Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm here to laugh at your puerile tastes in beer and scoff at any put downs for beer that has some effort put into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

ChipNDip posted:

Score big op

quote:

Hamm's the beer refreshing

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

ChipNDip posted:

Score big op

epic goon beer!!

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
As far as cheap beers go...

is my freaking doorstep, because I don't let them in my house!!! Dragon's Milk or nothing BITCH

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Infidel Castro posted:

Goondolances if that means you're in Racine.

Yuengling is okay. People make it out to be this amazing beer but it's really just a slightly better version of Budweiser.

North side of Kenosha. Not much better. Maybe 30 miles.

Also goondolances for living in the proudest city in our state (actually probably Madison) and still the most segregated city in the entire US.

:smith::respek::smith:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i bought some yurngling the other week and it was friggin awful and i dont understand why goons like it so good, imo

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

nomadologique posted:

yuengling if you're in the pennsylvania area

Frequently skunky though, in my experience.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RaceBannon posted:

Frequently skunky though, in my experience.

yeah it tasted like a skunk

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Enfield posted:

i bought some yurngling the other week and it was friggin awful and i dont understand why goons like it so good, imo

It's nothing special, but for cheap domestic it's the best of the rest by far IMO. I actually do kind of love their Black & Tan line too, but I'm a darker beer kinda guy. Haven't tried Yuengling Light, can't comment on that.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Around here the cheap beer game is all about Oly's or Rainier.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Around here the cheap beer game is all about Oly's or Rainier.

Both of which are made by Miller in Southern California.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Infidel Castro posted:

Yuengling is okay. People make it out to be this amazing beer but it's really just a slightly better version of Budweiser.

ya but this is the "as far as cheap beers go" thread, the perfect place for yuengling to shine

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

dethkon posted:

It's nothing special, but for cheap domestic it's the best of the rest by far IMO. I actually do kind of love their Black & Tan line too, but I'm a darker beer kinda guy. Haven't tried Yuengling Light, can't comment on that.

do not buy yuengling light.

black and tan is, in my opinion, their best product. it's a lot better than the lager, and i've drank, welp, let's say my fair share of both.

their porter is not bad, i do not remember its name off the top of my head.

timelapse: ok i checked their site, the reason i can't remember its name is because it doesn't have one, it is just "porter." the chesterfield ale isn't bad either. "premium" is ok, not as bad as light but not as good as regular. i still would not suggest it.

nomadologique fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 23, 2015

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

ChipNDip posted:

Score big op

We always used to joke about what it felt like the Hamm's bear was doing to our insides with his claws. The same joke, like every drat day.

edit: and when we drank Rhinelander it was the pine needles that were damaging our organs heh.

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007
Talking beer and you all haven't posted the best review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4_5BwSzJ-E

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with

nomadologique posted:

do not buy yuengling light.

black and tan is, in my opinion, their best product. it's a lot better than the lager, and i've drank, welp, let's say my fair share of both.

their porter is not bad, i do not remember its name off the top of my head.

timelapse: ok i checked their site, the reason i can't remember its name is because it doesn't have one, it is just "porter." the chesterfield ale isn't bad either. "premium" is ok, not as bad as light but not as good as regular. i still would not suggest it.

Qft. I drink Yuengling black & tan almost exclusively, if I can find it. Outside of the ABC store I only know of one supermarket that carries it, since I've moved back to Fla. And thanks for the warning about Yuengling light, not that I've ever had a desire to try it.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
Forgot about the black and tan. It's actually pretty good

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

nomadologique posted:

ya but this is the "as far as cheap beers go" thread, the perfect place for yuengling to shine

Isn't Yuengling a premium domestic brand? I thought we were talking "cheaper than Budweiser" here.

My story: I had Yuengling once and remember liking it but I was already an hour in.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Agag posted:

Isn't Yuengling a premium domestic brand? I thought we were talking "cheaper than Budweiser" here.

My story: I had Yuengling once and remember liking it but I was already an hour in.

i dunno what the vocab is anymore, if premium means "more expensive than mass market but less expensive than craft," then yes. it's that's. it's a few bucks more than coors and budweiser, i'm guessing. i don't mind drinking those, although i'll take bud over coors, and ultimately miller over either; but if i'm gonna drink non-craft, and yuengling is available, that's probably what i'll buy.

if you had a big spectrum from the best beer to the worst, yuengling would rank solidly middling to okay. if you're only talking cheaper, non-craft beers, yuengling is one of your better investments.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm here to laugh at your puerile tastes in beer and scoff at any put downs for beer that has some effort put into it.

I would crush a 30 of natty light with you in the bright sun and you would understand the beautiful melancholy of poo poo beer

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

nomadologique posted:

i dunno what the vocab is anymore, if premium means "more expensive than mass market but less expensive than craft," then yes. it's that's. it's a few bucks more than coors and budweiser, i'm guessing. i don't mind drinking those, although i'll take bud over coors, and ultimately miller over either; but if i'm gonna drink non-craft, and yuengling is available, that's probably what i'll buy.

if you had a big spectrum from the best beer to the worst, yuengling would rank solidly middling to okay. if you're only talking cheaper, non-craft beers, yuengling is one of your better investments.

That's it exactly. If Budweiser is a $6 where you are, premium domestic is a mass-market brand that costs $6.50.

The higher prices for craft beers have replaced religious tithing in North American culture.

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

DeadBlack posted:

I'll take the 5th post in the name of Lagunitas IPA

Drinking one right myself. Sierra Nevada Torps are pretty good too for the pretty.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WaffleLove posted:

Talking beer and you all haven't posted the best review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4_5BwSzJ-E

I don't get it. It wasn't a review of anything. Just some doofus with a ski mask drinking beer in a shower after some football play happened.

That was loving stupid.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with

nomadologique posted:

At the 7-11 on my street, and in every bar, Yeung costs exactly the same as Bud or any other macro-brewed domestic. I guess that's what I define as "cheap beer:" Domestic, Macro-brewed/non-craft, and competitively priced.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
All beers are beautiful.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Lionshead or Lionshead light.. both better than bud or miller. Used to be 11 for a case of 24 bottles.. think its like 14 now. Plus the caps have little riddles under them.

the_trash_man
Jan 2, 2015

RaceBannon posted:

Forgot about the black and tan. It's actually pretty good

Im drinking a black and tan right now actually
also $25 for 24 pounders is pretty drat good imo considering its better than their standard lager for the same price

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

That is abundantly clear

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

That is abundantly clear

Right, so should I get it? Please help me understand this. Much depends on it.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Right, so should I get it? Please help me understand this. Much depends on it.

It's SteeleWorldwide, malt liquor enthusiast. He's posted over 2500 videos of him drinking malt liquor to YouTube, including during a flood when he was up to his armpits in floodwater.

I'd post videos but I'm on my phone. Regardless I can't have you disparaging his efforts. God bless

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

It's SteeleWorldwide, malt liquor enthusiast. He's posted over 2500 videos of him drinking malt liquor to YouTube, including during a flood when he was up to his armpits in floodwater.

I'd post videos but I'm on my phone. Regardless I can't have you disparaging his efforts. God bless

:stare:

I..... I see.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with

Yes, he really enjoys his adult beverages. I enjoy his work, although I'm curious what his average BAC is. We'll probably never find out, since he'd have to stop drinking his malt liquor long enough to blow into a breathalyzer.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
1984. Summer. Hottest day yet that season. Working in the garage, converting it to an art studio. Hanging drywall in an area so warm we had to keep adding water to the mud so it would not dry out too fast. Both of us were poor college students, so we had very little in the way of money after buying building supplies. Went to FedCo to buy beer. Found a 12 of Drury's beer for $1.45. An entire twelve pack for $1.45. That's 12 cents a beer.

I was bad. It was warm. But it was beer. And after hanging all that drywall, it was like aquavit from Valhalla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Welp. Lovable SA forums :corsair: has us all beat.

• Locked thread