Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
i'd have thought season 2 ultimately won over a few more goons at the finish since almost everyone died at the end

Sheep-Goats posted:

If I have to tell you you'll never know anyway.

okay Angelica from Rugrats

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Admiral Bosch posted:

I didn't finish season 2 but man that shootout scene... the setup for it was totally contrived but the scene itself was pretty good

actually it sucked and was an embarrassing attempt to somehow top or match the ghetto shootout from S1

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kofCwEG1KmM

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

presenting the best theme music ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4zluA60hjs

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did kind of like that Leonard Cohen song for being peak old-man Cohen.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Taylor Kitsch is in it; that's reason enough for me.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I liked this vaughn scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okTq8_LUxNs

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 27, 2015

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Season 1 is clearly superior, but season 2 was pretty great as well. I think Farrell did just as good a job as McConaughey did with his character while McConaughey obviously had a better supporting cast, director and writing backing him up. Rachel McAdams was also really good in her role.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

There are some great Frank scenes and Frank is a cool rear end character unfortunately VV decided the best way to get that character across was to downtrou and pound a round brown down in the middle of the set every time.

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

Carver Crisis posted:

Season 1 is clearly superior, but season 2 was pretty great as well. I think Farrell did just as good a job as McConaughey did with his character while McConaughey obviously had a better supporting cast, director and writing backing him up. Rachel McAdams was also really good in her role.

Yep. At least there was some sort of character interaction and development in their relationship unlike bike cop who seemed completely unnecessary and whos story added nothing. VV's part should've been cut back considerably, bike cop cut out and our perspective on the 'mystery' should've been mostly from Farrell and Adam's perspective. By that I mean we should have been seeing mostly what they were seeing, rather than long stretches of VV. True Detective 1 worked scriptwise because it was part character study and our perspective was mostly limited to two characters and their interactions with each other were interesting and entertaining. Also of course because they had a really good director unlike in 2.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jim Flatline posted:

Yep. At least there was some sort of character interaction and development in their relationship unlike bike cop who seemed completely unnecessary and whos story added nothing. VV's part should've been cut back considerably, bike cop cut out and our perspective on the 'mystery' should've been mostly from Farrell and Adam's perspective. By that I mean we should have been seeing mostly what they were seeing, rather than long stretches of VV. True Detective 1 worked scriptwise because it was part character study and our perspective was mostly limited to two characters and their interactions with each other were interesting and entertaining. Also of course because they had a really good director unlike in 2.

No shoulda been Ferrel's chr and VV's chr, no bike cop no Adams despite being hot tits, certainly no Adams-dad no Stan (ok maybe a little Stan since none was actually a bad idea)

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

Sheep-Goats posted:

No shoulda been Ferrel's chr and VV's chr, no bike cop no Adams despite being hot tits, certainly no Adams-dad no Stan (ok maybe a little Stan since none was actually a bad idea)

This is only true if VV's part is played by someone else.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
season 2 is total dogshit hth

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
*puffs chest out at OP* never even had a fuckin CAVITY

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Sheep-Goats posted:

I'd keep adams character but I wouldn't have her interact with farrel till near the end and they would never get together. she would run an independant state investigation into vinci corruption which would reveal corruption far outside the bounds of vinci, in the state gov, with major business men and her investigation would be severly hampered because of it. I'd expand on the secondary characters by having farrel do dirty jobs for vinci power players while his life is unraveling. independant of each other they would both stumble upon a sex trafficking ring in relation to a recent murder of a vinci high roller that gets the ball rolling. at first adams' would be interested in the murder for her corruption investigation while farrel would be put on point by vinci authorities to clean up any loose ends of the victim, initially unrelated to the murder, that might impact their interests. both adams and farrel would have a personal interest in looking into the sex trafficking ring and eventually both would seek out the help of the other. adams - a righteous cop getting a little dirty; farrel - a corrupt cop seeking justice; they would combine their investigations and methods to get to the truth.

instead of an othercum son from rape, farrel would've had a teenage daughter (that he and his wife had when they were in their late teens) who was raped and murdered. he would still go to frank to get the name of the perp so he could murder the guy and begin his path toward corruption. he and his wife would have another child soon after to fill the void and try to save their marriage. and he would have an estranged relationship with his son like he did in the series. like in the show, it would turn out the the guy he killed wasn't the guy who raped and murdered his daughter. the mayor's son would turn out to be the real perp. and the son would be running the prostituition ring with the full sanction of his father and with the russian mob guy supplying the girls, who would still be trying to push out frank.

adams' backstory would basically be the same except the guy who molested her when she was a child turns out to be a steve-jobs-like executive of a major tech corp based out of san fran with close ties to vinci's mayor. a chunk of the power elite in america would all be a bunch of sex deviants who cement their ties with each other in sex orgies, a bunch of them being ex-hippies (the mayor, plastic surgery guy, the tech exec, the murder victim).

only farrels character would sound like rusty. adams character's dialogue would more fit her character by being stoic and to the point. frank would still be a well-read gangster but he wouldn't sound like a jackass most of the time.

the way they would finally deliver justice is by tracking down diamonds stolen during the l.a. riots 25 years ago which all the major antagonists would be involved in some way: the guys who stole it - high level dirty cops. the guys who laundered it - the murder victim using vinci front businesses owned by the mayor back when he was the mayor-to-be waiting on his dad to retire, the first vinci mayor. the guys who used the money to invest in their bunisess empires - the mayor and the tech exec.

except once they get the diamonds, the power elites in california move to have the diamonds removed from evidence by a dirty cop. and farrel and adams get framed for a murder they didn't commit so they have to go into hiding and leave the country. adams' does this. but instead of just leaving farrel makes a deal with frank to get paid and deal vigilante justice by raiding a business deal going down between the mayor's son, the russian mobster and the tech exec, mudering everybody and stealing the cash. but both of them end up being tracked down and killed afterward before they could leave the country. the story ends with adams' telling the story to a reporter like it did in the show, except no baby.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Simstim posted:

I'd keep adams character but I wouldn't have her interact with farrel till near the end and they would never get together. she would run an independant state investigation into vinci corruption which would reveal corruption far outside the bounds of vinci, in the state gov, with major business men and her investigation would be severly hampered because of it. I'd expand on the secondary characters by having farrel do dirty jobs for vinci power players while his life is unraveling. independant of each other they would both stumble upon a sex trafficking ring in relation to a recent murder of a vinci high roller that gets the ball rolling. at first adams' would be interested in the murder for her corruption investigation while farrel would be put on point by vinci authorities to clean up any loose ends of the victim, initially unrelated to the murder, that might impact their interests. both adams and farrel would have a personal interest in looking into the sex trafficking ring and eventually both would seek out the help of the other. adams - a righteous cop getting a little dirty; farrel - a corrupt cop seeking justice; they would combine their investigations and methods to get to the truth.

instead of an othercum son from rape, farrel would've had a teenage daughter (that he and his wife had when they were in their late teens) who was raped and murdered. he would still go to frank to get the name of the perp so he could murder the guy and begin his path toward corruption. he and his wife would have another child soon after to fill the void and try to save their marriage. and he would have an estranged relationship with his son like he did in the series. like in the show, it would turn out the the guy he killed wasn't the guy who raped and murdered his daughter. the mayor's son would turn out to be the real perp. and the son would be running the prostituition ring with the full sanction of his father and with the russian mob guy supplying the girls, who would still be trying to push out frank.

adams' backstory would basically be the same except the guy who molested her when she was a child turns out to be a steve-jobs-like executive of a major tech corp based out of san fran with close ties to vinci's mayor. a chunk of the power elite in america would all be a bunch of sex deviants who cement their ties with each other in sex orgies, a bunch of them being ex-hippies (the mayor, plastic surgery guy, the tech exec, the murder victim).

only farrels character would sound like rusty. adams character's dialogue would more fit her character by being stoic and to the point. frank would still be a well-read gangster but he wouldn't sound like a jackass most of the time.

the way they would finally deliver justice is by tracking down diamonds stolen during the l.a. riots 25 years ago which all the major antagonists would be involved in some way: the guys who stole it - high level dirty cops. the guys who laundered it - the murder victim using vinci front businesses owned by the mayor back when he was the mayor-to-be waiting on his dad to retire, the first vinci mayor. the guys who used the money to invest in their bunisess empires - the mayor and the tech exec.

except once they get the diamonds, the power elites in california move to have the diamonds removed from evidence by a dirty cop. and farrel and adams get framed for a murder they didn't commit so they have to go into hiding and leave the country. adams' does this. but instead of just leaving farrel makes a deal with frank to get paid and deal vigilante justice by raiding a business deal going down between the mayor's son, the russian mobster and the tech exec, mudering everybody and stealing the cash. but both of them end up being tracked down and killed afterward before they could leave the country. the story ends with adams' telling the story to a reporter like it did in the show, except no baby.

no doubt no doubt no doubt

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I was ready to embrace season 2 after hearing how bad it was simply because goons usually have bad taste and bad opinions and are bad in general, but this time they were right. It just was not very good or interesting

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

makes me think

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yall need to stop trying to defend season 2. overall, it was a trainwreck of epic proportions compared to season 1. were there good parts? yes. good characters? well, there was velcoro. good acting? again, velcoro. glimmers of good writing? ehh... a couple.

overall though... very louche

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
season 1 is so good

i poo poo myself and cum in it

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

Zzulu posted:

I was ready to embrace season 2 after hearing how bad it was simply because goons usually have bad taste and bad opinions and are bad in general, but this time they were right. It just was not very good or interesting

Perhaps the True goon.....is you?

True Goon season one coming soon.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I am NO goon. I merely walk among you

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
well disguised

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
That makes you lower than a goon somehow hth

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zzulu posted:

do you live on the forums because everywhere else was calling it bad too

you only have to worry about the subforum devoted to that medium's opinion. like TVIV and CD have the worst and wrongest opinions on TV shows and movies.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
20 minutes of good acting does not negate 10 hours of bad writing, acting, and directing.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

a bone to pick posted:

20 minutes of good acting does not negate 10 hours of bad writing, acting, and directing.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Goons really serious about tv itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
carry on my othercum son
there'll be pizza when you are done
lay your weary head to rest
don't you cry you fat pussy jesus loving christ what is wrong with you