Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Even though it wasn't really cancelled I guess, I still really miss LOST. From one week to the next I never knew what the gently caress was going on but would watch it religiously, gazing from one overdramatic face to the next, hoping that some day, unlike Gilligans Island, there'd be this nice happy ending that tied all the loose ends together.

solar energy panel fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Avernus posted:

Gonna go with both Deadwood and the Borgias (the one with Jeremy Irons, not the one off of Netflix.)

E: ha Deadwood fits with the ongoing Olyphantchat too

Deadwood is the poo poo. Anyone who hasn't seen it at this point should put it on the top of their "new shows to watch" list.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Lt. Tanaka posted:

Deadwood is the poo poo. Anyone who hasn't seen it at this point should put it on the top of their "new shows to watch" list.

:hfive:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Xaris posted:

Yeah Psych was an incredibly fun show. It had a pretty awesome run of 9? seasons, even though I didn't know many people who watched it. It's the type of show with just a great :3 cast dynamics that yeah it probably could have gone on even longer, but it wrapped up enough with happy endings all around.

I don't think it counts as being "cancelled". It ended and wrapped up well and it was just time for it to move on.

idk i wanted to like psych but i just couldn't get into it. does it get less sitcommy in the later seasons or is it always kinda cheesy?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The White Dragon posted:

idk i wanted to like psych but i just couldn't get into it. does it get less sitcommy in the later seasons or is it always kinda cheesy?

i wouldn't ever say it's sitcommy per se, but it's always lighthearted bros being immature and obscure pop-culture references and such. i mean it's definitely a USA show where it's all wrapped up and more or less individually wrapped (there's more ongoing stuff in the latter seasons w/r/t Sean/Juliet/dad) and nothing "bad" ever happens. i loved it but i think it'd be hard to recommend it to someone unless i knew they liked that type of character dynamic and USA-style whodunnit shows.

• Locked thread