Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Hahaha yup just gonna drink some methanol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm getting twitter spammed by some guy ranting on about how racist NASCAR/IndyCar, etc are.

He's then making weird threats at everyone associated with the sport...It's bizarre.

https://twitter.com/SSMotorWerks

Here's his page. Any advice on how to decipher it?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Please don't doxx me

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm getting twitter spammed by some guy ranting on about how racist NASCAR/IndyCar, etc are.

He's then making weird threats at everyone associated with the sport...It's bizarre.

https://twitter.com/SSMotorWerks

Here's his page. Any advice on how to decipher it?

Our Mission

"It is the mission of MYMM (Minority Youth Matters Movement) to enlighten the American public, the corporate sponsors, NASCAR teams, and owners on the disproportion of sponsorship dollars dedicated to minority NASCAR teams, employment, educational programs and opportunities to race in all series. MYMM is dedicated to finding a respectful balance between sponsors, teams, and owners so that all minority youth and communities worldwide can engage in NASCAR. "

He comes off weird and very obsessive but the idea isn't farfetched. Except I find it funny he supports Donald Trump

e: In simple terms, he's hellbent for NASCAR to do more than Drive for Diversity.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 28, 2016

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I have a great deal of empathy towards his cause, I just don't understand his way of doing it?

Auto racing as a whole does have some problems in getting more minorities, women and LGBT people involved. It's not exactly the most friendly environment for those drivers quite yet.

NASCAR is actually a head of the curve in some respects as they actually do have a program for it. The same cannot be said, for IndyCar, etc

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this is one of those non issues because there's really not many minorities that give a gently caress

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

this is one of those non issues because there's really not many minorities that give a gently caress

It'd be nice if that could change. But I think you could very much be right.

Though to be fair? I think it's not impossible to have more minorities involved in racing. I think NASCAR has seen some significant growth amongst hispanic populations due to the Toyota Series, etc.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
All the minorities play real sports. NASCAR is the whitest sport there is. You gotta balance it out.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

L_Harrison posted:

All the minorities play real sports. NASCAR is the whitest sport there is. You gotta balance it out.

It's cost.

That sucks to say, but it's cost.

It's very cheap to pick up basketball, baseball, football, soccer and (to an extent) hockey. I can find a football for 8 bucks online.

The cost it takes up to want to be involved in auto racing is pretty high. Not to mention you have to be involved it in early and every piece has to fall perfectly your way to do it. Like Sage Karem is the son of a wrestling coach. You think he's in and out of IndyCar right now if he didn't live in Nazareth, and his dad DIDN'T know the Andrettis? Nope. He's likely wrestling for some D III college right now studying exercise science.

Your defending winner of the Daytona 500 came from an insanely rich family, not to mention our resident goon driving expert.

The only thing I can think of to bridge the gap would be if NASCAR were to fund some sort of "Drive for diversity" campaign in regards to finding future engineers, mechanics, pit crew and members of NASCAR officiating. I imagine you could find quite a few bright people for those positions and perhaps inspire them via taking them to races, etc

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!

I'm glad this happened.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fantasy groop on Yahoo

SASCAR 2016
Group ID #3147
pw: derrike

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuzzySkinner posted:

It'd be nice if that could change. But I think you could very much be right.

Though to be fair? I think it's not impossible to have more minorities involved in racing. I think NASCAR has seen some significant growth amongst hispanic populations due to the Toyota Series, etc.

in a couple decades that's irrelevant too because at that point NASCAR will be a sport played by minorities

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

BMB5150 posted:

In simple terms, he's hellbent for NASCAR to do more than Drive for Diversity.

To be fair the D4D places good minority drivers with Rev Racing which is a fate worse than hell.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Fantasy groop on Yahoo

SASCAR 2016
Group ID #3147

I'm in as Vehicular ManSauter

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Best part of every season is the baller fantasy names imo

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

In as Powered by Dewshine.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

kidcoelacanth posted:

Fantasy groop on Yahoo

SASCAR 2016
Group ID #3147

Cope with it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Doomsday Caution Clock

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Rob Moroso & The Nightsweats

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://store.nascar.com/Dale_Earnhardt_Jr_Jackets/Mens_Dale_Earnhardt_Jr._Black_Diet_Mountain_Dew_Uniform_Twill_Jacket

Dumbass question.

Anyone ever bought a NASCAR themed coat before? I need a new coat and since a certain other nameless series doesn't make them? Thought I'd go with Jr.

I need something kinda padded to keep me warm in the winter and I was wondering if this would protect me worth a drat.

Any SASCAR goons wear anything like this?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

LASTCAR, Kidc, and I did a thing. Come check it out! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762128&pagenumber=1#lastpost

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://store.nascar.com/Dale_Earnhardt_Jr_Jackets/Mens_Dale_Earnhardt_Jr._Black_Diet_Mountain_Dew_Uniform_Twill_Jacket

Dumbass question.

Anyone ever bought a NASCAR themed coat before? I need a new coat and since a certain other nameless series doesn't make them? Thought I'd go with Jr.

I need something kinda padded to keep me warm in the winter and I was wondering if this would protect me worth a drat.

Any SASCAR goons wear anything like this?

I bought a Gordon one on clearance (steeply discounted) about 10 years ago. It's bulky, but it looks cool.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

LASTCAR, Kidc, and I did a thing. Come check it out! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762128&pagenumber=1#lastpost

I bought a Gordon one on clearance (steeply discounted) about 10 years ago. It's bulky, but it looks cool.

I'm in the market for that. Basically just something to keep me warm. I had a browns jacket, but sadly the thing is falling apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGje1fCaBnw

• Locked thread