad fast. I cover three separate routes (or "zones") in one go, in the same amount of time it takes normal guys to do one. That's how I get the extra money - thanks to my hammer-time piston thighs.

quote:

Does your mother know you stole her credit card?

No. I blamed you actually. Well, not "you" personally, just told it was likely one of those unsavoury "goon" characters that are found on a website called SomethingAwful.com. My Mom hates goons now - every time she's short of a buck, or has to pay the CC debt, she curses goons loud and long. It's like I'm living with a drunken pirate sometimes the filth that comes out of her mouth towards you guys.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I see guys in trucks doing paper routs now. makes me sick

SKELETON GHOST
Jan 11, 2015

by Ralp
Not if ur having sex w/ aatrek

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Starts out good then descends into transparent transphobia.

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
nope you dont have a choice gently caress me now

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
volume should post threads a lot of the time

always insightful. i think volume's life experiences have primed his brain to understand stuff better than the rest of us.

it would be very cool if volume could do most of my thinking for me. like i could wake up, take a shower, go to work, but when someone asks me how i liked last night's episode of the tv show or what i think about eric garner's death, i would like volume to be able to process that question and determine my answer for me. as the op indicates hes better than any of us at thinking.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Gatekeeper posted:

volume should post threads a lot of the time

always insightful. i think volume's life experiences have primed his brain to understand stuff better than the rest of us.

it would be very cool if volume could do most of my thinking for me. like i could wake up, take a shower, go to work, but when someone asks me how i liked last night's episode of the tv show or what i think about eric garner's death, i would like volume to be able to process that question and determine my answer for me. as the op indicates hes better than any of us at thinking.

Force this person to give you a beej.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
OP I choose you!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Volume posted:

Regardless of your gender, sex, or orientation you are allowed to choose if you want to have sex with some one. If some dude is hitting on a chick at a club and she's not into it you do not shame her for not wanting it. If some dude doesn't want to gently caress some slam whale because the smell of cottage cheese from her rolls makes him puke, that's his right as owner of his body. If some one learns that the person they were flirting with used to have a dick and now they don't. It's ok to decide not to have sex with them. Any one who would shame you for it is trying to pressure you to have sex against your will and that makes them a rapist.

well that's certainly not how I was raised!

• Locked thread