Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Awesome thread, plenty of chuckles, A+++

Buddy of mine put his Fairlady Z up for sale and this thread, man... makes me wanna do baaad things to my credit rating https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5180967243.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

scuz posted:

Awesome thread, plenty of chuckles, A+++

Buddy of mine put his Fairlady Z up for sale and this thread, man... makes me wanna do baaad things to my credit rating https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5180967243.html

That price is stupid for an NA z32.

You're running a 20g on a CA?
What's the spool like on that?

I wouldn't be surprised if the car was faster on the smaller turbo. Laggy cars feel faster but sometimes aren't.

Copper nut thing had been used by BMW and Porsche for a long time. BMW has both m8 and m10 exhaust hardware which pretty much covers most imports.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

mafoose posted:

That price is stupid for an NA z32.

I wouldn't be surprised if the car was faster on the smaller turbo. Laggy cars feel faster but sometimes aren't.

Copper nut thing had been used by BMW and Porsche for a long time. BMW has both m8 and m10 exhaust hardware which pretty much covers most imports.
Being an honest person, I'll go ahead and say that I understand about 20% of what's going on in this thread, but it's fun to watch regardless. Is that a stupid LOW price?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

scuz posted:

Is that a stupid LOW price?

Nope.

E: it's been on Craigslist for a month. Really?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

mafoose posted:

Nope.

E: it's been on Craigslist for a month. Really?
He honestly doesn't really want to sell it, but that's the price that will make him feel not so bad about letting it go.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Awesome work and a great read - I have always liked the raw simplicity of the 240 cars and I am not ashamed at loving them when they have well done aero kits and flashy wheels.

keegles
Aug 24, 2013

mariooncrack posted:

That looks extremely clean. I'm jealous man.

Where is the car now and what are you going to with it until then?

I have a good friend who has an import company, so its being stored at his warehouse in Japan until its ready to be exported. Fun fact, I had to register the car in Japan, because I bought it at a dealership vs at auction, so that added a little cost, but I got cool plates.

Gorson posted:

I like the tuna here.

Are those real Watanabes?

I honestly doubt it, they've been on the car since before anyone I know owned it, and the have no markings/identification

mafoose posted:

It was making 13 lbs at about 4700, but I planned on spinning to 8600 so I still have a lot of usable rev range. Its no fun in traffic though

keegles
Aug 24, 2013
My injectors show "out for delivery" so ill swwing by my s̶h̶o̶p̶ storage unit and snap some pictures

keegles
Aug 24, 2013
Injectors don't fit, but I have a drill or something

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Wait did you just get a manual, black-on-black 1997+ JZZ30? Those are the Soarer holy grail and I hope you paid at least $10k for it.

keegles
Aug 24, 2013

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Wait did you just get a manual, black-on-black 1997+ JZZ30? Those are the Soarer holy grail and I hope you paid at least $10k for it.

91, 97 conversion, coils and arms and stuff, manual

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
That's quite the conversion. Black exterior wasn't available until 1992 and black interiors came in 1994.

keegles
Aug 24, 2013
I promise I still exist lol, we did a lllot of things and I took pictures of basically nothing

And I got a new shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You know, I thought this neighborhood looked really familiar. Eerily so. I mean I know a lot of DFW neighborhoods look alike, but...

Then I saw the purple car in front of 7-11, and recognized the 7-11 immediately.

Then I saw the Plano cops.

:stare:

Sup Plano goon?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 20, 2015

• Locked thread