Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
just what the subject says i get real mad when i see a vertical video online and i have to post a comment about how the video should be horizontal and how the person who took the video is a disgusting mouthbreathing mongoloid for filming it vertically because i am a reasonable and rational human being who just wants to see some got dang horizontal vids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Do you have OCD?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Hobohemian posted:

Do you have OCD?

im self diagnosed

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRLDSTAARRRRR

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
There's no reason devices can't take landscape pics and videos when the phone is held most naturally in the vertical position. The 'fault' does not lie with users.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

emoji posted:

There's no reason devices can't take landscape pics and videos when the phone is held most naturally in the vertical position. The 'fault' does not lie with users.

Users lied, etc.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

The Brown Menace posted:

I always assumed it was just a filter these guys put on it before somebody put it on youtube. Kinda like letterboxing but bad, like my posting.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Hold the phone like THIS, not like THIS, ya fuckin' idiot, OKAY?

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

emoji posted:

mods knew

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
i prefer your mom horizontal, too, op

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the real poo poo is when they host it on a thing that bakes in the pillarboxing right on the video file so you have to spend your bandwidth downloading blank, usually horribly artefacted sections of video

its r gross dude

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwoTpBhhQkw

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Vertical videos should be inadmissible in court, sign my petition at change.org.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i get really mad when interesting-looking suggested videos on youtube end up being mojo videos

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
It's literally worse than Hitler*

*'cause he did nothing wrong

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

The Brown Menace posted:

as an avid fan of worldstar fight vids i love the medium of the vertical video

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Dead Precedents posted:

It's literally worse than Hitler*

*'cause he did nothing wrong

Hitler was such a fuckin' dork he didn't even have a cell phone to make movies with. He did life wrong by being born in like 1894 or whatever.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I agree OP. They're retards if they ant flip their camera horizontal. But you gotta remember OP we wouldn't have many of those hilarious movies at all if they weren't retarded people.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

turn that frown upside down and suck my dick

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
- video is of something happening recorded by a security system
- video is vertical
- video is a recording of a computer monitor playing back the video (the people are too stupid to know how to pull and/or edit the source video)
- video is shaky, often times it slowly pans left or right until the monitor is partially or even completely out of frame
- video has several people talking very loudly in a non english language; if something dramatic happens the people scream or shriek if there are females present
- often times during the video one or more of the person's hands comes into frame pointing at the monitor, obscuring elements of the video
- often times there are plants, paper, or other poo poo hanging off the monitor obscure elements of the video (no effort is made to move them)

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
When pulling your phone out of your pocket it's natural for it to be veryical. They should just reorient the camera lense to be landscape while the phone is held in portrait imo but they wont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Maldoror posted:

- video is of something happening recorded by a security system
- video is vertical
- video is a recording of a computer monitor playing back the video (the people are too stupid to know how to pull and/or edit the source video)
- video is shaky, often times it slowly pans left or right until the monitor is partially or even completely out of frame
- video has several people talking very loudly in a non english language; if something dramatic happens the people scream or shriek if there are females present
- often times during the video one or more of the person's hands comes into frame pointing at the monitor, obscuring elements of the video
- often times there are plants, paper, or other poo poo hanging off the monitor obscure elements of the video (no effort is made to move them)

wow sexist xenophobe

• Locked thread