Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I miss playing with goons. Reach was the epitome of my halo career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
I miss 3 and Reach with goons. Maybe I'll splurge on an Xbone after I graduate. I'm just not super keen on buying a system I only want to play like two games on :(

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

A Xbox one s is pretty cheap honestly. One of my friends got a brand new one for $185 shipped.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Get one off Craigslist eBay or Facebook. You can find them dirt cheap and you just need gamepass for games.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I miss Halo with goons as well. Halo 2 was my jam but I played PLENTY of 3.

Haven't gotten an xbone because I'd only want it for Master Chief Chronicals.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

RodShaft posted:

I miss Halo with goons as well. Halo 2 was my jam but I played PLENTY of 3.

Haven't gotten an xbone because I'd only want it for Master Chief Chronicals.

This is kind of where I'm at. It's not a matter of money, it's just hard to justify the purchase when I'm only interested in really playing that one series regardless of how cheap I've seen it.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtly012oC10

Halo is dead, but possibly born again?

MickRaider fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 3, 2018

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Halo is dead and 343 killed it.

I'm always baffled by the people who go to bat for Halo5, "yeah the campaign was garbage, but the multiplayer is really good. Ok, not Warzone, Warzone is a super unbalanced P2W whale fest, the other multiplayer... the one with all the bad maps... No, I think the new armor abilities are really great even though 343 significantly slowed you down from previous games in order to make them useful. And ADSing makes you way more accurate while shooting after they promised it wouldn't. Oh, and did I mention all the maps are terrible, everything is a forge map too for some reason. I guess they just really had to cut some corners to give us all that free DLC that every other Halo game launched with." - Some version of this every time I talk to someone about what they think of Halo 5.

It makes me always go back to a Bonnie Ross's quote from when she got put in charge of Halo, "I want to be George Lucas". It's a real great quote out of context because the 343 Halo games are exactly like the prequels in quality with Halo 5 being the awful Attack of the Clones. In context, it meant that she wanted complete marketing control over Halo with no interference from MS HQ. Which considering what happened to Halo 5's campaign maybe there should've been some consulting with some outside people.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

BattleTech posted:

Halo is dead and 343 killed it.

I'm always baffled by the people who go to bat for Halo5, "yeah the campaign was garbage, but the multiplayer is really good. Ok, not Warzone, Warzone is a super unbalanced P2W whale fest, the other multiplayer... the one with all the bad maps... No, I think the new armor abilities are really great even though 343 significantly slowed you down from previous games in order to make them useful. And ADSing makes you way more accurate while shooting after they promised it wouldn't. Oh, and did I mention all the maps are terrible, everything is a forge map too for some reason. I guess they just really had to cut some corners to give us all that free DLC that every other Halo game launched with." - Some version of this every time I talk to someone about what they think of Halo 5.

It makes me always go back to a Bonnie Ross's quote from when she got put in charge of Halo, "I want to be George Lucas". It's a real great quote out of context because the 343 Halo games are exactly like the prequels in quality with Halo 5 being the awful Attack of the Clones. In context, it meant that she wanted complete marketing control over Halo with no interference from MS HQ. Which considering what happened to Halo 5's campaign maybe there should've been some consulting with some outside people.

Bonnie Ross is literally the Hillary Clinton of 343. Just Clinton got all the soldiers in Benghazi killed Ross killed Halo lol.

but i still play it and probably will never stop until the day i die

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I too am sad that halo is dad, no other shooter like the classic ones

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Tighclops posted:

I too am sad that halo is dad, no other shooter like the classic ones

halo is a dad gam, rip in peace.

MCC should have been a much, much bigger deal. If it was on Xbox and PC and actually had proper matchmaking/network I wouldn't play any other multiplayer shooters.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

jokes posted:

halo is a dad gam, rip in peace.

MCC should have been a much, much bigger deal. If it was on Xbox and PC and actually had proper matchmaking/network I wouldn't play any other multiplayer shooters.

It seems like a no-brainer at this point to even just halfassedly toss MCC onto PC and cross-play and I don't know why they don't

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

RBA Starblade posted:

It seems like a no-brainer at this point to even just halfassedly toss MCC onto PC and cross-play and I don't know why they don't

343 knows that people want MCC on PC, among other features. The game works close to full functionality, with some kinks being continuously worked on, so it might be better to wait until mor efixes arrive until it gets a PC release.

here's a blog about the next MCC patch that talks about Mixtape Matchmaking a la Titanfall 2 https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-october-update

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Posting here to say that I am now an official member of 343's MCC Insider Reclaimer Team! Basically, I am working with 343 to test future builds of MCC and do QA before the retail releases get pushed to the public. It is similar to the already-known Insider program but more of like an "alpha" so to speak. I do it all voluntarily along with other diehard Halo players. If you ever see me on MCC you'll see me where my Reclaimer nameplate!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They're still fixing 2014's Halo Master Chief Collection?

What's wrong with it at the moment?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They're still fixing 2014's Halo Master Chief Collection?

What's wrong with it at the moment?

Not enough players.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

If you ever see me on MCC you'll see me where my Reclaimer nameplate!
Congrats dude. It's pretty cool they're still working on that game. It's a shame it flopped so hard initially because it really could have been great.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
It still might be, if they manage to get that poo poo on PC. I still think the shooting in it doesn't quite feel right for CE. Might just be a 33 year old dude misremebering at this point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
I'm headed to ATL for the last Halo 5 tournament ever. It should be fun. I've never attended Dreamhack; this was a spur of the moment trip!

• Locked thread