Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Megaspel posted:

There's a poo poo load of difference between an image edit and stealing someone else's art and joke and claiming it as your own. Something Awful has always been against that poo poo since Ebaum's World was doing it.

All I'm asking is for the original artist to get credit and feedback. If you don't respect artists in that most basic way, there will ultimately be less art to steal.

lmao. Are you an art school kid? Are you majoring in something? Are you in high school?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Megaspel posted:

There's a poo poo load of difference between an image edit and stealing someone else's art and joke and claiming it as your own. Something Awful has always been against that poo poo since Ebaum's World was doing it.

All I'm asking is for the original artist to get credit and feedback. If you don't respect artists in that most basic way, there will ultimately be less art to steal.

Did you do this on purpose to prove a point or :raise:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Megaspel posted:

Has meltdown about people not crediting artists.
Posts image, does not credit artist.

I think you're obligated to self-destruct now.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's not like this is unprecedented. Eternal Darkness did just fine freaking the player out with its VIDEO and Memory Card Wiped fake-outs on GameCube.

That might be the only time I've actually felt real fear in a game. Not tension, not an adrenaline rush from a jumpscare, honest to god fear.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

sitchelin posted:

Here's the Imperial March in a major scale: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9MShtCg4fk

There's a lot mroe to it than a key change but in Rebels they remixed that into a rousing patriotic anthem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TouCl6yp13A It works.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's not like this is unprecedented. Eternal Darkness did just fine freaking the player out with its VIDEO and Memory Card Wiped fake-outs on GameCube.

I think Xbox marketplace games have certain rules that indie games are obligated to follow to stay on the system, I don't remember the specifics though. I feel like Undertale breaks a few of those rules.

Panic Attack posted:

Also, source is http://nedroid.com/ as you neglected to mention.

best post in the thread imo

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Panic Attack posted:

Also, source is http://nedroid.com/ as you neglected to mention.

This, I like.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Megaspel posted:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Gas this thread and all the pedantic retards in it

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2P07cdmkA

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
please just loving kill it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

m2pt5 posted:

Nah, he's the one that always calls the player, inviting them to go bowling.

This is a good idea too

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

The only toxic thing in the last few pages of this thread are the people demanding it be closed because it's too toxic. So, uh, instead don't do that. Problem solved!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
So from the guy who brought us the Super Wah Hoo animations and a version of the Undertalepants Normal Ending (obv spoilers), Sr. Pelo has finally done the True Pacifist Ending to Undertalepants

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

qnqnx posted:

Gas this thread and all the pedantic retards in it

*hits the ? mark*

*sees nothing but drive-by shitposting*

Oh, well okay then.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

GunnerJ posted:

i can't loving believe these hacker trolls and their no respect for artists:

I like the cut of your jib.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Archenteron posted:

So from the guy who brought us the Super Wah Hoo animations and a version of the Undertalepants Normal Ending (obv spoilers), Sr. Pelo has finally done the True Pacifist Ending to Undertalepants

the 'leave' option holy shittttttttt

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Actual game content poo poo: found a bug in the new build; if you try and pet Doggo before you check him, he attacks using Snowdrake's method.

distactedOne
Oct 29, 2012

Samovar posted:

Actual game content poo poo: found a bug in the new build; if you try and pet Doggo before you check him, he attacks using Snowdrake's method.

very rarely at random for no apparent reason*

I kinda assumed the new build had fixed this bug but I guess not.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

Tunicate posted:

Has meltdown about people not crediting artists.
Posts image, does not credit artist.

I think you're obligated to self-destruct now.

You know every disagreement isn't a meltdown right? You don't have to freak out because someone has a different opinion to you, not just you. This thread reads like Reddit comments.

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly
Nah but for real was not sourcing the art intentional irony orrrrrr

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Panic Attack posted:

Nah but for real was not sourcing the art intentional irony orrrrrr

For real that was a gently caress-up on my part.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Please change your name to migospel tia

Xenoyia
Dec 6, 2011
I think someone from here disliked my video 5 times on alts and commented 'kill yourself'. I know it's alts because it was all within like a minute.

...Undertale sure is serious business.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

bring back bravestofthelamps

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly
Not even BOTL could bring himself to care about this thread anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Undertale's been out for six months and at this point I think the thread's run its course. Someone else is free to make another one if they want, but I'm putting this one to bed.

So long, and thanks for all the pasta.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 6, 2016

• Locked thread